What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Human/animal hybrids tobe legalized in USA

idiit

Veteran
U.S. Government To Lift Ban On Part-Human, Part-Animal Embryos

by Tyler Durden
Aug 4, 2016 2:32 PM

The federal government announced plans Thursday to lift a moratorium on funding of controversial experiments that use human stem cells to create animal embryos that are partly human.

The National Institutes of Health is proposing a new policy to permit scientists to get federal money to make embryos, known as chimeras, under certain carefully monitored conditions.

The NIH imposed a moratorium on funding these experiments in September because they could raise ethical concerns.

One issue is that scientists might inadvertently create animals that have partly human brains, endowing them with some semblance of human consciousness or human thinking abilities. Another is that they could develop into animals with human sperm and eggs and breed, producing human embryos or fetuses inside animals or hybrid creatures.

But scientists have argued that they could take steps to prevent those outcomes and that the embryos provide invaluable tools for medical research.

For example, scientists hope to use the embryos to create animal models of human diseases, which could lead to new ways to prevent and treat illnesses. Researchers also hope to produce sheep, pigs and cows with human hearts, kidneys, livers, pancreases and possibly other organs that could be used for transplants.

20160804_half.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-04/us-government-lift-ban-part-human-part-animal-embryos

idiit

Veteran
Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy
Maryann Mott
National Geographic News
January 25, 2005

Scientists have begun blurring the line between human and animal by producing chimeras—a hybrid creature that's part human, part animal.

Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans

But creating human-animal chimeras—named after a monster in Greek mythology that had a lion's head, goat's body, and serpent's tail—has raised troubling questions: What new subhuman combination should be produced and for what purpose? At what point would it be considered human? And what rights, if any, should it have?

There are currently no U.S. federal laws that address these issues.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/01/0125_050125_chimeras.html

igrowone

Veteran
i did see a news clip on a local guy arrested for having sex with a goat
guess that changes him from pervert to a cutting edge biology entrepreneur

mr.brunch

Veteran
So, let me get this straight.....

Human X animal = legal

Cannabis X cannabis = illegal

Hmmmm, I've said it before- if an alien could see what we are up to, they would be very fkin confused.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
What happened. Did someone take "The Island Of Doctor Moreau" seriously or decide to pull out Dr Josef Mengel's notes and go for it?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growing pigs with human hearts, livers, or kidneys will save millions of people. It's no less humane than raising pigs for the slaughterhouse. We're already raising them and slaughtering them for meat. This is more important.

They're not going to approve creating pigs with human brains. I wonder why so many fear new technologies that will revolutionize modern medicine and improve longevity and quality of life for countless people.

Betterhaff

Veteran
So, let me get this straight.....

Human X animal = legal

Cannabis X cannabis = illegal

Hmmmm, I've said it before- if an alien could see what we are up to, they would be very fkin confused.
It will probably end up...

GMO Cannabis = legal

Let's hope not.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
dibs on being cannabis man. my super power will be blowing clouds of super dank causing a massive contact high. i will just fly around looking for assholes...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dibs on being cannabis man. my super power will be blowing clouds of super dank causing a massive contact high. i will just fly around looking for assholes...

you need to use that super power against the forces of evil, leo. and if they don't change their ways after 3 chances, then turn them into their bosses for drug use.......

btw you all, I am BATMAN!
check that ~ :dunno:

I am Fatman
:yeahthats

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd be in favor of adding cannabis genes to other plants. It would be fun growing tomatoes or cucumbers that get you high. I'm all for that kind of experimentation as long as actual cannabis is legal and free for anyone to grow.

Mavenca

It's so sad that animals will be used for such testing. Pure consumables, not a living thing.
I hope that this will at least give good postal services in the science development.

Latest posts

Latest posts