What's new

Humboldt Express

Kenny Lingus

Great to see this Humboldt/Cali Sativa x Trainwreck grown out Zep!

I'm just about to receive some testers of this strain, so I can't wait to hear your reports. Been longing for some TW, Diesel and Cinderella for quite some time now. I guess the HE and my soon to be done Double Super Silver Neville Haze thing called Phoenix 1 is gonna be ok for now though. I'm anxious to see how this wreck really is. I have a hard time finding the really potent ones. This far I've settled at Ice Queen, LUI, Blockhead, Sweet Tooth 3 and a NL#5 and Mazar hybride I got from a fella at TY... Just think there should be more punching stuff out there. (Grape Punch is still not what I hoped for, so I've sprouted Mdanzig's Scissor Stick and some bagseed of a dutch coffeeshop strain; Yellow Sinsimilla)

So what should I get if I need knockout couchlock buds with sweet spices, and a hint of berry and/or fruits in the flavour? Preferably smooth and mellow, but thick bodied smoke. And need I say; 2 weeks flowering time is dearly wanted, but I'll be pleased with anything less than 90days... (Price is also a matter, as I'm not confident enough to mess around with tenners. 30-75 bucks is the range.)
I hear the HOG is quite remarkable. Know anything guys?

PS! Sorry if I went off topic and almost hi-jacked this thread.

Kenny Lingus

HÆH! Is it that quick....8-9weeks??? (Thought it would be a 10-13 weeker) Was afraid they would get enormous if vegged for 3-4 weeks, but I guess they'll be just fine then.
Going to sprout some tomorrow or the day after, but there's only room to let one of them display her blossoms right now.)

G

So what should I get if I need knockout couchlock buds with sweet spices, and a hint of berry and/or fruits in the flavour? Preferably smooth and mellow, but thick bodied smoke. And need I say; 2 weeks flowering time is dearly wanted, but I'll be pleased with anything less than 90days... (Price is also a matter, as I'm not confident enough to mess around with tenners. 30-75 bucks is the range.)

zep, excuse me if I barge in your thread with an OT...I wanted to suggest the Maple Leaf Indica to Kenny Lingus, one of the less expensive Sensi strains, they say flowers in 45 days, I let mine go 52, but its still a short flowering period.

zep, is it possible to see a full plant shot of the Humboldt? :D

Kenny Lingus

@Zep: Dunno where you can get them seeds unless you know some of the Heavens Stairway people or TUKTUKSeeds guys Zep... I just got a pack of testers from them to grow. (The version to be realeased soon in spring I think.)

@xxx: Is the Maple Leaf a good choice then? You see, I read somewhere that it wasn't very potent, and mainly used for stableizing landraced stuff and such... (Could of course have a look at it. (Heard something crazy about some hogsbreath pheno of The HOG. But I have no idea were to get it. But that is more sativa dom too I think.)
Actually I'm doing another run with clone of Ice Queen (No Mercy) now. It tasted so harsh at first, but it just neede a little more cure to become smokeable. That is a very potent strain in deed. The one I have here now is just the pheno I prefer too. It's so nice for my mini sog and grow 60cm tall with a 35cm donkey dick if flowered at 6-9 nodes in a 4 litre pot. (She yeilds about 40-50 grammes and maybe a little more flushing this time will give her a smoother taste too.).

PS! Please gimme suggestions on killer couchlock buds. (Ima try the Sensi Star soon btw. Just from High Quality Seeds though. It's a sister company to Black Label seeds and I beleive it's good stuff in those packs.)

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!! GONNA RUN PARTY NOW. SEE YOU!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
TUK TUK SEEDS HUMBOLDT EXPRESS

TUK TUK SEEDS HUMBOLDT EXPRESS

TOKING HUMBOLDT EXPRESS WITH A VAPORBONG....

Very low odor lacking that "Cali" strain flavor I expected. May have needed to be cured longer, but the high was very nice. I wanted to wait and harvest at day 70, but she finished on me at 60 days. Zero to trim, hints the high calyx to leaf ratio. The taste is more of a fruity hash flavor. Good solid expansion level so look out if you inhale too much. Nice head buzz with no couchlock. Low yield at 1/2 ounce per plant.

==============================================
STRAIN - WATER - PLUG - SOIL - FLOWER - CUT - CURE

HE 1 ----- 9-27 --- 9-29 -- 10-6 --- 10-26 -- male on 11-1

HE 2 ----- 9-27 --- 10-1 -- 10-8 --- 10-28 -- 12-28 harvest

GROWING NOTES

10-6 .... 2 of 10 germination. beans weren't totally dried.
10-11.... nice vigor in both the little ones.
10-13.... lite mix of organic advantage (12-12-6-1%s) first feeding.
10-16.... no problems with first feedings.
10-21.... first neem oil spray.
10-22.... #1 is starting to "spread out" a bit.
10-23.... the 2 are replicas of each other... just a rather large size difference between them.
10-24.... #1 is working node 5 while #2 is on the 3rd node.
10-26.... first day in the flower room for #1 after 30 veg days.
10-28.... first day in the flower room for #2 after 32 veg days.
11-1..... #1 has balls. i'll harvest his pollen for a future project.
11-2..... first bat guano spread.
11-4..... low odor level.
11-7..... #2 is feeling sexy.... we have a female to go with our rather tall male. they be makin' bacon soon.
11-14.... tail of the tape says 33 inches.
11-15.... male humboldt express looks great and has produced. time to mate.
11-16.... sativa dom traits.
11-21.... low key smell.
11-25.... very little maintance. Feed and autogrow strain.
12-28.... after 60 days of flowering and heavy consideration... i have cut and hung her. she's more than ripe today. harvest shots and a smoke report are still to come.
12-29.... a less that average yielder, wet weight is 41 grams.
12-31.... dry weight totals 15 grams. due to lack of product, i will skip the cure phase and post a smoke report.

person*

Not to be a downer or anything , but does that bud just seem to lack density thus the poor yield ? any project in the future to cross this again ?

*person

Latest posts

Latest posts