What's new

HID vision concerns. how do you handle yours?

whatthe215

Veteran
+1 for method 7s, ive got a pair and they work pretty well.. really nice for looking at the plants and taking camera phone pics without the HPS glow. i'm gonna grab some shade 5 welding wrap around glasses and compare. i still cant look right at my bare bulbs for more than a second (not that i want to, just a benchmark for me.)

B

BasementGrower

becareful guys.. seriously this is serious shit.. my uncle.. who grew from 93 to 2000 . had perfect vision before growing.. with 7 years of growing. he now has some thick ass glasses. and horrible vision.. so.. i just go with the pairs they have at the hydro store.. glasses.. they work great.. look goofy as fuck. but hey u can look goofy in ur room.. or have glasses for ever after working in the rooms.

real ting

I use shade 5 welding goggles. They are cheap and effective. Gonna wear a hat as well.

-~WW~-
Totally agree. Especially if you're growing vert or your space is set up so that you have a direct line of sight to the bulbs, you need something more than sunglasses, they are not enough protection.

The shade 5 welding goggles work great, I got the ones with the big rectangle glass up front and the sides are blocked out. They were under 10 at the welding supply store. You can flip up the glass for close inspections or when you walk out of the bright room into a dark area. But honestly, the best protection is minimizing the time spent in the flower room during lights on. If your prep area is properly sealed so that it doesn't leak light, you can get yourself one of those green LED headbands and just work right after/before lights out whenever possible. More comfortable and you won't burn yourself on hot bare bulbs either, lol.

sgt.meowenstein

I just experianced some snow blindess from some vertical light exposure. I went for an eye exam today and everything was good, It has'nt been more then 24 hours so I'm still waiting for some symptoms to disappear. I'm no longer going into the room with lights on unless I'm wearing my method 7's with some brazing goggles on top. Hoping to do everything in the dark cycle.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I acully dont have a pair of the Method seven glasses. I use the much cheaper Lumi glasss from Hydrofarm. I tried both

N

noyd666

yes just bought the lumi glasses, just in oz, may not be good enough?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
the price is right. can you furnish any more info?

hydrogalaxy has lumii glasses for $15 shipped. i don't know if they're any good, but they sure look goofy as hell.

View Image

I bought some of these, they are great. Cannot comment on future medical benefits, but they do what they say on the tin, it corrects yellow HID light into a far better spectrum for vision. With them on I spotted 5 plants going off colour and hence caught a pH issue early in a friends garden. He will not go in to his garden without them.

They do look goofy as fuck, confirmed, but in a growroom not the beach, they are the nuts.

Polodown

I use mirror reflecting POLARIZED lenses. it really makes all the difference and idont look at a grow room with out them.

literally youll never catch me without them if im in a grow room.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the Lumi there great.. you will not see the yellow in the room anymore. it will look normal:)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I paid 20$ free ship

picture.php

whatthe215

Veteran
gonna grab me a pair of these LUMiis and see how they compare with my Method7s.

Method7s don't seem to be enough with multiple bare 1ks.

window

Veteran
lumii works

lumii works

I have a pair of lumii and they certainly work,worth every penny.

N

noyd666

have been using lumii for 3 days , are real good even over perscrip glasses, even glare from computer. big difference in grw room, tames the glow down good.

catalyte

Veteran
thanks for the info ICMag.

Going to look into these Lumii glasses. Could never justify getting the Method 7's for that price!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Only 2 things you can do really, 1 is using proper glasses, and the other is avoiding looking at the bulbs as much as you possibly can. I guess you could get creative and come up with other ways.

Latest posts

Latest posts