What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

hash pressing

Priest

How does everyone get that nice melty black/brown hash pressed? rolling with your hands or press it with a machine? I have made 20 grams of ice-olator and i want to press it and i see all those nice pictures of good hash.

The strain is power plant and its Fuc.... strong :joint:

Is there a topic about how to exactly press it?

Priest

sugabear_II

Veteran
or you can use a $20 clay extruder from your local craft store as described in this thread

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

to make hash pucks like this from your bubble

edit but I see you are asking how do I make the melty hash and I would have to say that is something best made from fresh trim as opposed to dry. you should be able to work some with heat of your hand and if it is high enough quality it will form a black hash.

Last edited:

Priest

The quality of the ice is good, but sometimes its hard to press it toghether with my hands.. So if i heat it up with a lighter for example and the press it together with my hands that will do the trick?

I love good hashieshh, but its art to make it...

Priest

TokeD

heat it lightly as i said... you can press it into keif pucks but if you want a dark soft hash you want to heat it lightly.

sugabear_II

Veteran
Priest said:
The quality of the ice is good, but sometimes its hard to press it toghether with my hands.. So if i heat it up with a lighter for example and the press it together with my hands that will do the trick?

I love good hashieshh, but its art to make it...

Priest

Priest - if you let the ice hash get really dry it's pretty hard to press just by hand - I've worked it before with a lighter and/or heat of my hand to form hash and it can be done, but it is kinda a pain in the end. The clay extruder I showed above definetly is the easiest way to press the hash into something easier for storage.

That said I did a run last night of some trim in the bags and pulled this from the 74m bag

This morning I was able to work it into a nice tan soft pliable piece - but normally I might have let it dry another day and mixed it with the other grades and pressed it up in a puck. But this was a small run and I'm going to smoke this right now :bongsmi:

madcat

Pressing

Pressing

My method,

Dry completely on a plate
Break up clumps / seive dry material
Weigh desired mount amount 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and put into a zip locks
Add a few drops of water to material in bag and fold in
Get all the material consolodated into a corner of the bag forming a rectangle
Microwave for 10 - 15 Seconds - Check every 5 seconds until you get it dialed in
Press chunk together in bag
Pull out and finish pressing by hand / on plate
Dry completely again before sealing up or it can mold on you

Last edited:

kovenant

great post. i've been wanting to know what methods people are using that work well. i looked up excluders online and found a few - thought i'd post the links here for others wondering.

here is a cheapy - not sure the quality of this guy. Blue Heron Clay Extruder Gun as well as the Kemper Klay Gun Extruder

there are also two 'gun' extruders here in the $45-55 dollar range as well... not sure if they would work as well... they are 2" extruders. 2" gun extruders

i also am including the link to the extruder mentioned above - the Makin's Professional Ultimate Extruder at Michael's Arts & Crafts Store

anyone tried or used any of the others?

im also interested in hearing other peoples pressing methods (without extruders) as i will want to utilize the rest of my girls once they produce. thnx!

Relapse

I have the makin's one and it performs. Gotta be carefull with the aluminum one as you can break the handle with too much pressure.