What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
it is like with famous music group.. the doors for example or the beatles. some revival of it. or Elvis.. Elvis has tons of imitators, yet Elvis doesn't need them in his creativity. imitators would be nothing without Elvis. same with pollen chuckers and their using breeder´s work.
Also.. when taking music, particularly of the psychedelic variety. I consider the grateful dead to be the gold standard that all other are to be compared to.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
okay. I should stop to emanate my soul light here. it is not my thread. apologies.

hey @Hombre del mont

seedsman pics for ya

seedsmanCG1.JPG

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So which sativa are you looking forward to the most for this summer @Hombre del mont ?
That's an interesting question.

The Green haze19 A5 had to be up there, in very excited by the thought of doing @Tangwena's Malawi x Mulanje/Ethiopian again and hopefully doing it justice this year.

Blue Sting and the Grand Funk from @MAHA KALA both really excite me, especially the idea of the green pheno of the Grand funk.

To be honest they all excite me.

Oh, I have a local cousin growing some of your Tikal, as well as others.

I wasn't overly impressed with my first attempt at Zamaldelicia and think it was me, rather than the genetics.

The now I think about it, I'm excited by everything. I just love marijuana! And I love growing it.

Tangwena

Veteran
That's an interesting question.

The Green haze19 A5 had to be up there, in very excited by the thought of doing @Tangwena's Malawi x Mulanje/Ethiopian again and hopefully doing it justice this year.

Blue Sting and the Grand Funk from @MAHA KALA both really excite me, especially the idea of the green pheno of the Grand funk.

To be honest they all excite me.

Oh, I have a local cousin growing some of your Tikal, as well as others.

I wasn't overly impressed with my first attempt at Zamaldelicia and think it was me, rather than the genetics.

The now I think about it, I'm excited by everything. I just love marijuana! And I love growing it.
Amen brother its a beautiful life you and other members here have we are all just along for the ride.

revegeta666

I wasn't overly impressed with my first attempt at Zamaldelicia and think it was me, rather than the genetics
I didn't like zamaldelica that much either the one time I grew it. I enjoyed the zamal cross I got from mustafunk a lot more. Cobs came out very nice too. I used up all the seeds though.

Don't we all haha. So many strains, so little time 🤷‍♂️

Eltitoguay

I have only grown 2 feminized Zamaldélicas: excellent flavor, good potency and happy effect...; but I have been disappointed with both due to the enormous fame of this variety among local sativeros, @Hombre del mont (Zamaldélica, Golden Tiger and Destroyer are, perhaps, the most famous): I expected a power that was not only "good" but almost "devastating", and an effect not only happy, but euphoric... I mean, it's not that I got bad results, but rather, let's say, "remarkably-low" ("notable-bajo": 7 out of 10); It's just that I was expecting "excellent high" weed ("sobresaliente-alto": 9 out of 10)... On the contrary, it is curious that of a variety like Green Haze 19 A5 that I seem to remember Dubi classified as "medium potency" and THC between 12 and 15%, the only plant I have grown had the power to stop trains or put satellites into orbit, and surpasses in sensation of potency other varieties from various banks with declared THC of more than 20%... (Aside from that, the quality of its effect, and not just its potency, was also "outstanding.")
The fact that you have obtained results similar to mine from the variety indicates that I was not just lucky with a specific individual or "pheno", but rather that the variety itself is a cannonball of sativa.

Thank you very much for sharing one of yours with me; As long as they turn out just as good this year, we'll see you beyond the International Space Station...
E8_WZf_X0BMmE8u.jpeg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Well, the God of the herb has been very kind to me (again).
Yesterday morning a little package arrived with some more exotic Sativa beans! My collection now includes "Cumbiambera" (Santa Marta Colombian x Santa Marta Gold) x Original Haze S1,
Original Haze (the best) x the Doors and original haze x (silver bubble x U.E.L.P).

