What's new

Jackies lil' Tower of Horrors

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Back in the building.

In spite of the screw ups, when i opened the side door the main cola of the cross came right at me.
Gained some height and weight.
The top seems to not want to end flowering.
I'll see what will happen in another week.
Could not detect any amber yet.
Not even on the lower flowersite wich looks done.
I see some bract swelling too :)
The scent is very aromatic mango with some decaying funk to it.

Screenshot_20210726-090205.png
Screenshot_20210726-090125.png
Screenshot_20210726-090306.png
Screenshot_20210726-090100.png
Screenshot_20210726-090243.png

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Aw that's a shame. Might be tough to judge her full potential, but I am sure it will be some good smoke either way.

Damn shame indeed, but i'm moving and i have no options.
Some parts i'm sure will be good already, by next week she will have passed 11 weeks since first pistil, and shes only on 10 hours of light for most of her life.
I think i have mistreated her in some way and she was in finishing mode, hence the few nanners.
But i might have bettered the conditions before i left for my vacation so she pushed out some more. Thats what i'm suspecting anyway. Shes probably benefiting from the higher PH now and has access to some stuff in the soil that she hadnt before.
Looks like she put out new roots all over the pot too.
Very hard to judge for me :)

The Manipuri is also budding nicely now, very small bracts at the moment but denser than before,... they almost look like buds hehe.
5 months old now if i'm not mistaken...
Crazy stuff.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Ok, i discovered a couple more nanners and a big ass seed in the lower regions. The bract has already opened up a bit but the seed still looks whiteish, or maybe its the skin that covers it.

​​​​​​

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Upon further inspection i found some more seeds and, yargh,... a moldy part in the lower region of the main cola :(
The mold was white and looked like spiderwebs ... immediately collapsed when touched.

I cut the entire main cola, left only the sidebuds.

Then i cut out the molded part generously ;(

​​​​​​Dipped my shears and fingers in alcohol and then disected the entire cola into smaller parts for drying, it was glistering with resin and the room filled up with such a nice mango herbal aroma.

Hope i did remove enough infested material...

Checked the thermometer unit and it seems there was a period of 80%RH while i was gone.
Probably because of my attempt to flush the medium to correct PH before i left them unattended for 9 days...

Funny enough that i didnt see any mold yesterday, but i didnt see the seeds either, i guess i was just happy that the plants 'survived' in my absence.

Now i put and hung the buds in a cardbord box with a string inside. Box has holes on 2 sides and i put it next to my dehumidifier wich pulls the air through the holes nicely.

​​​​:facepalm

TyroneShoelace

Ooof. That's a heartbreaker. Hope you can salvage it.

Good call breaking it up and being extra cautious. Once it's dry and ready to smoke, if you end up with a funny feeling in your chest, throat, nasal passages, or a headache/ head pressure you may want to turn it into a tincture instead. Protect those lungs for a future harvest.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Protect those lungs for a future harvest.

I need that on a T-Shirt :biglaugh:

Well, what you gotta do, gotta get over.
I think its ready for jarring by now, with a couple of boveda packs added for safety reasons. Cut those lower buds aswell, they wont get any better.
Buds look really airy now, but resinous. I think you were right it had a few weeks more to go.
​​​​​​​Now that its dry to the touch the smell has gotten a clear jasmine note to it. Cant wait to sample a few crumbs :]

BobChronic6505

if you end up with a funny feeling in your chest, throat, nasal passages, or a headache/ head pressure you may want to turn it into a tincture instead. Protect those lungs for a future harvest.

Could u explain a little more about this pls? What if I have bud that gives me a headache and gives head pressure?? Could that be a sign of mold?

TyroneShoelace

Could u explain a little more about this pls? What if I have bud that gives me a headache and gives head pressure?? Could that be a sign of mold?

Some herb has an effect that gives more head pressure, but that doesn't necessarily imply mold. But it's definitely a cause for concern if there are other red flags like excessive moisture/sponginess, or overly dry. I would definitely be looking for visible mold throughout the bud. Pick a large one, or one on the denser side and check it all the way to the core. If you have a 30-100x loupe that you can look for any signs of mold, that will really help confirm, or potentially rule out that as a cause.

Everyone has different reactions to herb, and we also all have different reactions to various allergies. So you'll have to look within the context of any known allergies and bodily responses you normally have.

My motto is, "when in doubt throw it out". Even if it's not mold, if the herb is giving me an unpleasant effect, why would I want to continue using it?

BobChronic6505

Some herb has an effect that gives more head pressure, but that doesn't necessarily imply mold. But it's definitely a cause for concern if there are other red flags like excessive moisture/sponginess, or overly dry. I would definitely be looking for visible mold throughout the bud. Pick a large one, or one on the denser side and check it all the way to the core. If you have a 30-100x loupe that you can look for any signs of mold, that will really help confirm, or potentially rule out that as a cause.

Everyone has different reactions to herb, and we also all have different reactions to various allergies. So you'll have to look within the context of any known allergies and bodily responses you normally have.

