What's new

GSC x Lem Chem Outdoor

Momerath

Howdy y'all! :tiphat:

I am very excited to have been selected to test the Girl Scout Cookies (Forum Cut) x Lem Chem from CSG.

The GSC as many of you know is the bomb, and one of my all time faves for its flavor and phenomenal extract it produces. I have never tried the Lem Chem but after checking out a few grow logs on here I am super excited.

Here is a quick rundown on my plans for this grow...

I live in a tropical climate around 20*N lattitude, so it is always warm, sunny, and 12/12 light cycle. These babies will be vegged by bringing them outside during the day, and at night will be put under a bank of T5's.
As I am about 4 weeks out from my current harvest, these babies will be getting quite an extended veg time (approximately 11-12 weeks from germination until they go to 12/12) so I will hopefully have some beastly girls by then.

They will be grown 100% organically using a plethora of soil amendments, in my own soil blend:
2 parts coco coir
2 parts organic compost
2 parts organic potting mix (Black Gold natural and organic)
1 part EWC

I am a bit nervous about potential for mold as these will probably be very dense buds, but they will be blooming during the height of the dry season here (jan-feb) so I figure that's the best I can do until I get my bloom room set up.

They just went into the paper towel so hopefully in a couple days we will have some action :)

Take care

Momerath

Update!

Within 36 hours 10 out of 11 seeds had cracked with a nice healthy taproot. They were all potted up and within another 24 hours 7 of 10 have broken the surface. Stellar germination rate on these, and probably some of the fastest I have ever had.

I am very excited for what these babies have in store :)

More updates and photos coming soon (when things start getting interesting)

Momerath

Howdy folks. Sorry for the long absence, sometimes life gets hectic and then your computer quits working. Ahem, anyway, I am back now with an update (hint: things have gotten interesting)

All 11 seeds ended up germinating and were potted up. 9 out of 11 broke the soil. Dug the other two up, one had wrapped its taproot around itself and died, and the other seed could not be found at all. I wasn't too disappointed.

They all grew fairly uniformly, albeit a bit slower than I am used to. One was a standout that grew twice as fast as the others, with a good structure. These types are usually male, and sure enough he was the first to show sex.

Had a bit of a root zone heat problem and ended up losing the 2 smallest plants. I hate losing plants but at the same time this is natural selection, they obviously couldn't hang with the rest, so they went.

They are about 6 weeks old now. Got potted up into 5 gallon geopots about 10 days ago. They were a bit stunted from the heat stress (except #7 the tall male) so they aren't quite as big as I would like by this point, but they are making a wonderful recovery and should be good to go in about 6 weeks when garden space opens up.

I would also like to say that all but #2 have shown sex, and ALL are female except for #7. 5 out of 7 is pretty darn good in my book, I was going to be happy with 4 but last night #6 popped 2 tiny pistils.

I know you guys like pics so here we go :)

Group Shot (R to L: Top row #1, #2, #3, Bottom row #4, #5, #6, #7 in the middle)
picture.php

Number 1 - My personal favorite. Tallest of the girls @ 18", great structure, and stinks like OG and Chem, straight sour funk
picture.php

Number 2 - The runt. This has been the smallest plant from the start, but there is something special about it that I can't quite put my finger on, so I am keeping it. Kind of hoping it's a male because it is the only one of this phenotype I have seen. I love the serrations on the leaves, and the alternating nodes so young.
picture.php

picture.php

Momerath

Number 3 - Very similar to #1. Slightly shorter and bushier, about 14". Smell is sweet/sour kind of like chem and chocolate, but faint so far. My second favorite, she is just so hardy.
picture.php

Check out the lateral growth, she's gonna be a bushy babe
picture.php

Number 4 - A different phenotype than #1 and #3. Tall but not very branchy. Smell is mildly sweet, seems more cookies than anything. Really huge leaves.
picture.php

Number 5 - Similar pheno to #4. Slightly smaller. Also cookies-ish smelling. Nothing terribly special or outstanding about her at the moment. Time will tell.
picture.php

Number 6 - Seems to be similar phenotype to #2, but still visually different. Smallest of the females. Sweet smell. We will see about her.
picture.php

Momerath

Number 7 - The Male. I love this guy. In the pic he looks small comparatively, but if he had been potted up at the same time, it would be obvious. He was constantly twice the size of the next largest plant from the start, and was the first to show sex. He is going to be the pollen donor for these ladies. Nice structure and good chemmy smell. Hoping he will add some size to the next generation.
picture.php

That is it for now. I am very excited for what is to come and will keep you guys updated on a regular basis now that I am back online.

