What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

Nspecta

Veteran
irene is no doubt an atl staple commanding very high prices, however i believe that its a very very very tight circle that is hush hush and somehow someone spending big money got ahold of it and the name and mystique spread like wildfire...being that irene is very rare there is not that much available. I first heard and smoked it in 2006 and then again in 2007, this was when their was a huge influx of purple everywhere shitty commercial green colored "purp" and fire urkels and pk's... I kept searchin to no avail and thought it to be gone til 2011 when a homie of a homie got signed to a very popular label... at this time irene was bout 800 a zip... unfortunately shit is hush round those parts and whoever has irene is not giving it up... i used to visit cali almost monthly 06-07 so this was before the og craze and the irene i know is most like the no name og i used to snag out there, if i had to pinpoint a known og to compare it to never actually having verified og cuts or seen irene being grown the taste is a dead ringer for sfv even tho like i say i have never 100 percent been sure that the og i had was sfv but the way the greyskull,sub rob,smoke trees, etc describe an explain the valley or sfv i would say they are very close although irene doesnt have the lemon smell just crazy cleaner turpentine gas type smell very original. it does have the sour exhale though

Irene isn't very close to the OG's...it's very Kushy no doubt...if I had to guess it's a Kush hybrid of some sort...very unique girl...and you got the smell pegged.

I'd be curious to see the cut Wick sourced...could be the same. One things for certain it's not an SFV OG cut.

Nspecta

Veteran
May not be the same cut then....or perhaps the Irene some how found it's way to the dirty dirty - but either way - I hear it pop up from time to time in certain circles I know from that area.

Apologies if I misspoke there - but I'll certainly stand by the statement there is an "Irene" cut in the ATL area that is thought of very highly...

dank.Frank

Hey Frank...I'm 99% certain that the dirty dirty cut of Irene is the same cut...the dirty cut was sourced in Socal/LA/Hollywood I do believe. OG Kush hybrid is the word on it.

whodare

Veteran
Some greasyyyy og

picture.php

picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

Here is some early flowering FIRE. I notice it has thicker branches and doesnt stretch much then other OGs I have seen.

FIRE

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gingerale

Veteran
How about a 14 week OG? Fraggle Rock is OG Tahoe x Sour Cream (which is Sour Diesel x G13 Haze) bred by D. Trevino of Hydroworld Mt Pleasant. This pheno forms enormous, loosely packed nugs with heavy haze influence. The high has a hazey onset, slightly racey, jumpy/zoned out vision but mostly clear headspace, slight head pressure, fading into a pleasant body feel without too much knockout. Works for me as all around excellent day or evening smoke. Smells a bit flowery with a hint of pine and tastes great.

Attachments

• fr1.jpg
    fr1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 16
  • fr2.jpg
    fr2.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 19
  • fraggle rock.jpg
    fraggle rock.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 17

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Lol. Danny Trevino bred herb. Get that shit out of here. This thread is full of fire, not 14 week floral sativas. Looks like that retained zero og characteristics. Let me guess, Cali connection Tahoe mom too...?

H

highsteppa

Any if you guys grown the poison og? Not the the durban cross but the one found by mosthigh in 96? I'm pushing 6 weeks and so far it looks and smells pretty kill.

whodare

Veteran
Don't know if I've seen any good flowers in mt pleasant except when mine get shipped up there lol...

Any if you guys grown the poison og? Not the the durban cross but the one found by mosthigh in 96? I'm pushing 6 weeks and so far it looks and smells pretty kill.

i done it a few times. definitely a good og.. is mosthigh and og kushman the same person cuz i thought it was found by og kushman. and i never heard of a durban cross going around.. sounds good though.

but ya hold on to that poison, its a good one.

gingerale

Veteran
gingerale, I'm pretty sure the only reason people found your post "not helpful" is cause you went and threw out Danny's name.

Seems most folks in MI think he's a douche bag.

Well I've never met the guy and don't know anything about him other than the 2 minutes I saw of him showing off his ridiculously huge plants on Youtube. I'm just passing along the info I was given, trying to give credit where it's due. Douchebag or not the guy's work resulted in me and other peeps having this all around awesome cut that I am really happy with. Why the fuck does politics always have to be brought up in everything? Jesus Christ people if you dont like D.T. for some reason then keep that shit to yourselves cause it has nothing to do with me.