My motto is, "when in doubt throw it out". Even if it's not mold, if the herb is giving me an unpleasant effect, why would I want to continue using it?

I personally thought the head pressure and headaches were from too many clear trichomes. I struggle with getting them to turn amber. But recently I've been struggling with botrytis also. Your the first person I've seen that mentioned that head pressure thing, just wanted you to explain on it further, thanks man

TyroneShoelace

I personally thought the head pressure and headaches were from too many clear trichomes. I struggle with getting them to turn amber. But recently I've been struggling with botrytis also. Your the first person I've seen that mentioned that head pressure thing, just wanted you to explain on it further, thanks man

I've never had an issue with early harvested herb. I love taking early samples to see how things are developing. Never had any headaches or negative effects because of it, even with like week 4-5 samples. I only feel the head pressure with sativa doms where you get that headband effect, or the relief of pressure around the eyes, which could feel like pressure itself (if that makes any sense). 99% of the time, my head pressure related to mold will come with sinus issues since that's the highway that all that garbage took to reach my lungs and eventually my brain. But some people don't have the same reactions to certain allergens, so it's tough to generalize.

With the black market I know I smoked a lot of nasty stuff from less-than-reputable dealers and cultivators over the years. So glad things are shifting away from that.

@Jaques, any testing notes yet? How's it going?

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Hello everybody! Thanks for dropping by and for your interest in my small operation TyroneShoelace :)

​​​​​​Been very busy lately, lots of work to do!

The Manipuri x Lebanese is jarred and curing along currently. No mold outbreak and no funny feelings in lungs and/or nose.
Still a bit harsh in the vape especially at high temps. Goes down totally smooth when rolling a small tobacco cigarette (no additives) and spicin it up with some herb.
It is very sticky so i need a grinder to break it up, just small quantities.
The smell of the herb is so pleasant, heavy mango and little mint now.
Smoked together with tobacco the smell is really low key. No stinking up the place wich i really appreciate, and not your typical weed smell at all. Adds a honeyed slight herbal scent to the tobacco, like swiss herbal candy.

The buzz is very nice in small quantities spread throughout the day. Very good daytime qualities for me. Taking off the edge a bit and here i go.

I higher dosage it gets a bit silly stoney yet able to focus and active, wich is great, just not throughout the work day :)

Manipuri is currently drying, it got the extra week since it wasnt moldy at all.

I'll post some pics next time !

​​​​​​
​​​​​​​​​​​​​

TyroneShoelace

Hello everybody! Thanks for dropping by and for your interest in my small operation TyroneShoelace :)

​​​​​​Been very busy lately, lots of work to do!

The Manipuri x Lebanese is jarred and curing along currently. No mold outbreak and no funny feelings in lungs and/or nose.
Still a bit harsh in the vape especially at high temps. Goes down totally smooth when rolling a small tobacco cigarette (no additives) and spicin it up with some herb.
It is very sticky so i need a grinder to break it up, just small quantities.
The smell of the herb is so pleasant, heavy mango and little mint now.
Smoked together with tobacco the smell is really low key. No stinking up the place wich i really appreciate, and not your typical weed smell at all. Adds a honeyed slight herbal scent to the tobacco, like swiss herbal candy.

The buzz is very nice in small quantities spread throughout the day. Very good daytime qualities for me. Taking off the edge a bit and here i go.

I higher dosage it gets a bit silly stoney yet able to focus and active, wich is great, just not throughout the work day :)

Manipuri is currently drying, it got the extra week since it wasnt moldy at all.

I'll post some pics next time !

​​​​​​
​​​​​​

Sounds awesome! I love when herb can serve multiple purposes like that. Daytime clarity and nighttime stoniness. And even better that the smoke is subtle. Sometimes you don't want to broadcast to everyone on your block that you're getting baked.

Glad to hear there's no mold. It should mellow out as time goes by and the water content evens out a bit more. I'm interested to hear if taste/aroma/effect change over the cure.

​​​​​​​Nice work on the harvest!

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
Hey y'all, long time no post, i've been very very busy with everyday worklife and moving in to a new place.

The herbs have been curing along with some regular testing in between.

Manipuri x Lebanese aroma has improved a lot with time, its no longer possible to go unobserved when smoked in a skinny tobacco cigarette although the smell is not your typical weed 'stench'.
The turn is relaxing and dreamy for the first hour, after that stage i can resume any activity i was pursuing before.

The Manipuri on her own also improved aroma a bit, but its still woody.
I prefer her over the cross with the Lebanese as daytime herb.
Headband feeling at first with the eye pressure still there and it mellowed out a lot compared to when it was still fresh.
Great for enjoying work and music, nicely uplifting, youre not even aware youre high most of the times untill something funny happens and you laugh your ass off. Very clear and positive 'anti depressant' vibes, exactly what i was looking for.

Cant wait to go through more of the seeds of the cross i made with the 3 different Lebanese pollen, but i also ordered some Zamal Bliss from ACE.

My PC Tower is still stored away for now though.

So long,

ZJ

Latest posts

Latest posts