What's new

Indiana Bubblegum

tricloud

Personaly I've grown a few hybrids with insane orange smelling/tasting plants, the first was JIllyBean who had a lot of variations but from the 6 females I've grown 2 of them had a distinct orange smell, one was not very strong smelling but very pleasant citrus odor. The other was a very strong smelling one with intense orange peel smell and in the background a very offensive skunk smell. I had one who was kind of tutti-frutti very sweet and tasty girl, the other were a mix of fruity/offensive smells but not specially orange. I have no idea where their mother Orange Velvet came from but I liked growing the JillyBean seeds.
The other cross made with supposedly AE77 Cali O was Blood orange(CaliOxAppalachia) from Bodhi seeds, there was a lot of variations as well, the 3 females I had were very different, one was low odor, big yielder but average or low quality, the second was lemon smell/taste strong odor and powerful high with a decent yield, kept her for a few runs and finally the winner, a plant who reeked so much of orange it could be too much and disgust some people; full of resin and big yielder, she was a winner on all fronts, I kept this alive with the help of a friend for 5 years, the longest I've ever kept a genetic. She is so far one of my only elite level plant I've ever selected from seed;
I'd like to see more crosses from Bodhi with his CaliO if he still has it, I don't know where she comes from but certainly made outstanding hybrids.

Yup CSI works with it,mz Jill still works with the Melvin,same plant renamed.... I remember posts from years ago from Dave watson saying that the Cali-o was from skunk#1 stock and popped by a friend of rob Clarke's,maybe that dude was eric77
Ive had the great pleasure of talking to eric77 and he did not disclose what he used to make Cali-o. In other words he never told anyone what he used to make Cali-o. Sorry I got the original post wrong and edited just now edited this.

I did just now confirm all this through a very reliable source. Eric77 is gone now so nobody will ever know what the real Cali-o was made from. And yes, eric77 was the breeder of Cali-o.

I need to back away from the keyboard now because I keep f'ing up.

Last edited:

Alpenglow

I have read it in a magazine too when i did research on the Tangi years ago.
Not 100% sure if it was Skunk or Skunk#1 where the Cali O came from, but i remember skunk 🙃
I will try to find it again

Crazy Chester

Ive had the great pleasure of talking to eric77 and he told me personally that the Calio was from skunk#1 seed.
And I think, as someone pointed out a few posts up, Sam Skunkman confirmed the same.

Having grown the Cali-O clone before - I agree - it's a Skunk #1.

Did Eric77 share with you when he popped the seed?

Here's flowering pics of Cali-O I took two years ago:

Cali-O 2022.jpg

Cali-O 2022 2.jpg

1715449409297.png

Crazy Chester

I think Cali-O, UK Cheese and perhaps the Indiana Bubblegum clone are all Skunk #1 phenos and all of them are 40+ years old or will be celebrating their 40th birthday in less than 5 years.

Since this is an Indiana Bubblegum thread, here's pics I took today of one I have outdoors flowering now:

IBG (5.11.24) 1.jpg

IBG (5.11.24) 2.jpg

IBG (5.11.24) 3.jpg

Last edited:

bimblebrains_1

I have read it in a magazine too when i did research on the Tangi years ago.
Not 100% sure if it was Skunk or Skunk#1 where the Cali O came from, but i remember skunk 🙃
I will try to find it again
It was 100% from skunk#1 stock from around the time Watson started to work it in the more sweet direction,people just gave it the tag the 77 cali-o because of the grower not because was from 1977,it's not quite that old...I've even heard the classic na this one's the 76 cali-o because for every famous cut with a year attached to it theres always some dickhead with the pre version,bit like the ssh 97 cup winning cut....greenhouse only entered it in 98 so how is the 97 lol..same with the cheese, this one's the original 1988 clone, hilarious

Crazy Chester

It was 100% from skunk#1 stock from around the time Watson started to work it in the more sweet direction,people just gave it the tag the 77 cali-o because of the grower not because was from 1977,it's not quite that old
Agreed - the "77" was from Eric77, aka, AE77 - it being more a reference to his internet name than to a particular year. It's also a reference to the first cannabis related internet club that Eric77, Subcool, Vic High, Pi, Skoosh and others were a part of.

bimblebrains_1

And I think, as someone pointed out a few posts up, Sam Skunkman confirmed the same.

Having grown the Cali-O clone before - I agree - it's a Skunk #1.

Did Eric77 share with you when he popped the seed?

Here's flowering pics of Cali-O I took two years ago:

View attachment 19000793

View attachment 19000794

View attachment 19000791
Wow very very nice mate...you can see the skunk#1 in her,as to wether she's a pure skunk one pheno for sure who knows but when I look at the bubblegum runtz clone I got here I see it sooooooo obviously,but it is half runtz which has Og in there and og
for sure has skunk#1 or the same afghan as the parental stock in the original skunk .. If you grow almost any of the cookie/sherb type cuts or hybrids you can see it in the leaf sets,here's an example..baby jokerz clone which is white runtz x jet fuel gelato ( I think)...
IMG_20240423_154919.jpg
IMG_20240423_155029.jpg
IMG_20240423_155020.jpg
IMG_20240423_154940.jpg

Couldn't get much more skunk #1 looking if it tried ...it does have the double serrations as well on bigger fans but this plant had been cleaned up quite a lot for production,most of the sherb stuff has the doubles too...hell there ain't much out there with out sk1 in if you trace back far enough lol

Cheers. bimble

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Wow very very nice mate...you can see the skunk#1 in her,as to wether she's a pure skunk one pheno for sure who knows but when I look at the bubblegum runtz clone I got here I see it sooooooo obviously,but it is half runtz which has Og in there and og
for sure has skunk#1 or the same afghan as the parental stock in the original skunk .. If you grow almost any of the cookie/sherb type cuts or hybrids you can see it in the leaf sets,here's an example..baby jokers clone which is white runtz x jet fuel gelato ( I think)...
View attachment 19000834 View attachment 19000835 View attachment 19000836 View attachment 19000837
Couldn't get much more skunk #1 looking if it tried ...it does have the double serrations as well on bigger fans but this plant had been cleaned up quite a lot for production,most of the sherb stuff has the doubles too...hell there ain't much out there with out sk1 in if you trace back far enough lol

Cheers. bimble

Speaking of double serrations, that's a verifying feature of the Cali-O clone:

Cali-O Doubled Serrations.jpg

I don't have a pic of it, but she sometimes has an entire side of serrations on a leaflet doubled.

bimblebrains_1

I don't think the mother used to make the JillyBean and Blood Orange were the same because there was no trace of the putrid smells you could find in the JB in the BO.
They are definitely one and the same bro,old episode of the weed nerd before his house burnt down ect..they talk about how the Melvin is just that old cali-o cut but had the Melvin tag when mzjill was passed it,same conversation he then says how they renamed her orange velvet for the company as they thought they would sell more seeds,so mum to the jillybean and agent orange.
I also fail to see the correlation of no trace of putrid smells in a different hybrid using the Cali o clone,perhaps that extra putrid nose is a recessive gene coming thru from the space queen side in the jilly being as the killer queen and Cindy are of old g13 and skunk linage...sure as hell not much if any rank smells being passed by skunk stock once Watson got his grubby little paws all over it,it's still in there it's just a double recessive and is super hard to breed for.. something I wish to strive for in the future,it's already out there under people's noses but yer... Haha

LifeLess

Veteran
There’s actually 2 cuts that are old that go around as bubblegum… the Indiana cut big wide leaves pink bubblegum funk killer plant yields massive inside and out … and the cut that went to Amsterdam very similar flowers but has club like leaves much darker green I’d say a touch frostier but yields much less both are great cuts and are almost identical when finished and out into a bag…
20240309_101550.jpg

LifeLess

Veteran
This is great information - thanks Lifeless!

Does that photo show both of them? The one that stayed in the US being the two plants on the left and the one that went to Europe being the two plants on the right?
All the same plant Indiana bubblegum. I was gifted this cut in 06 from an old member of the forums. SUNSIMULATOR. He hooked me up with bg and sour slut aka cherry diesel. His aunt was friends with Somas Gf. She brought the cut back to the US and gifted Ss aunt with a cut. That's the info I was given with the cut. Peace
This is great information - thanks Lifeless!

