What's new

Here in search of legendary genetics

Mars_Barz

& to become a better grower (it goes without saying).

I have been doing extensive research trying to locate a specific kush strain that was sold in western Canada in the years of 2007 - 2008 (possibly even before that). I understand the genetics may be 'lost' but that still doesn't provide me any closure on this strain. I will search for the identity of this long lost plant until the day that I die.

I believe it might've been tuna kush, but I'm uncertain. The tuna kush was sold in tuna cans and I don't ever recall having smoked the tuna kush. This specific strain I'm in search of was sold in sealed bags, I only acquired half ounces of it. And you were lucky if you could get a halfounce for $120. The folks who sold it to me mentioned that it came from BC. It was only ever referred to as 'kush' in my circles. However, there was a rumour that it was tuna can kush, but certain lowly criminals acquired the tech used to seal cans and were packing them with bunk grass weed/brick weed and selling it for high prices, thus that was why the change was made to sealed bags.

Does anyone here from Canada remember this type of weed? Or have any further information of what it was? The bar for quality weed (for me, anyway) was set well over a decade ago. Every single smoke I've had has failed to live up to the taste, smell, and high of that almighty kush, and smoking has really become more of a chore with how shit the strains are today.

oldmaninbc

& to become a better grower (it goes without saying).

I have been doing extensive research trying to locate a specific kush strain that was sold in western Canada in the years of 2007 - 2008 (possibly even before that). I understand the genetics may be 'lost' but that still doesn't provide me any closure on this strain. I will search for the identity of this long lost plant until the day that I die.

I believe it might've been tuna kush, but I'm uncertain. The tuna kush was sold in tuna cans and I don't ever recall having smoked the tuna kush. This specific strain I'm in search of was sold in sealed bags, I only acquired half ounces of it. And you were lucky if you could get a halfounce for $120. The folks who sold it to me mentioned that it came from BC. It was only ever referred to as 'kush' in my circles. However, there was a rumour that it was tuna can kush, but certain lowly criminals acquired the tech used to seal cans and were packing them with bunk grass weed/brick weed and selling it for high prices, thus that was why the change was made to sealed bags.

Does anyone here from Canada remember this type of weed? Or have any further information of what it was? The bar for quality weed (for me, anyway) was set well over a decade ago. Every single smoke I've had has failed to live up to the taste, smell, and high of that almighty kush, and smoking has really become more of a chore with how shit the strains are today.
hello Marz-Barz, welcome to the ICMAG forums.

I have lived in western canada since the 70s, there was one point in time, that every time I brushed my teeth someone had a kush strain. I kind of ignored much of the kush craze but I bet there is a member here who might be able to offer you some knowledge.