What's new

How to remove crap leftover from tape on your walls

floydfanx6

Hey i recently finishing a run. trying to clean up a old growing room. As i removed the duct tape from the walls,it obviously left some "kaka" on the walls.i want to clean up my walls!,any tips on how to do this?? non toxic,i have a cat that was just very sick,but is much better now,so i dont wanna use any harsh chemicals :_)

Tony Danza

white vinegar.

or one of those orange based cleaners, they'll remove the big red "fuck you for parking here" stickers from your window.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Charcoal lighter fluid works like magic... 'Imperial Cleaner' (same shit) has a permanent place under my sink. WD40 works in a pinch. All this is from experience. I bet the orange stuff does great too, and white vinegar seems to clean anything off of anything...

-s

floydfanx6

vinegar sounds good,,the lighter fluid might not be good for my kitty to breathe in how about like tape thats on wooden floor? i really fucked up my place with this duct tape i hope i can get most of the remnants off :p

stAx

your place gonna stink good with all the vinegar haha. stuff is amazing since it is so darn acidic.

why not grab a brillo pad and some rubbing alchohol, shouldnt take much elbow grease and evaps fast leaving no residue or stink. next time use the foil tape, it peels off alot nicer =)

altho dousing my growroom and house in lighter fluid does appeal to me sometimes..j/k

Mr. Clean magic eraser is literally magic(approx $5).. And if that doesn't work pretty much any Goo Gone cleaner will do it guaranteed. They do have a poison warning, but man that stuff is only poison if you're drinking it. Unfortunately atm I have 7 fucking cats in my house (baby sitting 2) and I've used goo gone without a problem for years.

EDIT: http://www.magicamerican.com/googone/catalog/GooGoneHousehold.aspxIn fact they do have an all natural product, sorry I didn't know this.

JBM

Goo gone can be bought from Home Depot, Lowes any hardware store. I believe they carry Simple green as well.

I've taken gorilla tape goo, weather sealant goo, even caulking.

burnt out og'er
Veteran
vinegar sounds good,,the lighter fluid might not be good for my kitty to breathe in how about like tape thats on wooden floor? i really fucked up my place with this duct tape i hope i can get most of the remnants off :p

Lighter fluid is the chemical VM&P naptha, you can get it at home improvement centers in most states, it will not attack the varnish on your floors or furniture.
Works great as an adhesive remover cleaner, evaporates very quickly. It's used in the furniture business and also in the automotive business as the perfect wax, bug and tar remover.

Oh yea, like the other person said WD-40. My wife used to use this to get kids crayon, tape and other sticky kid goo off of latex painted walls. Works on flat, semi-gloss and gloss paint, but follow it up with a plain soap and water sponge if its a flat finish.

dkmonk

I have sticky adhesive duct tape residue on my car paint, what would be safe to take that off w/o taking off the paint/clear coat?

CottonMouth

regular cooking oil and a dish cloth, you will be suprised how fast and easy it comes off, don't wear your elbow out with those other things.

CM

Tony Danza

Harsher solvents might get you into more trouble on the wooden floor if it has a nice finish on it, you don't want to mar that up.

[edit] apparently lighter fluid is safe for varnish (read the whole thread first doh!)