Take Care :tiphat:

Momerath

Hey there guys, I'm back with another update. Its been a while since I last posted, life gets busy. But so do the plants! So here we go...

First a little catch up. Number 2, the freaky looking sativa pheno, turned out to be a boy. I decided to keep him along with the other, more indica leaning male to make f2's with. The sativa boy is just...funky. Tall and lanky and with the most pronounced serrations I think I have ever seen on a plant. He's just too cool to get rid of.

Next, Number 4 almost went to the great grow room in the sky. I come home one day to find her totally wilted, while all the others are fine. So I bring her inside and nurse her back to health. I misted her because it was obvious she was not pulling up water. When I came back the next day and she wasn't dead, I misted again. I kept this going until finally her leaves (the ones which were still alive anyway) started perking back up and she as slowly re-introduced to sunlight after about 1 1/2 weeks. So good news is she survived, but lost all her growth momentum and is quite a bit less developed than the rest.

So now they have all been potted up into their 10 gallon airpots and put in their final place in the garden. I also finally got to install my Tropf-Blumat watering system. For those that don't know what that is, I will get back to it in a minute...

They have now been blooming outdoors for 7 days and are rocking and rolling. Really starting to fill out their cages and making me happier every day. They always seem so small when I put them out, and then after 1 week I remember why I put them out at that size.

Number 1
This plant has been the largest from the start, and is certainly showing no signs of slowing down. Tons of branches, great internode spacing, and the stinkiest of them all so far. Smells like og and chem, no hint of lemons or cookies yet. Just fuel-y rotten funk. Love it.

Here is a full body shot. The cage is 5' tall, so the plant from soil to tip is roughly 4'. The cages are 3' wide, so as you can see she is nearly as round as she is tall. That is usually my goal :dance013:
picture.php

A closer look
picture.php

This one is tied for my favorite so far. Anxious to see what she has in store for me.

Number 3
Nearly a twin to Number 1, but shorter and stockier. Hasn't had quite the stretch as any of the others, but is probably the branchiest of them all. Very tight inter node spacing and looks like she will be a solid yielder. Also no real smell to speak of yet.

Body shot
picture.php

As you can see she is just a dense little bush, not even close to the top of the cage. But filling out the width just fine...that's where yield comes from anyway!

Close up
picture.php

Momerath

Number 4
She is the tough cookie of the group (pun intended). Almost died and now standing proud right along side her sisters. By far the most sativa leaning of all of the ladies, a very close match to the Number 2 male. Long inter node spacing and very narrow leaves, and boy what a stretch! As you will see from the pictures, she went from being 2 weeks behind the others, to the tallest plant in the garden. Tall and lanky with not many branches, but I am still very excited to see what she does.

Body shot
picture.php

Very unusual compared to all the others. Still has lots of stretch ahead of her, as she is the only one not shooting out pistils yet, which likely means a slightly longer flower time. I am ok with that!

Close up
picture.php

Number 5
I was calling her the tall girl before Number 4 took over the title. She was really tall and lanky before flowering, and now is starting to fill in nicely, and is looking more indica leaning every day. Has the broadest leaves of them all, and branching out very nicely. No real smell to speak of...yet.

Body shot
picture.php

Close up
picture.php

I'm liking the looks of those leaves...:biggrin:

Momerath

And now we have...Number 6
Oh what to say about number 6...how about :woohoo:
This is my other favorite plant. Not necessarily for her smell, of which there isn't much yet, or her looks, which don't really stand out, but for her SIZE. This plant has the best branching and growth pattern of all of them. From halfway through veg, she basically just stopped growing up and started growing outwards, wider and wider. At one point I actually think she was considerably wider than she was tall, now she is about equal again. Easily the largest of the plants, and looking like she will be a killer yielder.

Body shot
picture.php

Those pallets are 48" wide and she is already touching both edges...

Close up
picture.php

Loving this nice even canopy. It will look super delicious in a few short weeks.

Canopy
picture.php

The other pictures couldn't accurately portray the size of this lady. She is filling up the pallet after 7 days. Most of my plants usually finish around this size and still produce around a 12-16oz each.

Now going back to the Tropf-Blumat watering system...
For those that do not know, it is an automatic watering system that gauges the amount of moisture in your medium and waters accordingly, keeping the medium at a perfect moisture content. This amount can be adjusted using the knob on top of the sensor.
It works like this; The sensor is a ceramic "carrot" that can osmose water. Inside, the sensor is filled with water. When the soil around the sensor gets drier, it pulls moisture from the ceramic carrot, which in turn relieves pressure on the water line, allowing it to flow. When the soil around the carrot is re-moistened, the carrot absorbs the water until it regains pressure and closes the water line. Pretty clever if you ask me! No wires, gauges, timers, or pumps! It's gravity fed and has no moving parts to break. Easily the best investment I have made in my garden yet. I can now leave for up to about a week before I have to refill my reservoir. I could even install a float valve and have it be completely automated if I wanted to.

If you guys want to know more about these things just ask! They are a godsend and a half.

Here is what the sensor looks like...
picture.php

You can't see the carrot part as it is buried in the soil, but you can use your imagination. it looks like a carrot...

So that about wraps up this update. Now that we are in bloom I will be updating weekly up through harvest and then processing. I am literally drooling at the prospect of running this strain through my extractor. The last batch of cookies shatter I made was some of the best extract I've had. And I've had a lot...

Take care folks!

Momerath

Day 12 bloom

Day 12 bloom

Hey there everyone. I felt compelled to do another update as things are progressing quite nicely now. Plants are really doing their thing and started throwing the first flowers just 2 days ago. My garden went from no stink to a pretty good reek overnight (coincidentally the day after I hit them with the nutes...)

They are really feeding quite heavily compared to my other strains. I had to bump it up to every 5 days from 7. I give em what they ask for, and these ladies are eating it up. Also been monitoring their water consumption, and it is right around 1.25 gallons per day par plant. Luckily it hasn't been too hot, actually right in the sweet spot most of the time, high 70's/low 80's.

The phenotype variation in this pack has me very excited. It will give me a good opportunity to enjoy the many different lines that have gone into it's making. Nearly every plant is notably different, with phenotypes ranging from extremely indica to extremely sativa. One looks like it could easily do 80+ days at this point. We shall see...

Here are some garden shots from today. The ladies are showing off their dainty goods, from here it only gets better...

Number 1
Really filling in those branches nicely. Smell coming out a little more and flowers starting to appear. There are a ton of bud sites on this lady, can't wait to see what she does
picture.php

They are tiny, but she is officially producing trichomes
picture.php

Number 2
Here are pics of the freaky sativa male. He is tall, lean, super thin leaves, very stretchy and super thick branches. Looks like he has yielding capabilities. Plus I love sativas. His smell is lemony with some musky or woody undertones, makes me think of haze or something.
picture.php

picture.php

Momerath

Day 12 Bloom cont.

Day 12 Bloom cont.

Number 3
She is really starting to come into her own. While not growing quite as much as the others in size, she is putting it on where it counts. She easily has the most flower sites of the lot, and they are the largest and most developed, so I am thinking she may come down first. Also very happy to report she now has a distinct smell, which is pretty much just pure mint chocolate. What a coincidence, just the type of pheno I was hoping to find. Lets hope this develops into full blown cookies goodness!
picture.php

picture.php

Number 4
This is the oddball of the group without a doubt. After nearly dying and getting stunted, she is now the tallest in the garden, and with no sign of slowing down. She has grown over 1" every day for the past 5 days, and with barely a flower showing. Not much smell yet, but branches are getting very large and she looks like she could be a good yielder. Hoping she doesn't take as long as she looks like she will...
picture.php

picture.php

Hah, what cage...
picture.php

Quick question for anyone who happens to read this thread and is familiar with these genetics. Does anyone know where this extreme sativa pheno is coming from? I've grown several chems and og's and even cookies hybrids and never seen anything that looked like this. Any and all input is appreciated!

Momerath

Day 12 Bloom cont

Day 12 Bloom cont

Number 5
She is really filling in. Very indica looking. Not a lot of smell yet, but very nice branching and short inter node spacing lead me to believe she will be very dense. I hope it stays dry here so that mold isn't a problem.
picture.php

picture.php

Number 6
Still loving this plant. I think she is officially wider than she is tall now. Nice even canopy and tons of bud sites. Also smell is very nice. Pure lemon with a touch of sweet. Cannot wait to see what this develops in to.
picture.php

picture.php

Number 7
Here's someone we haven't seen in a while. He was the original male chosen to make f2's. He is very indica leaning, kinda sour chem smell. It is also important to note that all of his stalks and stems are deep maroon/purple. He is the only plant in the lot with this coloration, and while others show a bit of purple, he is SOLID purple. This is a very nice contrast to the extreme sativa male I am also keeping. Will give me lots of variation in the offspring should I choose to grow them again (methinks I may...)
picture.php

That's it for now. I hope there is someone out there watching this thread, it is starting to get a little lonely. Wondering if any of the other testers of these beans got any going. I sure would like to see and hear about other peoples experiences with these strains.

Take care

Momerath

Day 26 Bloom

Day 26 Bloom

Howdy y'all. Been meaning to post some more pics but work has been quite busy lately, and I always seem to get out to the garden right when the light is no good for pics. So this last weekend I snapped a bunch while I had a spare hour.

Things are really kicking into gear. They are full on blooming, really starting to stack flowers and stink up the neighborhood.

I am falling in love with the smells coming off these ladies. Simply delicious. Smells ranging from lemon candy, margarita, and pineapple, to hot garbage and chocolate chip cookies. Each plant has a very unique and wonderful terpene profile, with the exception of Number 5, who is just not releasing any aromatics so far. Guess they can't ALL be winners...

Also to be noted, that the resin production on these ladies is top notch. They started packing it on in week 2 and just won't quit. Number 6 is taking it a little too far. In just under 4 weeks, she has as much resin as some of my strains finish with. Some of the buds are seriously caked with sugar, spilling out onto the fan leaves in true cookies fashion.

Anyway, here are some pics for you guys to enjoy (all 2 of you lol)

Number 1
This lady is really working it. She is forming many many bud sites of average size, and good resin production. She finally stopped growing about 6" from the screen above her. The smell coming off her is downright offensive. Hot garbage combined with rotten lime, makes me take a step back when I sniff. This is going to be a crowd pleaser for sure. Looks like she will take around ~60 days to finish (Plants here finish faster outdoors as our light cycle isn't quite 12/12, more like 11.5/12.5 at the moment)

picture.php

Wish y'all had Smell-O-Vision for this one...
picture.php

Number 3
This lady is also getting right to it. Very similar to Number 1 in most ways except smell, which is polar opposite. Sweet, juicy margarita with a background of fresh baked chocolate cookies. Probably my favorite to just shove my face into. I am a lover of sweet fruity strains and this one tickles me. Seriously cannot wait to taste her. Production and flowering time look about the same as Number 1.

picture.php

...and this one too
picture.php

Momerath

Day 26 bloom cont.

Day 26 bloom cont.

Number 4
So I am starting to think that OJD dropped a different seed in this packet hahaha. This lady is unlike all the others in almost every way. Tall, skinny sativa with long running colas, high calyx to leaf ratio (so far) and almost 7' in height. She looks like she will have amazing production if she fills out, but also looks like she will take at least 1-2 weeks longer than any of the others. Her smell is straight PINEAPPLE. Nothing else. Just fresh juicy pineapple, YUM! One of my favorite fruits. Dare I say the perfect plant to grow in the tropics..?

picture.php

Pineapples y'all...
picture.php

...big pineapples
picture.php

I am very stoked that I have a male counterpart of this phenotype. He is dropping pollen as we speak and she will be hit within a few days.

Momerath

Day 26 bloom cont.

Day 26 bloom cont.

Number 5
I have started calling her The Dud hahaha. She has no smell whatsoever, except maybe very faint grass. Everything else about her looks nice. Good bud size/amount, good resin, solid healthy plant. Just doesn't want to make any aromatics. I am very curious to see how she turns out in the end. If there is no smell by then, this may become a dedicated RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) plant. I like terpenes too much to cook them off during decarb.

picture.php

No Smell-O-Vision necessary...
picture.php

Number 6
I am indeed saving the best for last. If any plant has the chance of becoming a new champion in my collection, it is the Number 6. I love everything about her, in every way possible. Perfect growth patterns to make an even canopy, strong branches to hold the gigantic buds forming on them, and THE RESIN! Holy smokes is she off the hook in that department. Seriously sticky icky. And with the smell of pure lemon candy to boot. This one is def getting her Lemon Larry on. She looks like she will also be the first one down, maybe even 55 days if I am lucky. Also worth mentioning that of every plant cloned, she was the most vigorous. Even after one got accidentally ripped from the cloner and sat on the floor for a couple hours in early life, it bounced back and rooted. My preliminary keeper by a mile.
Also, she was the first to be pollinated by my Number 7 male (purple, indica dominant pheno). I checked the pollinated flowers yesterday and its looking like there will be beans a plenty.

Loving this canopy action!
picture.php

Fat nugs
picture.php

Did I mention the RESIN?
picture.php

That's all for now folks. I am off to do some pollinating...Stay stoney my friends.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Mmmmmmm.... backwards light dep resin.... :D

Good to see you got one that has you revv'd up! That #6 plant is chunky & hella frosty for 26 days.

Last edited:

Momerath

Thanks guys. Yes the #6 has me very stoked, and also nervous. She is very solid and still has around a month to go, which could prove disastrous should the weather turn nasty and rainy, leading to botrytis, and bringing out the caterpillars. I always lose a few buds to the caterpillars, but its 10 times worse when it rains regularly.

And barletta, lol at backwards light dep. Its taken some getting used to, as I grew for so long in california, now doing it in the tropics where it is always 12/12, it is pretty groovy. Now if something should go wrong, I do not lose a years worth of work, only a few months, and I can keep it on a perpetual 60 day cycle, which makes for nice fresh meds every 2 months.

Momerath

Day 48

Day 48

Howdy y'all!

Its been a busy past couple weeks and haven't had much of a chance for picture taking. Been dealing with stormy weather and battling the caterpillars. It would seem they are not as bad as they could be, so I am thankful for that. I have caught them going after my seeded branches but luckily have not lost many seeds to them. They, however, have been suffering heavy losses hehehe...

This has been a fun strain to grow, and I plan on doing another run of it before I choose my keeper mom. All 5 phenos are proving to be contenders in some regards, but the ultimate test will obviously be sampling and a lab test to get hard numbers. I am looking forward to both very much!

Also, it would seem that a good deal of the pollen took in all plants, so there will be seeds from all phenos added to my collection. It was also crossed with my strawberry cough I had going along side them. This is a strain I plan on playing with a bit more, as it has a lot of traits that I find appealing.

Here are some updates on the ladies...

Number 1
She is still the stinkiest plant by a mile. Serious chem and og notes, rotten citrus, garbage. Won't be the heaviest yielder, but should still weigh up nicely. Bud's are decent size for their branch, and will be easy to trim. Under microscope, they trichomes are still predominately clear, so she has a bit more time, but not much. Will probably come in around day 56 (remember, shorter bloom time in my neighborhood). This is one of the front runners for keeper pheno.

picture.php

picture.php

Number 3
This one has probably the most "appetizing" smell, if you will. Very bright and citrus-y and chemmy. This one has the smallest buds of all the phenos, but they are very dense so that is a plus. This is also one of the earlier finishing phenos. She is nearly ready at about 40% cloudy and 10% amber. Calyxs are very swollen and she is just getting riper by the day. Not the prettiest pheno but only time will tell how they stack up. Smells from this one are sure to be lovely during cure. Now that I am looking at her, she reminds me visually a bit of durban poison, only much denser buds...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php