What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How to get more color at harvest?

Landwolf

Hello, I read on growweedeasy dot com that you can get more colors on your flowers if you give it cool nights and hot days. Does anybody have experience with this?
Thanks

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I used to live in an area that had wide temperature swings in a day, sometimes as much as 60°. This occurred in the fall as buds were ripening. The other thing I would suggest is reducing nitrogen just before flowering starts. This is easily done if feeding liquid fertilizer. If using fertilizer in the soil, just don't use so much nitrogen. Cannabis plants are fairly heavy feeders. Nitrogen will run low by the flowering start. This will reduce overall quantity, but the buds will be less leafy and of better quality. I know people that prefer indoor bud. :crazy::bashhead: I think the HPS lights make buds less leafy. People thought my bud was indoor. Less leafy buds appear more resinous.

This opinion is not popular. I have accidentally done this in the extreme, and the difference can be dramatic. In one instance, a plant's stalk split down the middle. I wrapped it back together to save the plant. The plant nearly died, but it hung on. The buds were tiny, yellow, but resin was more concentrated. That was great weed. There are rumors of farmers impaling their plants to achieve this. I wouldn't do this, and I have doubts about this rumor, but...

IMG_1231sep30 (19).JPG

SAGEbud.jpg

A good long cure will allow the buds to change color. I've had buds turn golden yellow that I had in the freezer for a couple years. I was saving a sample for a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. Not only did the gold bud look very impressive, it was still excellent smoke. Some people don't want to see a good well cured colorful bud. I just don't understand people. LOL

There is a thread out there about cob curing. You might want to check that out.

aCBD

some strains are triggered more easily than others.
when i lived in an area with a hard winter every year, the cold (night) temperatures did the trick to turn colors on some varieties indoors. you just have to be aware of the temperature difference and need to have proper ventilation and air circulation to prevent possible budrot.:watchplant:

CocoNut 420

Most modern hybrids will turn purple to some degree, I like to keep temps optimal but most still colour when maturing.
_20220330_111341.JPG

A few weeks later
_20220425_190617 (1).JPG

This are typical not unusual.
_20221107_135318.JPG

Some weeks later
_20221127_145015.JPG

I think you're sure to see purple growing from seed.

Latest posts

Latest posts