What's new

Identification and mapping of major-effect flowering time loci Autoflower1 and Early1 in Cannabis sativa L.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
hello to all, I saw this document on another forum dedicated to autoflowering, I copy the link here, it might interest some:

Wow, thats a lot of reading. Very interesting.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Its a pretty quick read if you've picked up the knack for ignoring academic pomposity, but theres not much in there to read once jargon is scraped away. They confirmed that autoflowering is a recessive mendelian trait, which we all knew a decade ago and then at the the end it casts doubt on the idea that autoflowering was picked up from ruderalis and instead stupidly proposes that it may have evolved in the tropics. Dude must've been stoned dumb when he thought that up. It refers to us as "the gray literature" which is probably supposed to be some sort of insult, but we didn't require zillions of dollars of grant money to figure all this out ages before they did.

In conclusion it seems that Jacob A. Toth, George M. Stack, Craig H. Carlson & Lawrence B. Smart probably got dropped on their heads as children

yes it's not new and for the tropics either, the zamal a la Réunion can be neutral by day and live for years. it flowers when it is sufficiently mature and not by the photoperiod.

where I find it interesting is for the autoflowering genes which are different from the early genes and that some early ones have an autoflowering type behavior.

Latest posts

Latest posts