What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many/what size syringes for 60 grams of Rick Simpson oil?

showme

I'm ready to produce my first batch of Rick Simpson oil for what may be lung cancer and prostate problems. I'm having zero luck finding out how many syringes I need for the 60 gram/ 1 pound batch I'll be making. I know there are various sizes of syringes, but before I order them, I'd like to get an idea of how many I need. Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions. Lee

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm ready to produce my first batch of Rick Simpson oil for what may be lung cancer and prostate problems. I'm having zero luck finding out how many syringes I need for the 60 gram/ 1 pound batch I'll be making. I know there are various sizes of syringes, but before I order them, I'd like to get an idea of how many I need. Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions. Lee
Sorry to hear you have prostate cancer, friend. Get as many as you can afford now and use what don't use now later. Having a few extra will come in handy later on. Keep us posted friend.

showme

Thanks, Creeperpark. I went ahead and ordered a 20 pack of 1ml syringes with caps, so I'll see if that's enough. I'm pretty confident that the oil will take care whatever it is. My wife keeps nagging me to go see the doctor. I told her if I do that, he'll want to start all kinds of tests and that will lead to chemo and radiation treatments, which I will not do. So I'm going to go the hemp oil route with hopes of that clearing out anything that's not supposed to be there. My Mom died of lung cancer when she was 49 after smoking cigarettes all of her adult life. (I tried to get her to stop, and only wish I'd known about RSO back in 1979). Then my older brother got colon cancer, "beat it" with chemo therapy, only to have it resurface in his lung last year. He died on April 1st of last year. My sister-in-law, who was a nurse before she retired, told me it wasn't the cancer that killed Terry, it was the chemo. The nodes of cancer were extremely small, she said, but the chemo made him weaker and weaker. He was almost 75 and died peacefully sitting in his Lazy Boy watching tv one night after she had gone to bed. Anyway, once again, I had bought some RSO for him, but he didn't proceed with it. So, I'm going ahead with a full batch. If it's there I want to kill it. If it's not, at least I'll be assured I'm doing something good for my body. Thanks again, bud. Lee

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1ml is going to be a bit small, but if the potency is there it should work out fine.

Squeezing out the same/measured amount is usually the biggest issue, aside from it being sticky like resin. ;)

Cancer thrives on sugars, hydrogenated oils, synthetic almost everything as far as food additives go, and an acidic body condition. You'll recover much quicker with clean and alkaline foods.

OleReynard

Homie?

showme

I thought they may have been small, but since I wasn't sure, I was afraid to get something too big. I can return the 1ml's when they get here and go ahead and order bigger ones. But the big question that I haven't been able to find any info on is, How much (how many ml's) does 60 grams of this oil contain? I was hoping someone on the forum may have used RSO before and could tell me that. If I knew how many milliliters I'm looking at, it would be simple math. Although I've been a "cannabinizer" for 50 years now, I'm still starting with the protocol that says to start with a 'half grain of rice sized drop' of oil, and work my way up. Since it will be of a strong indica strain, I plan on taking it in the evening to help me sleep, too. I had to retire from the Ironworkers union 14 years ago due to a 35# block falling off a structure we were working on and pile driving my head into my neck and back, then bouncing off my shoulder. It completely messed up my sleeping at night. I've had 24 hour headaches and body aches ever since, which doctors treated with Norco's (10mg hydrocodone/325mg acetaminophen) for 8 years until I discovered Kratom to replace those. For the last 6 years I've used 1/4 tspn of kratom 3 times a day, and when my headaches kick into severe mode, a few hits of good weed will stop the headaches. Weed has been my aspirin for my whole adult life. Even my mother in law, who used to curse pot at every chance, now says it's a miracle drug. She takes some sort of pills that are cannabis based to give her an appetite. She's 88 and was wasting away to nothing in the residential home she lives in, when I suggested to my wife that they should have her start using cannabis to help her gain weight. They did and she gained weight. I found out yesterday though that, apparently, the drug company has quit making them since cannabis is now legal in so many states. Anyway, thanks for all the replies and good suggestions. Lee Butcher

Legalcdn

I have done oil using cannabis science methods. It's cleaner.

I use a revel fondue pot for stable temps.

showme

Ok, I cancelled the 1ml's and ordered 5ml syringes instead.

Legalcdn- I read the page on your link, and it's very interesting and makes some good points. But to say it's faster than Rick Simpsons method is a reach. RxCE is definitely more involved and in depth, and as you say, it probably produces (well, it DOES produce) cleaner and more potent oil. But since I'm doing this for the first time, I'm just going to go with the old system of washing and boiling it down. I'm sure this won't be the last time I make it, so this can be my blueprint for the second batch. I've gathered everything to do it Rick's way, and from what I can see, it will only take a few hours anyway. But thanks very much for the reference. I'm going to get back on there and explore that site.

Nannymouse

I put the 1 ml RSO in a 'pint' bottle of everclear. (If the syringe is warmed up under running hot water for a little, it squeezes out easier) If you can handle a little alcohol, diluting the RSO in it, makes dosing more accurate and easier. If i were using it to fight cancer, i would use a lot more RSO in the everclear, but still, the everclear mix will be easier to dose, even with higher RSO percentage. I just use the cap of the everclear bottle, full of the mix, as my 'dose'. I suppose that if you cannot use alcohols, that maybe using something like coconut oil or even other healthy oils could work for dilution? But the alcohol will be better at preserving, than oils.

Don't the dispensaries use safer ingredients than the original RSO? I think that the original used naptha or something, and it wasn't originally used for internal use? Yes, @Legalcdn , i sure wouldn't go by the original ingredients, if i were making it home-made!

Last edited:

Legalcdn

I done it with everclear. It's good.

Tip: weigh the container (empty) you will use for boiling, then after boil weight it again to get the ML produced from flower. Easier for dosing.

Gray wolf has excellent info as well.

midwestkid

Veteran
i thought i read somewhere that you want atleast 7 or 8 varieties of flower in your RSO for best efficacy? i wonder if thats true or bro science?

Jcue81

You def want the ones with the “slip tip” for RSO. I have a bunch of 10ml ones with the slip tip. I would be happy to send you some free of charge. If you need any cuttings I’d be happy to share snips of anything in my garden. Let me know if I can help.