What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Is all SAR the same?

Biologist

If I'm spraying with Regalia (giant knotweed extract rich in resveratrol) and get a good SAR (systemic acquired resistance) response is that all I need? Would I get a different response spraying with chitosan or salicylic acid, etc.?

I'm looking for protection from Botrytis bud rot and also increased THC, terpenes, and health of the plant, without lowering bud weight. Trying to formulate my foliar plan to maximize that.

lolos

I believe chitosan is better for trichrome production . BUT overusing it can be detrimental to your yield. (Personal experience)

Biologist

Lolos can you give more specifics about what you experienced with chitosan? I definitely don’t want to lower my yield.

lolos

Well, I overused it and buds were noticeably smaller and full of trichomes. (Trichomes stacked on top of other trichomes)

I used a full tea spoon of chitosan oligosaccharide in 1L of water, which is a lot.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well, I overused it and buds were noticeably smaller and full of trichomes. (Trichomes stacked on top of other trichomes)

I used a full tea spoon of chitosan oligosaccharide in 1L of water, which is a lot.

That sounds horrible. Send it to me. I will safely dispose of it for you, free of charge. :tiphat:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Haha!

Lolos, what product or brand of chitin/chitosan are you using? I can never find an easily measurable/obtainable oligosaccharide.

lolos

Haha!

Lolos, what product or brand of chitin/chitosan are you using? I can never find an easily measurable/obtainable oligosaccharide.

It's been 2 years now since I ordered from China. A vendor from Alibaba. Paid about 80$ total for 1kg.
They usually send by courier which costs a lot (+ customs) but you can avoid that by talking with the vendor to send it with standard mail.