What's new

Headband!

wick650

Andre Nicky-
I wish you luck, you got to have patience with any of the chemdog/diesel family of strains they can be picky

What quality did you not like about it then Relic?

Jahbrenz

Whats up Wick and everybody else,

Its Aaron, how's it goin bro? i finally got online so i can post some of the pics of the 707 Headband cut I got a couple of months ago and some other stuff i'm working on right now. Also I will say that the heaband cut that db has IMHO is a super nice cut of OG or something like that, not the same as the 707. I have smoked it from a club in SB numerous times and it is probably the best weed i have ever had the pleasure to toke up myself. It is extremely pungent lemon pine-sol, diesel aroma, similar in smell and look to the Triple OG cut you had wick. Having trouble posting

relic1981

Veteran
well, likke i said it was tastey just not as strong tasting as i would like or associate with the chem fam. its a 70 day strain and since it didnt blow me away i pulled it. nothing horrible about it or anything, very decent strain, its just i have plants in the sat dom catagory that suit me better. pineapple trainwreck anyone?

D

dankbudz

Jahbrenz said:
Also I will say that the heaband cut that db has IMHO is a super nice cut of OG or something like that

i beleive thats the verdict the jury will return with. if it is an OGK cut i just wonder how it ended up on the east coast renamed HB

Brastaman

dankbudz said:
it does look similar. the nuggets on mine dont really get that big.

great looking nuggets!!

what cut is that??

the clone was given to me as og kush.

it doesn't like to clone. a pretty picky eater. its hard to dial her in. BUT she is all lemon fuel dank.
at the time, i thought she was a watered version of the classic og kush nugs i remember smoking in the day.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
question, last month i got some herb labeled headband from a co op in oc(since been raided). the herb they had all came down from humboldt. i thought the headband was excellent. i had just harvested my chem d, which is a verified cut, without question(i say this due to the source) the taste of the headband and my chem d buds was ALMOST identical. there is an undeniable diff in taste and smell, but its as small a diff as could be and still be diff.(if that makes sense lol) i had always assumed the hb would resemble the deisel side of the family a lil more then the chem side. you think the headband was mislabeled or is it supposed to be that close to chem d?

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
intresting brother sub, we are trying to debug this issue as we speak...............

D

dankbudz

brastaman-it sounds it exactly like my cut very hard to clone, hard to dial and very picky. the only thing that separates it is my cut has no smell of lemons what so ever. mine smells like a heavy skunky fuel

Jahbrenz

I do think that the 707 headband I am currently flowering is most likely a relative of the chem family, ECSD cross or something. Anyway so Sub the headband you had from humbolt was probably the 707 hb because you said it looked like your chem d :rasta: I am having trouble posting pics from my gallery, but if you check it out you will notice the similarity between your chem d cut and my 707 headband.

Brastaman

true been at least a year since ive had that stuff around.

here's a veg pic.

dankbudz said:
brastaman-it sounds it exactly like my cut very hard to clone, hard to dial and very picky. the only thing that separates it is my cut has no smell of lemons what so ever. mine smells like a heavy skunky fuel

lazyperson

dankbudz said:
I believe that is the best smoking cut, you are very fortunate to have it. Sorry to those who will disagree with me but I find that when properly grown, FLUSHED, and cured the fuel smell is simply one of the most erotic and intoxicating smoking experiences. There are some excellent 'lemony' cuts as well. Equally good, and perhaps preferable to some, but they don't excite me as much. Keep spreading the love.

Jahbrenz

Hey All,

Here's some pics of my 707 headband around week 9 of flower. Notice the similarities of the headband to ECSD and the chem family strains. I will do a smoke report as it is just about dry after a 73 day flower cycle on her. I will say that she smells similar to the orgnkid sour kush that wick had a while back, but def not the same because that sour kush was less sour d leaning than the HB. Does anyone know if the 707 headband is an ecsd X OgK Bx1 cross or something like that? So far though the strain has a very strong kush/diesel aroma, yields well above average and shows a lot of vigor. Here we go:

had to tie it down because of the stretch, massive! :rasta:

sorry for the low quality pics :violin: but hopefully this gives an idea of the 707 HB

Last edited:

SFC

The OD is an awesome cut. I have had the pleasure of growing it outdoors as well, she really gets fat under the sun.
sept1008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SFC

For the record I agree with Lazyperson as well. If it don't smell like #2 Diesel, you do not have the OD/headband/underdawg. Rub the stalk with your fingers, then smell it. No mistaking it.

jiggasouza

Question, so the Original D is the same as the Chem 91? Because I should be getting the Original D any time now. I'm damn excited!!!

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
I have a cut labeled diesel . It has been around portland OR area for at least 5 years that I know of , probably much longer . The smell and taste is straight diesel not lemony at all . Grows just like ECSD but is completely ripe around 9 weeks , some take it even sooner . Can be a decent yielder if you get it huge . Buds are not very dense . It is one my favorite smokes and just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone here . Would love to know which cut I have . I will try to get a few pics soon .

ElGato

Veteran
Question, so the Original D is the same as the Chem 91? Because I should be getting the Original D any time now. I'm damn excited!!!

the cut making the rounds most often called Original Diesel is the shroomy420 cut (this is the cut used by rezdog to make the diesel#1 x kush beans)
it's not chem91 and not the real "underdawg" but it is an excellent smoke
with a great mouth coating dieselly sweet funk kinda thing

similar to sourD but better yeilds and longer lasting high

got some of the HB that dankbuds has and i'll be harvesting it tomorrow so i'll be sure to get back with a smoke report soon enough
DB if you see this get up wit me bro

mj

Last edited:

jiggasouza

So thats a no? Because i have no clue about the different cuts going around but i got mine from Maui, and it supposedly came from NY. The guy who should be passing me the strain knows a lot of people and made some calls which he then told me about it comming from NY. He also said it is from the batch of seeds found in the chem, which there were 12. These where from the 91' GD concert. This is one of those seeds crossed to the sensi mass super skunk(i think thats what he said) which was made to be called Diesel. Anybody know?????

Last edited: