What's new

how many hours of dark to bud

dagobaker

just how many hours of dark period are necessary to bud
has anyone tried to bud with 14 hours of light and 10 hours of dark?
how about 13 hours of light and 11 hours of dark?
in ne ohio it doesnt get to 12/12 until sept 25th so im wondering when exactly will my greenhouse plants really start to bud??????
its 14 hours of light on august 10th
its 13 hours of light on sept 3rd
and like i said 12 hours of light on sept 25th
my widow takes anywhere from 8 to 10 weeks to finish so im wondering just when i would be harvesting...... some educated help would be nice......how about someone that has grown widow outside/greenhouse around the east coast

trybud

wont work. you'll get leafy, stretched, light weight buds. it's better to give more dark than light if you cant give them 12/12. at 14 hours of dark buds will be smaller but with much more bag appeal than something given 14 hours of light. i might actually give mine 13-14 darks for the last week to make sure and finish them off properly.
this is a pic of light depraved plants. it was before i had a GH and on a rainy day they went into a shed. buds look way better than they actually were...total waste of a spring run...it was about 3 years ago

dagobaker

im trying to figure out when plants start to bud outside
the sativas from bag seed i tried didnt finish last year but the indica did fine except for some mold issues i had to deal with

trybud

for me i can start from mid feb to start of march because (if) temps are favorable. anything not done by around may 10th will start to reveg unless you're manually manipulating the dark cycle.

dagobaker

thats great information....
been wondering just when the reveg would start
i was planning on starting my plants on may 1st (one month old clones that is)
but im wondering in my greenhouse just how tall they will get
will white widow just keep growing as long as they are in veg?
i can go 6 foot tall but not taller.....figuring ill have to top them several times

trybud

stick to strains on the indica side of things if you can only have 6 foot plants. at the end of spring i barely have head room myself when running sativas. and yes if you have a vigorous cut it will grow all summer and probably outgrow the GH. your real problem is when they flower because GH in general cause a little bit of stretch and widow is a stretcher already. off the top of my head i'd figure on letting that widow get to 4-4.5' then manually darken for a bit (you should be in late july by then anyways and after a week or so of this the natural sun cycle will keep them flowering).....LST is your friend when you want to fill in the square footage.

A

astra007

if you long veg, you will notice that around 8 weeks past the seedling stage; or longer, that the plant will show sex. at this point the grower can "force" the plant to go into pre-flower or let it continue to veg.

outdoor you can bag the plant with a large industrial garbage bag for 36 hours and then only allow 12 hours of light for a week. this will force the plant into flowering. just hope for less sunny skies.

see what month has the most sunshine in your area and how much daily light there is. anything after this period should allow you to flower.

dagobaker

im starting with female clones so i m not worried about sexing ......im just wondering just how big the damn things will get and how much bud ill get off them
figuring about 15 gallon containers and about 5 to 6 foot tall and hoping for a really nice harvest :)

trybud

veg your clones inside and place out when they're the size you want to flower. they grow and flower exactly like summer crops except a day or 2 faster and a bit lighter in weight. im in california and i veg somewhere near the end of december up until i put out for spring. i go 24 hr light the whole veg so the drastic change in cycle triggers the flower quicker. Feb 25th or so is safe to be put out and with the rapid flower response you can usually finish indica/indica hybrids by mid to late april. thats how ive done it anyways..any inefficiencies in my methods you guys see?

dagobaker

just wish i lived in ur climate........here in ne ohio the ground is completely frozen and we still have snow on the ground.......fucking hate it

trybud

that graph dont match what i know from experience. it tells me my plants will flower aug 29th but in fact everything i have throws hairs around aug 10th. it says veg can begin april 14th but i always get preflower that early. i like mid may to june 1st to be safe

dagobaker

im going to start putting my clones in the greenhouse the last week of april beginning of may
ill be putting my tomato plants in there after sunday night as the nights are warming up a bit finally

Latest posts

Latest posts