What's new

high temps and quality

Fan Leaf

just woke up to my room somehow at 90 degrees not sure how long it's been that way but im guessing at least four hours, was wondering how much damage you think can happen from short exposers to high heat terpene and structure wise?

Fan Leaf

Thanks for the reassurance, I got a concussion last night and had a couple seizures that scared the hell out of me, I went and dimmed my light thinking I might be in the hospital for a few days, then got nervous about leaving everything so I decided to stick it out and turned it back up without adjusting the ac with it. Temps haven't been above 80 this whole grow so I'm kind of stressed I did that. For the past few years I've been growing in high heat and it has really f-cked with structure and for this first time I'm getting heavy coffee notes that I would only get in cure before so I'm really excited about this one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the reassurance, I got a concussion last night and had a couple seizures that scared the hell out of me, I went and dimmed my light thinking I might be in the hospital for a few days, then got nervous about leaving everything so I decided to stick it out and turned it back up without adjusting the ac with it. Temps haven't been above 80 this whole grow so I'm kind of stressed I did that. For the past few years I've been growing in high heat and it has really f-cked with structure and for this first time I'm getting heavy coffee notes that I would only get in cure before so I'm really excited about this one!
Damn friend sorry to hear about the seizure. I hope you get better.

CocoNut 420

Hid puts out a fair bit of heat to the canopy but it doesn't appear to affect the flavour, some of the older tokers will have fond memories of hid grown bud.

xtsho

Hid puts out a fair bit of heat to the canopy but it doesn't appear to affect the flavour, some of the older tokers will have fond memories of hid grown bud.

Memories? I'm still using an HID in the flower tent.

I don't know what stage the OP's plants are in but my outdoor plants have been sitting out in the sun for 12 hours a day in a triple digit heatwave.

As long as you don't let them dry out and wilt mid to late flower four hours of 90°F isn't going to do any harm.

xtsho

Take that concussion seriously. Those damn plants aren't worth your life. You could have bleeding in the brain. That can kill you. If you had seizures you don't stick it out over some pot plants. You get your ass down to the hospital and get your head scanned.

I don't get it. You can't plant another seed and grow another life. To hell with the damn plants. Your priorities are in the wrong place.

Get better. I wish you the best.

superx

Veteran
Little bit of topic, apologies op...

Regarding different heat temps emitting from different light sources,

Is it fair to say HPS bulbs give of more heat in comparison to a metal halide bulb?

I was always under the impression MH bulbs give of more heat compared to HPS...

600 watt v 600 watt..

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

During the summer and early fall months, the tents down the basement are consistently exposed to this type of temp/humidity, tent temps are the bottom row:

d9d33bee-d4ea-4f6e-8091-eea9aa0f5093-1_all_4145.jpg

And yet I produce these plants in a less than ideal environment:

d9d33bee-d4ea-4f6e-8091-eea9aa0f5093-1_all_2851.jpg

Cannabis is a very adaptable plant if you work with the same varietal over a long period of time.

Don't freak out over temp or humidity variations, it'll be aweright. :)

superx

Veteran
During the summer and early fall months, the tents down the basement are consistently exposed to this type of temp/humidity, tent temps are the bottom row:

View attachment 19028525

And yet I produce these plants in a less than ideal environment:

View attachment 19028526

Cannabis is a very adaptable plant if you work with the same varietal over a long period of time.

Don't freak out over temp or humidity variations, it'll be aweright. :)
Meaning 83f equates to 28c and 81f equates to 27. C..

I wouldn't panic with those temperatures , I find 26c is the sweet spot for me on several strains...

FletchF.Fletch

420club
High temperatures under LED cause foxtailing and terpene loss. Just swapped out some lights with built-in drivers because they were driving temps into the high 80s-low 90s. Too much heat for quality buds.

Sorry about the concussion and seizures. Take care, don't stress too much, seeds can be replanted.

Tangwena

Veteran
It makes you wonder how everything in nature manages without our help ha ha.
As long as they have water most tropical plants love the heat IMO.
And by heat I'm talking 40c.
Of course if the plants are hash plant types they may not like it too hot having evolved in cooler temps.
My summer grows regularly grow in the 36 to 40c temps I get in my metal roofed house no problem.

Dime

Memories? I'm still using an HID in the flower tent.

I don't know what stage the OP's plants are in but my outdoor plants have been sitting out in the sun for 12 hours a day in a triple digit heatwave.

As long as you don't let them dry out and wilt mid to late flower four hours of 90°F isn't going to do any harm.

Little bit of topic, apologies op...

Regarding different heat temps emitting from different light sources,

Is it fair to say HPS bulbs give of more heat in comparison to a metal halide bulb?

I was always under the impression MH bulbs give of more heat compared to HPS...

600 watt v 600 watt..
Metal halide puts out way more heat.

Fan Leaf

I grew under 3 600s and a 1000 10-15 years ago in a gutted kitchen, it was a lot of fun. Not sure why I asked the question I started growing again a few years back and didn't have everything in line and it was always a mess. First grow in a long time that has me this excited!