What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How To Reveg

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Safe LLP, cheers for your input. TBH until now I've not given a flying one about numbers, but as the stink of the Cheese increases, so does my paranoia.

Think I'm going to use reveg as a backup, allowing me to fret a little less should one or more of my pre-flowering cuttings not want to root. This was always the plan, but a little paranoia never hurt. Ultimately though, half the cuts and flowering plants will be gone within 2 weeks once they show sex.

ok my advice, having not actually read through this thread is;
re-veg as a last alternative, i've done a lovely one on my jackie psd which i selected as my keeper.

but usually i either take a cut and keep it small, keep it bonsai size in a tiny pot. so i have the vegging plants when i want to select my keeper, after the first flowering.

or take a cut when the plant is a way into flower.

but i never even try to limit my numbers though.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone noticed revegging detrimental to the quality of the finished article, once cuts are flowered from a reveg mamma?
McSnap..I have re-vegged different strains about a half dozen times with tremedous sucsess. The plants, once they got going, grew healthy and larger, more vigorous, than in the original grow. The harvest from my reiveg girls was larger than in the original grows. I have always favored re-vegging. The smoke was justs as potent and smell and taste were not affected in any way that I could tell. I am trying to re-veg my Strawberry Kush right now and will post a thread soon if she starts showing new growth and add a link here. PM the MOD for this forum and ask for a sticky. DD.

beejium

re-vegged 2 plants (bag seed) potency never changed here. if anything it was a bigger yield. i did find 2 seeds hiding in a bud. that wont stop me from trying again. it seems to be a great emergency backup.

Last edited:

KaliRush

Does it matter if I alternate the type of light being used?

For instance, since my Kali's are still going, I'm putting the White Russian mother in there during the times that the light is on then moving it outside of the tent and using a fluoro tube for the remaining time.

Will this change in light spectrum and intensity stress the plant at all?

Also is the consensus 20/4?

M

madback

hello all...
after searching this thread I couldn't find any info on, if the beans that come from a reveged plant that turns herme, would that result in herme beans..???

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
This is also great for people that didn't have much cloning or have limited space but want to run a girl again - Thanks for the easy photo tutorial :)

KaliRush

Here's my progress in about 2.5 weeks. Some sort of deficiency is happening so I'm curious if I need to start adding nutes. Maybe Cal-Mag?

attachment.php

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
McSnap..I have re-vegged different strains about a half dozen times with tremedous sucsess. The plants, once they got going, grew healthy and larger, more vigorous, than in the original grow. The harvest from my reiveg girls was larger than in the original grows. I have always favored re-vegging. The smoke was justs as potent and smell and taste were not affected in any way that I could tell. I am trying to re-veg my Strawberry Kush right now and will post a thread soon if she starts showing new growth and add a link here. PM the MOD for this forum and ask for a sticky. DD.

right DD....my reveg plant exploed and get hugh with a lot of branches... looked like some hydor...shanit as an post here were he explains how good re-veg can be for the plant...

her some re-veg mosters

62205PICT0540.JPG
62205PICT0538.JPG
62205PICT0529.JPG
62205PICT05161.JPG
62205PICT0520.JPG

basscadet

This is great info Med420, thanks.

I plan on revegging my first grow, a G13 Gigabud after harvest, still have 2 weeks to go and have a few questions for the more experienced growers.

In the final 2 weeks of flower, do you flush as normal before reveg or change the nute schedule?

Do you still harvest as normal or harvest early?

Thanks in advance, I second the idea of making this a sticky!!

This is great info Med420, thanks.

I plan on revegging my first grow, a G13 Gigabud after harvest, still have 2 weeks to go and have a few questions for the more experienced growers.

In the final 2 weeks of flower, do you flush as normal before reveg or change the nute schedule?

Do you still harvest as normal or harvest early?

Thanks in advance, I second the idea of making this a sticky!!

Good questions!! Same here gonna be my first reveg this grow with my new ebb n flow so I wanna know this too.

-.-

G0d5hand

so when do you know they are ready to flip back into flower. some have five or 7 leaves others have 3 leaves, by leave I mean number of points on each leaf.

conehead

i got one revegging right now that seems to be dying, i haven't trim the roots you think this is the cause?
Make sure you haven't left to much foliage & old bud, remove large old leaf. Take half to 2/3 of root ball of & give the remainder a light combing with a stick or piece of wood to remove any tangled & or circular roots surrounding the girth of the pot. Then add extra soil making sure not to leave air pockets in pot a light pat down with fingers helps. Add some Superthrive or similar root stimulant. It shoul take about 21 days if conditions are warm, then you will get fast growth.

so seems rather simple and straight forward im having to do this because all the clones i took not one of them rooted and i want to save this pheno :) thanx for the info im hoping things are as easy for me as for you :)

minttu

Reveg is totally for the win!

Got a hell of bunch of clones just a while ago, and now getting hell of lot of bud soon :)

Oh and yes, thanks for the post, I did mine as you did and it's better than ever!

conehead

I have also heard of that.
Found this:

From here.

It seems to me that most plants are vigourous enough to recover from this huge amount of stress, but there are some that cannot.

p.s. Great thread!
The root & canopy pruning is very ancient bonsai technique.

Big Bang

Big Bang

This is a clone off a Greenhouse Big Bang I had out in the woods. The mother was pretty beaten up by falling branches and wind. But she was grown from seed and I didn't get a chance to smoke her. So, I'm trying to recover the plant. Ive got the clone in a DWC bucket with Hydroton, and GH veggiemax with a couple of drops of superthrive. :D

Longhair

In Hydo?

In Hydo?

Hello,
Is There A Procedure For Re-Veggn In Hydroponics?
Great Tutorial & Wisedom.

Thank You
Longhair

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I am familiar with re-vegging in 12/12 plants. Though I have always wondered if there would be any benefit in AF's. Personally I don't think it would (I haven't done it myself) but i think it would be interesting to see.