What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Highest Yielding LED lighting

O.G.Monk

That will probably be a post that many newbies will get a better help and understanding on their LED grow light, including my self.

I’ve done a few grows with high yielding breeds like Moby Dick by Dinafem seeds.

I could fit in a square meter grow space a dual bulb reflector connected with an ac to cool down the heat, while I was running a total of 1600w HPS lighting in such a small space.

Growing results were incredible regarding quantity, while preforming lst.

So here is the question for the pros that may enlighten us newbies regarding LED grow lights.

In my case I’m finding it an overkill trynna cool down a grow setup based on so much heat during the summer, still aiming for high yields from my grow. So I’m switching to LED lights.

What’s the most trusted LED in your opinion to achieve the highest yields besides the watts.

Any advice will help as there will be a research on the matter. Any links of products will be appreciated.

I’ll update on this post any research I’ll do regarding all answers and also share detailed experience with the grow lights results, as I’ll try a few side by side.

Cheers!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello Monk. As far as the best LED light there are many lights that will fit that bill today. What I like to do is use a combo of lights during the grow to save energy. Start small and as the plants grow I add more light wattage to the grow room.

Starting with a fluorescent fixture until the plants grow 4 nodes. Then up-potting into one-gallon pots, I add one 140-watt LED. When the plant shows its sex I ditch the males and I add one more 140 watts LED using two LEDs together. Using this method allows the grow to stay cooler longer with less energy. When flowering time arrives I boost the wattage to high.

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When the plants are up-potted into 1-gallon pots I move the plants under one 140-watt LED. After sexing and ditching the males, and up-potting into 3-gallon containers, I added another 140-watt LED. I use this method to allow my garden to run cool without all the heat. This was a Summer indoor grow experiment testing this method. Very nice buds with a low light and low temperatures with low energy costs.

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

Rocket Soul

That will probably be a post that many newbies will get a better help and understanding on their LED grow light, including my self.

I’ve done a few grows with high yielding breeds like Moby Dick by Dinafem seeds.

I could fit in a square meter grow space a dual bulb reflector connected with an ac to cool down the heat, while I was running a total of 1600w HPS lighting in such a small space.

Growing results were incredible regarding quantity, while preforming lst.

So here is the question for the pros that may enlighten us newbies regarding LED grow lights.

In my case I’m finding it an overkill trynna cool down a grow setup based on so much heat during the summer, still aiming for high yields from my grow. So I’m switching to LED lights.

What’s the most trusted LED in your opinion to achieve the highest yields besides the watts.

Any advice will help as there will be a research on the matter. Any links of products will be appreciated.

I’ll update on this post any research I’ll do regarding all answers and also share detailed experience with the grow lights results, as I’ll try a few side by side.

Cheers!
There is less difference between high end leds than you think, when it comes to yield your environment is and ability control it is just as important. The most important thing is to accept that you need to forget a lot you think about growing when switching. One really important thing to get right is that for full on flower intensity the temps should be over 80F, rather than under with HPS. Hard to digest for some which aseant years of hid-ers failing with leds, condemning them as useless.
Brands: HLG has some very nice offerings but your best value light depends on where youre buying from: no use buying a great light that then need to shipp oversea if you need service. In Euro the Lumatek Zeus has a good name. Australia has Growlights Australia which are here on the forum: one of the few lights makers that actually make a product worth importing, though you should try to get your power supply from somewhere more local or at least with an actionable warranty. Their lights are made by growers for growers, superb spectrum and great efficiency, sealed diodes which means you can hose down the light if you wanted, also diodes are well protected if you burn or spray sulfur; sulfur can wreck your diodes.

It may also be that you want to grt the best out of two worlds: run hid at less wattage and leds to mix lighting. Less of a learning curve but then you needs to figure out a custom diy solution with more smaller lights or even strips.

Edit: And if youre a full on tinkerer: imo DIY gives you the best results. Start small and work yourself up towards more and better. Im always down to give advice, ive hung 10000s worth of diodes of home made light with ever better results. The satisfaction of having your own built and designed light is beyond awesome; especially when you see it beat all your previous records.

Last edited:

Porky82

mr.brunch

Veteran
My @Mars Hydro Led is working well…
It’s a 480w bar style one, in 1 sq/m so leaves no shady spots
Was that 600w or 1600w?! For 1600 I’d want a much bigger room…

Latest posts

Latest posts