Does that photo show both of them? The one that stayed in the US being the two plants on the left and the one that went to Europe being the two plants on the right?

Last edited:

LifeLess

Veteran
There was a few growers who cloned their plants as soon as they started to grow indoor in the 70/80's but I don't believe any cut of 40 years is still alive. When professional can't keep their plants safe how could could have done illegal growers? Police raids, pests, diseases, thieves, all the different catastrophes who can happen to any grower make almost impossible to keep clones for half a century.
I've had the cut almost 20 years now. I've had almost every problem under the sun. Still going strong.
20240309_101550.jpg

Munson

Veteran
I’ve heard that possibly one of the BG clones that floats around is actually a sensi star pheno? From 98 I think. Anyone else heard that?

tricloud

All the same plant Indiana bubblegum. I was gifted this cut in 06 from an old member of the forums. SUNSIMULATOR. He hooked me up with bg and sour slut aka cherry diesel. His aunt was friends with Somas Gf. She brought the cut back to the US and gifted Ss aunt with a cut. That's the info I was given with the cut. Peace
And all this time I thought Bromd brought this plant into the frey... Where does he come into play with this clone because he seems attached to it?

And thanks for clearing the air, time has a way of affecting my memory.

kro-magnon

Veteran
They are definitely one and the same bro,old episode of the weed nerd before his house burnt down ect..they talk about how the Melvin is just that old cali-o cut but had the Melvin tag when mzjill was passed it,same conversation he then says how they renamed her orange velvet for the company as they thought they would sell more seeds,so mum to the jillybean and agent orange.
I also fail to see the correlation of no trace of putrid smells in a different hybrid using the Cali o clone,perhaps that extra putrid nose is a recessive gene coming thru from the space queen side in the jilly being as the killer queen and Cindy are of old g13 and skunk linage...sure as hell not much if any rank smells being passed by skunk stock once Watson got his grubby little paws all over it,it's still in there it's just a double recessive and is super hard to breed for.. something I wish to strive for in the future,it's already out there under people's noses but yer... Haha
I've grown enough Space Queen in pure form or crosses to know the putrid smells were coming from the orange mother of the JillyBean, grown myself not heard on a podcast. Maybe you should stop basing your supposition on quotes from podcasts or forum.

LifeLess

Veteran
And all this time I thought Bromd brought this plant into the frey... Where does he come into play with this clone because he seems attached to it?

And thanks for clearing the air, time has a way of affecting my memory.
Bromd was the go between. Sun sent the cut to Bromd. He vegged it and I went and got cuts. Rip Bromd

Crazy Chester

Do you think it's true what stoney917 said about there being two IBG clones - one the went to Europe and one that stayed in the US? If so - which one do you think you have?

LifeLess

Veteran
Do you think it's true what stoney917 said about there being two IBG clones - one the went to Europe and one that stayed in the US? If so - which one do you think you have?
I myself don't think so. Only because of what I was told when I was gifted this cut. He had no reason to lie or make up a story. I didn't care either way I just wanted the cut. At the time all I knew was it was bubblegum.

bimblebrains_1

I've grown enough Space Queen in pure form or crosses to know the putrid smells were coming from the orange mother of the JillyBean, grown myself not heard on a podcast. Maybe you should stop basing your supposition on quotes from podcasts or forum.
Ok keep it calm bro I'm not looking for an argument,how do you know I haven't grown almost the entire old tga catalog?,I have as it goes including the space jill..
What I was trying to get at was that you can't really base the lack of putrid smells on the cali-o cross compared to the orange velvet on them being different clones,the appalachia male used in the blood orange for instance could be cancellng out those genes being a heavy skunk#1 chem type himself,like I said in the previous post the putrid skunk spray dead body type smells are double recessive so putting a skunk#1 clone to a heavy skunk chem male is never gunna throw the ultra putrid phenos,and again that's why so many so called rks seed lines over the years are dogshit because they were most likely made by trying to cross more true breeding parental stock to eachother..sorry if I came across as condensending or whatever I just love to discuss and debate,share ideas...I don't mean any offence,I'm hear to make friends,share and learn.. what was your fave tga variety out of interest,i loved the time wreck and the 3d

Peace bro. bimble

Latest posts

Latest posts