What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How can you visually or physically confirm a plant in your flower tent is seeded and needs to go?

ice minus

Hi all!

Novice grower here!

Not upset in any way because I've been blessed with a bunch of unseeded, successful harvests in my learning so far.. However, tonight, as I am making my way to the bigger buds on my Sweet Island Skunk x Barb Bud (pic here https://www.icmag.com/threads/house-of-the-great-gardener-sweet-island-skunk-x-barb-bud.18132538 ) I came across what looked to be dried up nanners - and lo and behold, I am concerned my last 2 plants in there finishing up beside it have been pollenated as a result

But I dunno what to look for, nor how to confirm without prematurely throwing the plants in the garbage and giving up on them?

A lot of times when buds are finishing up I've thought they could look like seed pods but then upon the finished smoke they definitely were not, just swollen leafs

I already pulled the main plant in question out of the tent just in case, and this is why it's under non-tent lighting in these attached pics

But for the sake of learning and improving my own knowledge - just wondering how YOU would decide the plant is ruined or not

And once again I totally have no problem accepting it here, I am almost positive I know what caused it if it did happen (my blumats malfunctioned and dried the plants out and I got complacent because things were almost on autopilot)

Much appreciated for your knowledge and useful tips, I think this actually is useful for ANY new grower like myself!

Cheers and much love ICMAG! Pics to follow momentarily I have to post them from my phone instead

ice minus

PXL_20240922_044025472.jpg PXL_20240922_044019145.jpg PXL_20240922_044043031.jpg PXL_20240922_044115680.jpg PXL_20240922_044504840.jpg

These are seeded, right?

Asentrouw

Why would you throw them in the garbage? If any, throw the hermie in the garbage.

Just take out the seeds or make hash/extracts from it. They are still psychoactive.

Sometimes a few nanners only give a few seeds.

Depending on how long ago pollination took place, you can simply feel the seeds in the swollen buds. After a while the pods will open up and the brown seeds become visible.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A lot of times the male flower on a female will not have viable pollen. If you pick off the pollen sacks you see and keep a close eye on the plants you may be ok.

Latest posts

Latest posts