What's new

I’m coming out of retirement…… ( insert movie trailer music )

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thats right folks. im back. Spent the last 10 years extracting for myself and others but bho has died. As we all know. Anyone want about 10k worth of sanitary stainless steel??? lol

Been a while since I last grew anything and my life has changed some what since then. New house, new mrs. Kids.etc … so growing in my own home Is no longer possible. Luckily I have a mate who has given me a 1.5 m x 3m area to prove my worth. Then upgrade to 3x3 after first run. Luckily for me my mate is the facility manager for a major arms manufacturer, so he knows what he’s doing with engineering. So building the space has been a doddle. He’s thought of everything and more. His skills are wasted. He could setup massive facilities if he has the ability to. So I’m happy to leave him in control… kind of.

As many of you may know, I don’t go small. But I’m not a big commercial guy either. I’m just a nerd. I used to test grow for gavita with their plasma and with mars with their first iterations of mars hyrdo lights. So i wanna do this proper. Best I can produce, bar non. Yep, Im putting that out there.

I’ve spent the last 6 month learning the new techs. Vpd control. Crop steering. You name it. My brain has sucked it up. Oh it’s felt so good.

Thus far I’m at stage two. That’s equipment getting delivered to the safe, buffer zone ( not the grow house ). The room getting built and sealed and 18000 btu air con going in.

Lighting will be GrandMaster Led tarantula Borg 4 channel, 1500 w spectrum tuning leds. X 2. From my years of watching from a fair these guys have peaked my interest for a while. Was inclined with Scyence LED but they seamed to have dropped off. So have plenty of light to play with and 500 possible spectrums to play with.

Environmental and substrate monitoring will be by a full Trolmaster Hydro X Pro system. This will allow me to monitor and control co2, heat, vpd, etc . substrate dry backs and ec content for ec stacking etc. I’m really looking forward to this.

Have some lovely genetics to play with. Not sure what to go with. Maybe Gary Payton and Knightsbridge Oz. But I nice cut of Dark Rainbow ( gmo x rainbow belts ) is also available. Zowah too. Choices choices. I need the two that will grow will togther and they will be sharing a feed tank. Growing in Grodan Hugo blocks, dripped with floraflex system. Nutrient chiller. Hydrotops base feed tailored to our water. Pk13/14 for stretch, 9/18 for swell. Canna boost. And that’s probably it. No beneficials. Just salts and love.

Looking forward to getting the first pics up. Hopefully in a week or so.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thats right folks. im back. Spent the last 10 years extracting for myself and others but bho has died. As we all know. Anyone want about 10k worth of sanitary stainless steel??? lol

Been a while since I last grew anything and my life has changed some what since then. New house, new mrs. Kids.etc … so growing in my own home Is no longer possible. Luckily I have a mate who has given me a 1.5 m x 3m area to prove my worth. Then upgrade to 3x3 after first run. Luckily for me my mate is the facility manager for a major arms manufacturer, so he knows what he’s doing with engineering. So building the space has been a doddle. He’s thought of everything and more. His skills are wasted. He could setup massive facilities if he has the ability to. So I’m happy to leave him in control… kind of.

As many of you may know, I don’t go small. But I’m not a big commercial guy either. I’m just a nerd. I used to test grow for gavita with their plasma and with mars with their first iterations of mars hyrdo lights. So i wanna do this proper. Best I can produce, bar non. Yep, Im putting that out there.

I’ve spent the last 6 month learning the new techs. Vpd control. Crop steering. You name it. My brain has sucked it up. Oh it’s felt so good.

Thus far I’m at stage two. That’s equipment getting delivered to the safe, buffer zone ( not the grow house ). The room getting built and sealed and 18000 btu air con going in.

Lighting will be GrandMaster Led tarantula Borg 4 channel, 1500 w spectrum tuning leds. X 2. From my years of watching from a fair these guys have peaked my interest for a while. Was inclined with Scyence LED but they seamed to have dropped off. So have plenty of light to play with and 500 possible spectrums to play with.

Environmental and substrate monitoring will be by a full Trolmaster Hydro X Pro system. This will allow me to monitor and control co2, heat, vpd, etc . substrate dry backs and ec content for ec stacking etc. I’m really looking forward to this.

Have some lovely genetics to play with. Not sure what to go with. Maybe Gary Payton and Knightsbridge Oz. But I nice cut of Dark Rainbow ( gmo x rainbow belts ) is also available. Zowah too. Choices choices. I need the two that will grow will togther and they will be sharing a feed tank. Growing in Grodan Hugo blocks, dripped with floraflex system. Nutrient chiller. Hydrotops base feed tailored to our water. Pk13/14 for stretch, 9/18 for swell. Canna boost. And that’s probably it. No beneficials. Just salts and love.

Sounds interesting friend. After you get set up post some photos if its safe.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nice to see you back theherbalizor look forward to seeing your photos sounds like you have a plan best of luck :wave::good:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What has replaced butane extraction, rosin presses??? I just bought the passive BHO setup and did it once. Still have half in freezer. Was too strong for me, and made me cough up phlegm.
Good luck with new grow.

ForTheLove

Veteran
Was talking to a friend recently about where some of the great growers have gone from IC Mag . The ones who inspired us over a decade ago.
Heath's and yourself names came up, amongst afew others!.....

A week later, I log on here and Poof... You appear!
Was always a pleasure to watch your grows in the past, so looking forward to seeing whats to come :)

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Was talking to a friend recently about where some of the great growers have gone from IC Mag . The ones who inspired us over a decade ago.
Heath's and yourself names came up, amongst afew others!.....

A week later, I log on here and Poof... You appear!
Was always a pleasure to watch your grows in the past, so looking forward to seeing whats to come :)
Many have died and many have left. So many were not happy with new format. I miss the list of friends and whether they were online to chat.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hey folks,

Thanks for all the kind words. And yes there will be a thread, I’ll probably use this thread to document the build. Got all the bits delivered this week. Should all start getting installed next week.

And if people would like I can go in to full detail on crop steering, both environmental and substrate control.

First pics should be up in the next few weeks.

need4weed

Veteran
I like the sound of the setup bro, was coming out of a 3 year hiatus myself, half way through setting up, my man blows up the back bedroom making BHO, him and his Mrs burnt but ok. The old bill on hi ass so that's put a damper on the show. I was looking to do sealed room too, first time doing so, but my concerns where smell. Looking to the future. What's your thoughts on a hybrid room, sealed but with a small filter and fan trickling outside to maintain a very light negative pressure