What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hello forum members! I'm Wayne, a passionate indoor growing enthusiast.

Wayne Liang

Hello, fellow plant growing enthusiasts! I have experience growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and more indoors. I am particularly interested in using lights to reduce planting cycles and increase crop yields. Eager to discuss indoor growing, address challenges and explore the wonderful world of sustainable plant growing. Let's grow together!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
For growers like me who can only afford cheap LED grow lights, I use timers and a pair of inexpensive LED lights so that each light runs for one hour and then goes off to cool down. By avoiding the lights being left on for hours, the chances of either light failing due to overheating are greatly reduced. I have operated this system for over a year and have not had any light failures thus far.

Wayne Liang

For growers like me who can only afford cheap LED grow lights, I use timers and a pair of inexpensive LED lights so that each light runs for one hour and then goes off to cool down. By avoiding the lights being left on for hours, the chances of either light failing due to overheating are greatly reduced. I have operated this system for over a year and have not had any light failures thus far.
May I know which grow light are you use?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello and welcome friend. Do you grow in a tent or in the open? What kind of substrate do you use? Keep us posted I'm interested in your work.

jokerman

Premium user
Welcome !
We offer advice in this group on a hit or miss basis.
Make sure you see the calendar of events this month.
This Thursday we have a cake decorating class.
Seats are still available

Rocket Soul

Hello, fellow plant growing enthusiasts! I have experience growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and more indoors. I am particularly interested in using lights to reduce planting cycles and increase crop yields. Eager to discuss indoor growing, address challenges and explore the wonderful world of sustainable plant growing. Let's grow together!
This for weed right? Or veggies?
Reducing plant cycle and increasing yield:
They usually work against eachother. The shorter the cycle the less you get, the longer it takes to mature the more light on the plant, the more yield. Striking a balance is tricky. Theres always going to be something you have to sacrifice, sometimes its your wallet in initial investment.
I build my own leds so have tried a few things but its really hard to encapsulate into one post. Whats your take on improving flowering factors? What have you tried? Happy chat re this :)

nelsonpaul23

Thanks for info

CannaZen

This for weed right? Or veggies?
Reducing plant cycle and increasing yield:
They usually work against eachother. The shorter the cycle the less you get, the longer it takes to mature the more light on the plant, the more yield. Striking a balance is tricky. Theres always going to be something you have to sacrifice, sometimes its your wallet in initial investment.
I build my own leds so have tried a few things but its really hard to encapsulate into one post. Whats your take on improving flowering factors? What have you tried? Happy chat re this :)
All good either way by me both are welcome. I might just eat my plants raw this year it gets burnt otherwise.