What's new

Diary Indian Landrace Exchange: 2022 outdoor, 42 north

Naindejardin

Starting some seeds for the new season! Malana Valley: Waichen (2020 and 2021 bubblegum pheno) and Wailing (2020 and 2021 strawberry pheno), from Brown Bag Farm Goods and Full Power Selections, respectively.

Attachments

• photo2126124.jpg
    photo2126124.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 121

Naindejardin

Does anyone have experience with LeafWorks? I’d like to speed up the process and have sexing done as soon as I can?

mack 10

Resin Herder
Veteran
Great idea. Wish more producing country's would do selections from their native strains
instead of using modern poly hybrid hype strains.
If they did good enough selections they could have the new new right there.
If everyone keeps crossing the same genetics we gonna be f'ed in a few years.

Naindejardin

mack 10 yeah man, enough of the GMO-cookies-OGee-peyote-grandad-alien-gorilla. Going to be the equivalent of the genetic bottleneck of cheetahs, a bunch of uncle cousins. Just wait till big tobacco and pharma get their paws in it too. Y’all going to be smoking Super Syngenta Bayer Corteva haze 😱

Naindejardin

troutman thanks Trout, I plan on keeping the males also, but I’d like to keep them segregated at a different property. 1.) yes I want to make selections. 2.) I know I need to keep a stock of seeds from the OP just for variation.

I will also have some Swabi Pakistani going too but that’s only female. I may have to STS reverse a female but that line shouldn’t be that homogeneous. So not too big of an issue, as I can pheno hunt later.

Naindejardin

2D420A18-9C97-4BAB-BE6B-2051D1B0AAD7.jpeg
Good news so far, three days after soak 4/5 are up for the Waichin “Bubblegum”, not much action on the others. 🤞the seeds are still viable from 2020.

Naindejardin

Week 2 update... also started some Tosh x Ethiopian. 100% germ rate. One mutant seedling and the others are starting to look better. Light warrior was too hot I believe.

goingrey

Looking good. The bottom left corner has very different leaves to the others, is it Wailing Valley? The others in big pots Waichin?

Naindejardin

Looking good. The bottom left corner has very different leaves to the others, is it Wailing Valley? The others in big pots Waichin?
Actually the 4 in the front are the Waichin Bubblegums, and the three in the back (including the real Afghanica looking one) are the Wailing. Lots of phenotypical variation so far, the smell is nice so far also, like a tomato vine smell and some wood. Going to clone and harden off this week or next and outside they go.

Naindejardin

Good and bad news. Lost one Wailing so only one remains hope it’s a female, two Waichin and a few stragglers including a red pheno of Swazi. I got torched by the farmer’s Dicamba and now struggling with hemp borers. Always something, and that’s what I get for putting them close to a field and trying to be organic.

Last edited: