What's new

How much fertilizer, Lucas formula with Dry Kool bloom, before harvest?

Hank64

How much dry Kool bloom should I run with my last shot of fertilizer? Or should I just use Dry Kool Bloom alone?

I have been running the Lucas Formula and using 2.5ml of liquid Kool bloom outdoors in the ground.

We are having amazing weather and I will water 2 or 3 more times.

Next watering I think I will run 4ml of Micro, 8ml of Bloom and 1/4 teaspoon of dry Kool Bloom per gallon.

Should I adjust anything?

The coloring on the large water leafs is she hungry, deficient, or due to age and season? She is about the closest to finishing. That rust color is showing on only 1 plant and all have been fed the same.

Attachments

• 20240929_125637.jpg
    20240929_125637.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240929_132442.jpg
    20240929_132442.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240929_132447.jpg
    20240929_132447.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 8

Hank64

When running Lucas you need no bloom booster. Just decrease the micro and increase the bloom. That changes your npk without buying anything else.

I have always run a 1-2 ratio with the liquid kool bloom in flower. Shit, I put it on my tomato plants, flowers ect and they love it.

But I have never run the dry Kool Bloom. I know I need to be careful with it because it can burn, but everything I am reading as a finishing product, it works well when you use the right amount at the right time just before you finish.

So should I run it with a tuned down Lucas, full strength Lucas, or just by itself for the last kick of fertilizer

Hiddenjems

I’m not sure about dosage in soil, I grow hydro.

But I do know that the pk, mg, and s found in gh flora bloom, and Florapro bloom powder are the same pk, mg, and s that’s in all bloom boosters. Why buy more than 2 product when they already contain what’s in the products you plan on buying?

Hank64

I’m not sure about dosage in soil, I grow hydro.

But I do know that the pk, mg, and s found in gh flora bloom, and Florapro bloom powder are the same pk, mg, and s that’s in all bloom boosters. Why buy more than 2 product when they already contain what’s in the products you plan on buying?
More than 2, because all are derived from different things and will have different uptake rates. Chelations.
General hydro bloom, kool bloom liquid, and dry kool bloom are made differently.

The idea with dry Kool Bloom with the high levels of P-K it shocks the plant at the end to produce a bit more of everything while helping ripening.

Advice from anyone who has run it in soil outdoors please.

Hiddenjems

Monopotassiumphosphate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate don’t need any chelation agents to be available to a plant. Nor do they require the mycorrhiza in the soil for plant uptake.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Just because you have a hammer...

Skip it and enjoy cleaner and more enjoyable flowers. I eventually threw that stuff out.

At 1-2 weeks left you should be plain water only.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

Skip it and enjoy cleaner and more enjoyable flowers. I eventually threw that stuff out.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that

I mean, how many total plants are there?…6 ,10?

with a harvest in two weeks , how much more weight would he get , another ounce per plant?…

with good soil , some years all I did was add a little worm poop tea a few times

but mostly just water water water

15 years growing in this same spot

twice a year I would clean out the henhouse that had 20-30 chickens roosting in there and 6” inches of wheat straw hay on the floor

all that hay and chicken manure got tilled into the garden twice a year for the last 15 years

one chicken produces approximately 1/4 pound of chicken manure a day

multiply that by 30 chickens and that’s a lot of manure

occasionally I would throw in some bat guano , blood meal , and worm poop

with all that being said , I had the option of just plain water all season , if I so chose

In conclusion , I vote water until the end. 🤓🤓🤓

IMG_1868.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2310.jpeg

IMG_3524.jpeg

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

Hiddenjems

I’m definitely not an expert in soil growing. My friends that are organic soil growers tell me that using any salt nutes can harm the fungus and bacteria that enable the plant to uptake organic nutrients.