What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

In Colorado, Smoking Pot Legally Is Harder Than You Might Think

Jhhnn

Veteran
What really is going to suck is if someone like Chris Christie gets elected next year.

“If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie warned. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

Older article, but he just challenged Obama to act yesterday during an interview.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/chris-christie-enforce-marijuana-illegal-2016-120769

Christie is doing what conservatives do best- pissing into the wind while pandering to his base.

National cannabis prohibition is a dead man walking. The only thing that federal enforcement would accomplish is the transfer of taxpaying jobs, lawful profits & state tax revenues into the hands of black marketeers.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
In Burbank, you can get fined for lighting up a cigarette on the street so I'm pretty conditioned to be discreet about my joints.

Fort Collins has gone the same way, going to be illegal in old town to light up anything. Cig smoke annoys me but only around doorways, who cares about the sidewalk at large.

If smoking where you are isn't going to piss off anyone you're probably good. I smell pot all the time at concerts, fireworks, tour de fat, etc, ad nauseum and have never seen anyone get cited. I usually enjoy stuff like that with family and am sober anyway.

420Stylez

i don't understand why they don't have pot bars or smoke houses? it seems like a legitimate need to make smoking more socialized..... who wouldn't want to goto a club and smoke blunts while getting smashed! ive heard of people doing it in a few bars here but ive never seen it. this is one of those states that they'll throw you under the jail for smelling like weed. lol

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i don't understand why they don't have pot bars or smoke houses?
Theres some hash bars in cali and it seems like they are getting more popular

u cant get a DUI for smoking cigs and driving comprende durangatangs were born in DGO 52 yrs now were U
i drive better when i'm stoned. and i definitely dont comprendo the 2nd part of that post

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
i don't understand why they don't have pot bars or smoke houses? it seems like a legitimate need to make smoking more socialized..... who wouldn't want to goto a club and smoke blunts while getting smashed! ive heard of people doing it in a few bars here but ive never seen it. this is one of those states that they'll throw you under the jail for smelling like weed. lol

I don't understand it either. That's why people go to Amsterdam, so they can smoke in clubs with friends, duh. Such a no-brainer, Colorado (and the rest of the US).

I think it's just kind of common sense and maybe a bit of luck if you want to smoke publicly. In Florida, I could smoke a joint on the steps outside my apartment building and watch the cars on the freeway without any hassle. Now, if I lit up in the middle of the sidewalk downtown...that would be a different story. Weed's good no matter where you smoke it so people should just relax and keep it discrete.