All 3 excite me! I'm thinking that I'll probably pop some of the Cumbiambera and also some of the original haze x doors in another month or so, keep them in pots and then put them in the ground once some earlier finishing varieties are done.

A couple of shots of the children as of this morning.
IMG_20240514_114313.jpg

IMG_20240514_114402.jpg

So far, only the maple leaf India have shown sex. If the wind drops enough later in the day, I'll get out there with my loupe (it's many years since I've been able to sex plants with my naked eyes😢).

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I have only grown 2 feminized Zamaldélicas: excellent flavor, good potency and happy effect...; but I have been disappointed with both due to the enormous fame of this variety among local sativeros, @Hombre del mont (Zamaldélica, Golden Tiger and Destroyer are, perhaps, the most famous): I expected a power that was not only "good" but almost "devastating", and an effect not only happy, but euphoric... I mean, it's not that I got bad results, but rather, let's say, "remarkably-low" ("notable-bajo": 7 out of 10); It's just that I was expecting "excellent high" weed ("sobresaliente-alto": 9 out of 10)... On the contrary, it is curious that of a variety like Green Haze 19 A5 that I seem to remember Dubi classified as "medium potency" and THC between 12 and 15%, the only plant I have grown had the power to stop trains or put satellites into orbit, and surpasses in sensation of potency other varieties from various banks with declared THC of more than 20%... (Aside from that, the quality of its effect, and not just its potency, was also "outstanding.")
The fact that you have obtained results similar to mine from the variety indicates that I was not just lucky with a specific individual or "pheno", but rather that the variety itself is a cannonball of sativa.

Thank you very much for sharing one of yours with me; As long as they turn out just as good this year, we'll see you beyond the International Space Station...

My results with my one Zamaldelicia are similar, good, but not devastating. I think that perhaps we have gotten so used to having devastating weed, that "good weed" isn't enough. Saying that though, the spot that I grew it in wasn't the best and the plant never reached its potential.

I didn't realise that the green haze 19 A5 was "so" low in thc. That just goes to show that thc isn't everything, (although I think most of us visiting my garden know this).
I remember smoking some Durban 45 yrs ago which supposedly was around 6 or 7 % , but to this day that has to be one of the best highs I've ever had.

revegeta666

@revegeta666 , what's happening in your garden this year brother?. You mentioned that you were thinking of Mediterranean hash plants.
This year I wanted to try to have a spring grow and an autumn grow instead of the main season one. On one hand it gets so hot here during the summer that I don't find caring for the plants enjoyable at all 🤣 the other reason is to see if I can avoid the months of july-august which are the strongest spidermite months. Because I live in the middle of tomato fields, spidermites are a constant concern. I don't use pesticides, only predatory mites and they work well but they require constant supervision to know when to release them etc, so I get paranoid with that.

So far the spring grow is going well. Growing some CBD plants for my mom and my gf.
IMG_20240513_181428.jpg

IMG_20240513_185426.jpg

My mom has been vaping this CBD weed for a year and she says it's really helping her with her arthritic pains, and she is planning to make topical creams wirh it.

My gf has been having anxiety issues for a few years now, and mixing this weed with regular weed in different ratios seems to help her as well.

So because of this I will be growing some Mediterranean hashplants for my autumn grow as you said. They are supposed to have more balanced THC/CBD chemotypes. She tells me how she misses the effect from the Moroccan hash we used to smoke in the 90s so I want to make some for her. And for me as well of course, I miss it so much.

It's been a long time since I last bought hash because Moroccan farmers switched from using traditional strains to modern hybrids, and although the fruity smell and taste of it is nice, the effect is seriously lacking compared to the "huevos culeros" ("ass eggs" lol) we used to smoke. So looking forward to that as well. I have some Moroccan, Syrian, Sinai, Cretan, Lebanese and sruff like that.

