What's new

Gummies!

FletchF.Fletch

420club
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

"Fruit Cake" flavor for the Holidays!!

Maple_Flail

so I did a thing, and they didn't really turn out proper.. I've got a thin layer of solidified butter on the top of my set gummies... GRRRRR

I have a feeling I rushed the mixing a bit much before I let them set, or it didn't get hot enough or got too hot and the oils separated a little.. Not sure..

maybe I need more Lecithin... Gunna re melt them and see if i can get them molded properly.

FJ2000

I use a very similar recipe
1oz plain
6 Oz flavor
1/2c oil
1/4c water
Critic acid
Couple drops potassium sorbate as a mold inhibitor
Couple drops of antioxidant BHA
Sunflower lecithin as an emulsifier.. I feel this stuff helps hold it all together when it’s warm..
I store my stuff in the fridge but can definitely grab a bag full and road-trip a few days without worrying that everything will go to shit if I don’t cool it.
There’s a few preservations but I don’t feel it’s a big deal. I’m not eating bags and bags of these things.
And get yourself the 1/2 cup silicon ice cube molds and pour your infused oil in those cool and individually wrap, makes it so easy to just pop a cube in. I use to have the big cake and break pieces off to measure.. total hassle…

Last edited:

Vandenberg

EAT MORE SHATTER!
I've been sourcing very clean lab tested shatters for making medicinal grade gummies on the relative cheap.
800 odd milligrams of THC with a 3-4% CBD content works great for the good ol' quick and easy cannabis source for your edibles. Eight 100 milligram batches or about 100 to 300 dollars worth from your buddies taking care of you down at "The Dispensary" with those pre made, oh so very tasty yumyums.
I find myself in Cali occasionally and Shatter @ 10 dollarish a gram, is the getem in the door shatter deal that is easy to stumble into these days in legal states. The more you buy...it can get cheaper. The California 36% or so in taxes on the purchase is the craziest part of legal market.

I decarboxylate shatter uncovered in the oven with it placed in your basic, typical, silicone round stash container.
I then cool in the freezer to make It very easy to remove once brittle again by squeezing gently into a wee bit of oil that will be infused into gummies with an emulsifier.

I've infused 195 proof everclear with decarboxylated shatter and then made Jello shot style/flavored gummies, ( an after five somewhere style, definitely fine tune-yah type of party treat.)

This is a great way to experience your first edible overdose and get that out of the way.
( It's okay, you won't die, now you'll know better. What!, nobody told you. Whoops. ;-)

Most seasoned edibles consumers probably have a story that reads as follows: I ate the gummy and nothing happened so about an hour later I took more and then it all kicked in and uh….I need you to come pick me up.

Edibles can easily take about an hour and a half or more to kick in so patience is key. If you don’t feel anything after an hour, just kick back and wait. Your metabolism may be slower or perhaps you still had a full stomach when you ate the edible. Either way, when eating edibles, your best bet is to just start with a small dose or the typical amount you take, and then just be patient and wait. Note that the cannabis experience and effect different cannabinoids have on differs from person to person.

Another thing to keep in mind when making cannabis gummies is safety. To an unsuspecting child they’ll look and taste more or less just like regular gummy bears. To avoid a trip to the emergency room and a call from Child Protective Services, make sure to keep your weed gummies safely sealed and stashed away from any little ones in the house. :)

So compared to smoking and vaping, the decarboxylation process for edibles is done at a lower temperature for a longer period of time to keep cannabinoids and terpenes intact when infused.
Terpenes are volatile and will evaporate at high temperatures, potentially leaving undesirable flavors and aromas behind.
Heating cannabis in an oven above 300ºF will burn off valuable cannabinoids and terpenes, and the flower will not get you high when infused with butter, oil, or anything else.

Decarboxylation temperature chart​

According to a 2016 study, this chart shows how quickly THCA breaks down into THC, and CBDA into CBD, at different temperatures.

Acid/CannabinoidTemperature (ºF)Temperature (ºC)Time (in minutes)
THCA/THC230ºF110ºC30
265ºF130ºC9
CBDA/CBD230ºF110ºC45
265ºF130ºC20

I like my cannabis cooked just like my Barbeque, " Low and Slow".

Vandenberg :)

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

Don't get too hung up on that study, it is accurate but it lacks a dimension.

there is a THCa : THC interaction in edibles and to tweak this is Time or temp on decarb.

In my experience, most people prefer ratios with less THCa unless they needed a bedtime knockout.

personally a short decarb for me is kind of ideal. 297*F is my temp
found better control over the THCa remaining. I look to bring the remaining THCa down to about 20%
CBN and delta8 breakdown products are welcome but their breakdown takes significantly longer at higher temps so that conversion is mostly negligible.

I also decarb covered. consistent atmosphere equals consistent results.

Reactions: Gry

LostTribe

Premium user
I wonder about dosing for gummies. I want to try this! @gmo those look perfect! Starting with hash I am guessing I would combine with coconut oil and cook to decarb. How long and what temp? I there a max temp or how do you guys avoid damaging the thc? I've made butter that was super strong but its been a couple years. Figured I would use the lesser hash for edibles since I dont smoke it and its a bit to harsh to run in the press for carts.

I want my own sour gummies!

Cheers!
LT

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I wonder about dosing for gummies. I want to try this! @gmo those look perfect! Starting with hash I am guessing I would combine with coconut oil and cook to decarb. How long and what temp? I there a max temp or how do you guys avoid damaging the thc? I've made butter that was super strong but its been a couple years. Figured I would use the lesser hash for edibles since I dont smoke it and its a bit to harsh to run in the press for carts.

I want my own sour gummies!

Cheers!
LT
Temperature wise avoid anything above 160C (320F) to avoid evaporating your THC

FletchF.Fletch

420club
View attachment 18844329

Yesterday.

View attachment 18844330

Today.

Pot full of Pot. Add Oil, heat on low (turning the heat source off every few minutes once things have heated up) for 45-60 minutes while stirring to work in the oil and break up the Herb, and be careful to warm without really cooking. Then add enough water to cover without being too close to the top and boil for 60 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit for 24 hours. Strain through cheesecloth, refrigerate to separate Oil from water, and you have got It.

I used to boil first then add Oil. This is stronger.

Sure thing @Tincandtoke , happy to share the recipe.
Here is how the Oil is made.