What's new

honey cloning

crimsonecho

ok i dont know if its common knowledge to you guys but i just gave this method a try and my success rate was impressive with very full and branched out roots forming.

i’m a very bad cloner under normal conditions i fail to regulate the humidity inside the dome and lose almost all my clones to rot. but this run i took the advice of a fellow grower @xtsho and gave honey a chance and man i’m surprised.

a basic 1/1/3 perlite/vermiculite/coco mix. snip the clones dip in honey stick them in the mix close the dome and just let it breathe for 5-10-15 mins a day. about maybe 70% success rate which is a miracle for me. also not one cutting has rotted. btw i’m sure if you can be a little bit more hands on with the clones 100% wouldnt even be a challenge. as i mentioned terrible cloner here.

if you are having problems with cloning as i did i’d give this method a try definitely. i also used a uv canister filter for a bubble cloner in the past but this is way less hassle with only slightly worse results. not even an issue for me considering those water roots are a bitch to transfer to soil and all the upkeep and sterilization i need. plus the cost of new filter media etc. honey is the clear winner.

this is by far the easiest and most succesful cloning experience i had. thanks @xtsho for mentioning it.

crimsonecho

In case this hasn't been mentioned honey has antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial qualities.
i thought that was clear in my post but yeah i havent said it i guess you are right. i also tried propolis before as a dipping solution and spray but havent gotten the results i had with honey. maybe that solution was too weak or strong who knows but it didnt help with rot at all lol

crimsonecho

bees know whats up brother haha my favorite honey without a doubt. i find flower honey to be too sweet and lacking any real taste other than overwhelming sweetness.
oh and chestnut honey, amazing flavor burns the throat and its not even sweet for the most part, its like dark chocolate more bitter than sweet but thats a delicacy not available daily.

anyway i love honey but not too sweet lol

kordo

spitting on the cut before planting it works too as saliva contains hormones.
Cheapest method :sneaky:

But actually, I usually dont' use anything (aeroponics or soil).

crimsonecho

Honey ships well...... :) i got eucalyptus honey sometimes. I want to try pine honey.... or chestnut
eucalyptus sounds delicious man. if you havent tried the other ones i highly recommend. beautiful flavorful honeys. no way you are gonna be disappointed if you like honey.

good quality chestnut and pine honey should tickle your lungs btw. you should feel the need to cough thats how you’d understand that its the good shit haha

crimsonecho

also now that i think about it pine sap also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties so maybe some of those properties also gets transfered into the honey. either case its a delicious way to clone lol

crimsonecho

spitting on the cut before planting it works too as saliva contains hormones.
Cheapest method :sneaky:

But actually, I usually dont' use anything (aeroponics or soil).
i spit on the plant before i take cuttings and yell root you little bitch! doesnt work so well.

Latest posts

Latest posts