Apologies for the long answer, I'm quite stoned and got carried away lol.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This year I wanted to try to have a spring grow and an autumn grow instead of the main season one. On one hand it gets so hot here during the summer that I don't find caring for the plants enjoyable at all 🤣 the other reason is to see if I can avoid the months of july-august which are the strongest spidermite months. Because I live in the middle of tomato fields, spidermites are a constant concern. I don't use pesticides, only predatory mites and they work well but they require constant supervision to know when to release them etc, so I get paranoid with that.

So far the spring grow is going well. Growing some CBD plants for my mom and my gf.
View attachment 19002501
View attachment 19002502

My mom has been vaping this CBD weed for a year and she says it's really helping her with her arthritic pains, and she is planning to make topical creams wirh it.

My gf has been having anxiety issues for a few years now, and mixing this weed with regular weed in different ratios seems to help her as well.

So because of this I will be growing some Mediterranean hashplants for my autumn grow as you said. They are supposed to have more balanced THC/CBD chemotypes. She tells me how she misses the effect from the Moroccan hash we used to smoke in the 90s so I want to make some for her. And for me as well of course, I miss it so much.

It's been a long time since I last bought hash because Moroccan farmers switched from using traditional strains to modern hybrids, and although the fruity smell and taste of it is nice, the effect is seriously lacking compared to the "huevos culeros" ("ass eggs" lol) we used to smoke. So looking forward to that as well. I have some Moroccan, Syrian, Sinai, Cretan, Lebanese and sruff like that.

Apologies for the long answer, I'm quite stoned and got carried away lol.
No need to apologise brother; great answer.
I remember the "ass eggs" lol. I also remember the Moroccan hash from the 80's that we got in the UK....wonderful stuff. And the Afghani, and the Leb, and the Packi black, oh, don't forget the Red and the Gold seal.
I miss those days 😢.

Will you be adding that special smell that sometimes came with the "ass eggs"?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Cousin Del Monte: In terms of potency, type of psychoactivity, and quality of the type of psychoactivity, what differences and similarities do you find between your Golden Tiger and your Green Haze 19 A5?
Good afternoon cousin.

That's a good question. Both are good and strong. The Golden Tiger produced a tripier smoke than the G19 A5. Sadly I'm unable to do a comparison as the GT is all gone, (other than a few grams of very dark cured cob, which is kept especially for the wife). The G19 A5 is my current "go to" for that full on effect and possibly my favourite. I really need to grow GT again😂, but I've chosen the G19 A5 instead.

Mrs DM prefers the GT, especially the "dark cob cure" for her night time. 200mg of G19 A5 and she can still function (just, lol), but 200mg of the GT and after 4 hrs she's proper spaced out and ready to drift off into a deep sleep.
For me the G19 A5 is more sociable.

Will you do the GT Panama this year? I really wanted to try that, but just haven't got the space. Next year I hope to try her, alongside some of those you've sent me, plus some of Maha's new cross.

Eltitoguay

This year, inside "La Perrera/The Dogs' House", I will have 4 plants: Flash Back 2ed. (Flo x White Widow; S.S.), Nueva Caledonia ("landrace"; A.C.E), Extreme Haze (NL#5-Haze "extreme haze pheno" x Old Timers Haze "green light pheno"; T.S.Co.), and, thanx to you, Green Haze 19 A5 (Green Oldtimers Haze #19 x NL#5-Haze A; A.C.E.).
Come by whenever you want, you're invited and the door is open to you...
IMG_20240508_195848.jpg

"La Perrera" It will be approximately 7 meters long, about 2.25 meters wide, and about 2 meters high:
IMG_20240508_191659.jpg

IMG_20240508_191545.jpg

...and looking from the inside of "La Perrera" to out, the old "Tigre"; napping, but always "with one eye open"; -Right, "Tigre"?-
IMG_20240508_192035.jpg

IMG_20240508_192044.jpg

IMG_20240508_192046.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts