What's new

Has anyone tried replicating GH Flora Series?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hoping to get this info if someone has already done it. Saw it was done for AN 2 part system.

Basic is 3 part system with Grow, Bloom and Micro. They also have root enhancer, florablend, diamond nectar, floraliciuos, flora nectar. Those look like humic, molasses, sugar, and other basic items.

If i get no feedback, will start with basic 3 and try to get something cheap like Jacks to work.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Basic is 3 part system with Grow, Bloom, and Micro will work fine. That's all that I've used for years with no additives. Buying all the extra stuff is a waste of money for me. You can look at my media and check out how using the 3 part works without any extra stuff. Plus I only use 1/3 the manufacturer recommendations.

Loc Dog

Veteran
What do you mean with replicating?

Found some old analysis

Saw some that replicated AN using jacks 321 and other stuff saying they made for pennies since not shipping water. If I did not have to worry about anything I spend, would be glad buying, except hate their customer service, which is non existent. Always get salesperson response. Like the charts to adjust for every week of grow and flower.

goingrey

Saw some that replicated AN using jacks 321 and other stuff saying they made for pennies since not shipping water. If I did not have to worry about anything I spend, would be glad buying, except hate their customer service, which is non existent. Always get salesperson response. Like the charts to adjust for every week of grow and flower.
Ok I see replicating by combining other fertilizers not individual salts.

Interesting idea. Sorry can't help.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Ok I see replicating by combining other fertilizers not individual salts.

Interesting idea. Sorry can't help.
Just looking to save money since no income. Saw someone saying they made equivalent of AN products for less than a dollar. Do not care if dry fertilizer or components as long as can replicate GH as close as possible. I love their charts that vary input based on which week of grow or flower. I suck at reading plants which is an art, and would rather follow charts and watchout for minor problems rather than guess and ruin months worth of work. First thing I am going to need is glasses to read fine print.

Terppalooza

https://npk-calculator.de/ I made a website, to help calculate, a given nutrient lines values in mg/l. and then you can use thoese values to mix the same feeding with cheeper fertalizer, like jacks or yara. the website is kindof shitty at this stage, but it works lol. im growing my weed with the same principle

Last edited:

plutiot

yeah i use GH trio, , easy, cheap, available, and i always take way less than recommended, since i use maby 2 liters of water, to about 1 mg of each bottle on a watering... even if. but makes me think of what i could do with good organic soil or a perfect nutrient sceduale, i also add the last drop of beer from empty cans to my watering bottle, (probably stupid) sometimes, tried watering with soda water after i add the nute mix, dont know if it helps or not, but the plants sure looked perky after one treatment (do not take my word for that it works, im honestly not even ph'ing my water now since my cheap ph pen didnt survive storage), turns out we got pretty decent water i guess, maby i get some problems now that the springtime is here, lets see

Drop That Sound

Jacks can be treated more like a 3 part line now. They got a new 0 nitrogen part A hydro formula, that you could use to make the "bloom" version of a stock concentrate with. Then use the regular old Part A for the veg/grow, in a separate bottle. Or mix between the 2 using different ratios, giving you more control like GH trio does.
You would have 3 bottles, Part A grow, Part A bloom, and the Part B\calnit.

Tynehead Tom

i messed around for the past year trying to duplicate my usual general hydro flora mix. I don't use the grow bottle..... I only use the flora micro and flora bloom in the Lucas formula ration which is 8ml micro/16bloom straight from beginning to end. Other than the first few weeks of veg when the start at 5ml micro/10ml bloom.
I keep epsom salts and gypsum on hand in case of mg, sulphur, calcium issues.
I also have the GH liquid and powdered koolbloom but don't always use it. Mostly if I see a need developing in mid flower or the final push.
otherwise I stick to that Lucas formula religiously. I do hear that it can be duplicated using ratios of Jacks and calnit but I have not gone down that road. I'm in a small town with very few options and have to order my GH nutes from out of town now. Just got 10liter jugs of Bloom and hardwater Micro so that should last me most of the year I'm thinkin.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yeah i use GH trio, , easy, cheap, available, and i always take way less than recommended, since i use maby 2 liters of water, to about 1 mg of each bottle on a watering... even if. but makes me think of what i could do with good organic soil or a perfect nutrient sceduale, i also add the last drop of beer from empty cans to my watering bottle, (probably stupid) sometimes, tried watering with soda water after i add the nute mix, dont know if it helps or not, but the plants sure looked perky after one treatment (do not take my word for that it works, im honestly not even ph'ing my water now since my cheap ph pen didnt survive storage), turns out we got pretty decent water i guess, maby i get some problems now that the springtime is here, lets see
1st time doing hydro, 3 diff plants, using the gh 3bottles- one plant a runtz muffin, is a fukin monster.. drinking about 1 gallon of water a day- my water ph around 6.5, i add the nutes the ph goes down to around 6.10, and the plant seems to luv it - ec stays around 1.2-1.4 (500scale) - i'm bumping the ec up as i am in the 2nd week of 12/12

my headbanger drinks maybe a quart of water a day- the ph i start in the high 5's up to around 6, always seems to fall , and the ec is 0.8-1.0 - trying to raise it - after a day or two the ph goes down into the 5.25/5.4 level, ec level stays pretty constant...

my 3rd plant is some bag seed- it drinks maybe 2 quarts a day- big and bushy- the ph stays constant around 6.10, and the ec 1.6-1.8, which trying to raise...

i bought a tripett ph meter and the bluelab truncomv2 truncheon - both seem to work well...