What's new

If you eat KFC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohomz

If you eat KFC (I personally don't), do NOT order extra crispy. I was talking to a buddy of mine that used to work there and he told me that to make the "extra crispy" breading, they take all the leftover crunchies from the bottom of the fryers and mix them in with their regular recipe breading. Disgusting! I just thought people should know,

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I work at KFC.

All I'm going to say, is that I will never eat KFC again.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
I think if any of you toured one of the chicken "farms" where they get these unfortunate creatures, you would never touch that shit again. Same goes for fast food burgers....

G

dammit I need to go get land and grow my own shit and hunt my own game.. everything I keep reading makes me wanna hunt my own food! and Im a dam city boy!

H

herbal essences

doesnt bother me, sounds like it would taste even better if they do that

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
Kaos! said:
If You knew how They made the gravy...You'd never order it again...

Kaos!
Yep.

It's 3 quarts of hot water, and a bag of powder.

The mashed potatoes are a real treat though.
3 quarts of water per bag, and some liquid "butter" that comes in a gigantic laundry detergent looking container.

S

strain_searcher

If you eat too much of that stuff you start to grow your own breasts

PoppinFresh

mmmmm delicious lol.

but from what i know about frying chicken... anything left at the bottom of a fryer is going to be BLACK! if you're extra crispy chicken doesn't have any black spots on it, i can pretty much say they scrape the "crisp" from the bottom of the fryer ESPECIALLY if it was going to be REFRIED with the uncooked chicken.

Feyd, if you work @ KFC, shouldn't you be able to shine light on that?

lastly, any fast food restaurant (or any spot) is going to have some shit that will turn you off to it if you look or wait long enough. it sounds like, maybe, that particular KFC was on some dirty shit. i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I suppose all restaurants are different in their methods. I'm not a cook but I do hang around the kitchen area mostly, I'm prep and packing, what I do is throw the popcorn chicken/wings/wedges and all that good stuff in to the friers, the actual chicken I don't do because each piece is individually breaded.
I know for sure that the extra crispy breading is not left over "crunchies", just prepared and cooked differently.

But I have seen some nasty shit. Dead roaches in the freezer (nobody cared about it) and I saw a fly fly into some mashed potatoes when someone was whipping some up and they didn't even care when I pointed it out.

So basically, I am paranoid about eating fast food now. I knew it was bad, but jesus tapdancing christ.

Kizzattack

If I was preparing food for somebody (which I do quite often because I enjoy it) I would give it my best effort to make the food as nice as possible and to make it as hygienically as possible.
If I was making food and a fly landed on, for example, a piece of bread, I'd throw the bread out and get another piece. I just can't understand people that do stuff to food or let flys go into the food etc...

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
When I was a little kid in the 50's, my dad would go out and grab a chicken from the chicken yard, grab a rake, put the chickens neck under the rake, grab it's feet, stand on the rake handle, and just pull the chicken's head off and toss it down to run around headless for a while. Reckon I was about 30 before I ever started to enjoy eating chicken. You kids get upset about a fly and a roach, hehe. I reckon it is a bonus to sit down to eat without personnally killing anything.
H

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Feyd said:
I work at KFC.

All I'm going to say, is that I will never eat KFC again.

I love the coleslaw and the Mac-and-Cheese, are those bad too? :puppydoge

G

my uncle killed chickens and turkeys around me all the time...that dint stop...im more worried about hormones

NOKUY

Veteran
I dont work around food, thank god or I'd prolly never eat...I hardly do anyway.

my neighbor killed 5 of his "organic fed" chickens today and brought me one at about 6:30 this morning... (I have to pluk and gut it tho).

anyway I ran to the store and grabbed:

2 onions
2 garlic cloves
fresh organic basil
fresh organic tarrogon
fresh organic dill
a big wad of celery
a big wad of carrots

and sum egg noodles

....yep I'm makin' homemade ckicken noodle soup today

you can have KFC ....I like the skin off that shit tho

Last edited:

RED145

One of my buddies in high school worked at the Colonels,we used to hang out behind the place and get high,while doing that,some of us used to open the 5 gallon pails of cole slaw and hack a loogie into it,all kindsa other sick shit you do as a kid,that was 26 yrs ago....imagine what todays kids do!!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.