What's new

Hyp3rids. Whos dealt with them?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
redlime.JPG

This is Red Lime or Cambodian x Zacatecas at 51 days flower. It is getting real close for me, may let it run another week at the most. Is this the Zacatecas pheno? Cambodian lines run longer than Mexican afik.

The other females of this line had male flowers and were culled. Great smoke though even being immature.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just smoked a small bud of the Red Lime I dried in the sun. Pretty strong and quite stony. Reminds me of Mexican lines I had in the seventies. Good quality high. I assume this is the Zacatecas pheno as it is already good to chop at 53 days.

A bit trippy as the good Mexican lines are and a bit of stony feelings as is common with them. Similar to the Michoacan from Snow, so a good line for sure.

RobFromTX

Just smoked a small bud of the Red Lime I dried in the sun. Pretty strong and quite stony. Reminds me of Mexican lines I had in the seventies. Good quality high. I assume this is the Zacatecas pheno as it is already good to chop at 53 days.

A bit trippy as the good Mexican lines are and a bit of stony feelings as is common with them. Similar to the Michoacan from Snow, so a good line for sure.

Sounds delicious! I wonder if their Zacatecas is related to the one im growing from green mountain seeds. Supposedly the purple zacatecas cut

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_085149235.jpg
    IMG_20230806_085149235.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230806_084507053.jpg
    IMG_20230806_084507053.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ No offense but your plant looks to have been hit with afghan genes pretty hard. Not sure if the seventies Mexican I had did not have some indica in it, they were doing it by then. The buds were not very dense. I think not.

I am certain of the Zacatecas in the Red Lime that I smoked as being unchanged from what I had in the seventies. So my interest in their other Mexican lines is up quite a bit. I might try to snag their Purple Zacatecas as that was the strain to have in the early seventies.

Mid seventies Colombian took over or if you had the money and could find any, Thai, Cambodian, Hawaiian were the ticket.

A lot of the Mexican lines were similar in effect for me. I also heard that from a guy who used to post here who had lots more experience than me with many strains, including many Mexican lines. He favored a certain Guerrero and kept seeds frozen of it. None made it to me sadly.

To clarify, I never had anything that was referred to as being Zacatecas back in the 70's. Only pot I had that was named something was some Oaxacan I got in mid eighties and it was underwhelming. The Michoacan from Snow I have is quite similar in effect to this Zacatecas.

RobFromTX

^^ No offense but your plant looks to have been hit with afghan genes pretty hard. Not sure if the seventies Mexican I had did not have some indica in it, they were doing it by then. The buds were not very dense. I think not.

I am certain of the Zacatecas in the Red Lime that I smoked as being unchanged from what I had in the seventies. So my interest in their other Mexican lines is up quite a bit. I might try to snag their Purple Zacatecas as that was the strain to have in the early seventies.

Mid seventies Colombian took over or if you had the money and could find any, Thai, Cambodian, Hawaiian were the ticket.

A lot of the Mexican lines were similar in effect for me. I also heard that from a guy who used to post here who had lots more experience than me with many strains, including many Mexican lines. He favored a certain Guerrero and kept seeds frozen of it. None made it to me sadly.

To clarify, I never had anything that was referred to as being Zacatecas back in the 70's. Only pot I had that was named something was some Oaxacan I got in mid eighties and it was underwhelming. The Michoacan from Snow I have is quite similar in effect to this Zacatecas.

Well thats a real drag :confused: . It was listed as a full sativa on the ace website. They sure do smell good though. like grape pez candy

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw no Zacatecas from green mtn. A grape line and purple satellite I grew the satellite and it was good smoke. Quite a bit of indica in it. Still good stuff. If you like it is all that matters.

You look like you have the grape line. No mention of it being from Zacatecas. Selecting for dense flowers on a sativa is possible too. It says not pure but 90%. There is no way of determining exact percent of one strain to another in the mix. If you back cross it many times to the sativa it still is not certain.

RobFromTX

The strain is no longer available but heres the seedfinder info. Apparently he used a zacatecas purple sativa IBL? Either way im satisfied. Its a beautiful plant thats easy to grow. Im surprised at your experience as i thought purple satellite was a pure sativa too, but Ive followed your grows enough to tell you know your stuff

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually backcrossing might yield more exact percentages. I was thinking of various hybrids where they say it is 30% something, like it is exactly that.

No way is what you have pure, that was my point. By the time Vermontman got his Oaxaca it had been bred with indica, 1979. I want to go back to 1970 before all this nonsense with indica in everything. Maybe 1960?

GreenestBasterd

Anyone popped anything else from them?

I missed out on a couple of the Cuban blood haze’s I’d been perving a while back, oh well.

I’m about to order the CBH(El squato), CBH(pure haze) and the Long Island haze to have a little delve…

That viet black x Liu Hahn earlier in the thread looked fantastic.

goingrey

In their store I see they are sold out of some "The Piff aka NYC Haze S2" hybrid "Uptown Sass", different from the CBH hybrids. Anyone know anything about this and if they are planning something more with that one?

chewiesmoke

Uptown Sass is - The Piff S2 X Sawa - for folk who like a combination of Haze / Sour... The Piff S2 came from White Rabbit Farms, You can see her on our IG feed and website. Sawa is one of our flagship strains - Lemon Thai IX by San X [SBSH X Lime BX]. She's just been repopulated for an upcoming drop, once testing is complete.

goingrey

Uptown Sass is - The Piff S2 X Sawa - for folk who like a combination of Haze / Sour... The Piff S2 came from White Rabbit Farms, You can see her on our IG feed and website. Sawa is one of our flagship strains - Lemon Thai IX by San X [SBSH X Lime BX]. She's just been repopulated for an upcoming drop, once testing is complete.
Nice, great to know it's coming back. Any plans for other releases based on the Piff? I'm thinking along the lines of a bx like you've done with the CBH..

Latest posts

Latest posts