What's new

Is Floramite OK to use as a hydro root dip?

I searched and searched but couldn't find a definitive answer and decided not to risk it.

I'm mostly a soil grower who is doing a DWC hydro experiment and I noticed some tiny mites on my roots. They seem very comfortable going down to the water level and they are so immersed in my hydroton that spraying from the top is useless.

I figured I could mix up a floramite solution and dip the whole net pot in to rinse all the hydroton but I want to make sure I won't burn my roots.

Sorry, no camera but I know that floramite does in fact kill and keep them from recolonizing the sprayed area, it's just impossible to completely spray into the hydroton.

I think I'd be OK to dip the roots, net pot and first inch or two of stem into the floramite solution but I'd rather not risk it, so let me know what you think. :2cents:

bron2k

i hope it's ok cuz i just got done dipping all my plants into a 5gal bucket with some floramite. they're still standing tall and perky. so lets prey i killed those fuckers cuz they ruin my last crop.

If possible, let me know asap if you notice any ill effects. I'll be dipping mine tomorrow. Here's crossing my fingers for both of us! ;)

bron2k

haha willl do my friend. Lights come on around 10pm central time so give me
lil time. Hopefully one of the og's on here will confirm it for us as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts