What's new

Hawaiian Snow phenotypes

Spaventa

Veteran
I see on EUSeedfinder that original, regular seeds GHS HS has two phenotypes but no info to distinguish one from the other. Does anyone know from experience what the differences there are between them? Is it terpene profile? I only know the flower time is the same.
I’m not super excited about onion smelling weed, even if Arjan and Franco spun it as “Beautiful caramelised onion aroma”, so I’m hoping one pheno is less onion, maybe more something better?! Fruit?, spice? Assholes? joking but I really not into onion terps.
Theres a NH pheno with it and I was disgusted by it frankly.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I see on EUSeedfinder that original, regular seeds GHS HS has two phenotypes but no info to distinguish one from the other. Does anyone know from experience what the differences there are between them? Is it terpene profile? I only know the flower time is the same.
I’m not super excited about onion smelling weed, even if Arjan and Franco spun it as “Beautiful caramelised onion aroma”, so I’m hoping one pheno is less onion, maybe more something better?! Fruit?, spice? Assholes? joking but I really not into onion terps.
Theres a NH pheno with it and I was disgusted by it frankly.
I don't know the difference but when you find out let us know. Post some photos if it's safe. I haven't ever smoked caramelized onion weed. I love to eat raw onions. Right now is onion Season and they are everywhere. Good luck friend.

Spaventa

Veteran
The plot thickens…
Read a LOT of sketchy posts about the lineage of HS and it’s murky to say the least. I smell bullshit in every account of what happened with this strain name.
First I learn that Hawaiian anything is really bullshit because Hawaii has no landrace cannabis that ever grew there naturally and the famous weed grown there was variously se Asian, Jamaican, Afghani. South American strains didn’t do well in the humidity.
Then when I look up HS I find old info in numerous places saying that it’s “Hawaiian Haze x O Haze x Neville’s Haze”, that’s its 14-16 weeks, tastes fruity and floral and incense.

Then I see those two retards Arjan and Franco saying it’s “Hawaiian x Laos” and that is 10-11 weeks and smells of caramelised onion!

I suspect and hope this Laos and onions bullshit applies to the later fem HS? I f’kin hope so!

Mimpi Manis

The plot thickens…
Read a LOT of sketchy posts about the lineage of HS and it’s murky to say the least. I smell bullshit in every account of what happened with this strain name.
First I learn that Hawaiian anything is really bullshit because Hawaii has no landrace cannabis that ever grew there naturally and the famous weed grown there was variously se Asian, Jamaican, Afghani. South American strains didn’t do well in the humidity.
Then when I look up HS I find old info in numerous places saying that it’s “Hawaiian Haze x O Haze x Neville’s Haze”, that’s its 14-16 weeks, tastes fruity and floral and incense.

Then I see those two retards Arjan and Franco saying it’s “Hawaiian x Laos” and that is 10-11 weeks and smells of caramelised onion!

I suspect and hope this Laos and onions bullshit applies to the later fem HS? I f’kin hope so!
Quote: "Then I see those two retards Arjan and Franco saying it’s “Hawaiian x Laos” and that is 10-11 weeks and smells of caramelised onion!"

You know this is bullshit because...?

Spaventa

Veteran
Quote: "Then I see those two retards Arjan and Franco saying it’s “Hawaiian x Laos” and that is 10-11 weeks and smells of caramelised onion!"

You know this is bullshit because...?
Because for years Hawaiian Snow, while it was highly acclaimed, had a completely different description, lineage and back story. The cup winning strain isn’t a 10 weeker that smells of onion. Not by any grow or smoke report I’ve read.
As I said, it was described as a 14+ weeker made of Hawaiian, OH and NH that has floral and incense terps. That sounds a lot less like bullshit to me.
Even if Arjan strain hunting in Laos and selecting plants that breed onion terps is the case, even calling it HS is bullshit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts