What's new

Diary Growing some autos under a Mars Hydro 480W smart led

goingrey

Hello @goingrey . They are still in 24 hours a day, I guess I should find 2 timers, not just one. :D
Guess it's not needed, but I'm sure they sleep for some hours, might be a waste of leccy to have the light on then? Doesn't take very long for a timer to pay for itself.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well I have around 8 of them timers somewhere around the house, guess it's time to make use of some of them. I bet that giving the plants some hours of lights off while upping the power when light is ok would mean more energy for them, while using about the same kwh from the mains.
So I guess I can go 75% power (they are at about about 50-55% now) and 18/6 next week or whenever I find the timers. And make the uv/ir come on 15 mins at sunrise and 15 mins at sunset.

goingrey

OTOH 24/7 might have its benefits as well. No spike in the smart meter..

Or more a valley than a spike hehe.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I think I’m interested in something like this to start with.. we had talked about this previously :sneaky: i’m just trying to tie up some loose ends inside and out. “FC/FC-E4800 is suitable for 4*4”
Yes, do you have any questions about this?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update from yesterday.
Plants seem to be going well, except for some cal mag deffs, mostly on the younger plants. The Mg is my mistake, gave them a watering like a week ago where I forgot to add MgSo4. Calcium is probably because I didn't figured out the right levels needed for my tap water. But will add a bit more next time, and it should be ok. The flowering plants that are older seem to be better, so I guess more is needed during stretch mostly.
Anyway, enjoy the pics.
Whole grow:
1000014308.jpg

Front pics:
1000014307.jpg

1000014311.jpg

Left side:
1000014309.jpg

Right side:
1000014310.jpg

The smells in there are crazy, I just brushed a Red Ak and I got the nicest sweet & sour citrus smell on my hand for hours even after washing with soap. Will try some macros soon, the older ones starting to get really resinous already!
See you guys and gals soon!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time! The bigger plants that are in mid flowering seem to be doing good, yet the smaller ones that just finishing stretch seem to have a bad time. What baffles me is they are in same conditions, getting same nutrients, and upping the calmag didn't help at all for the younger ones.
Group pic:
1000014573.jpg

RAK2:
1000014615.jpg

PK:
1000014616.jpg

GSC:
1000014617.jpg
RAK1:
1000014618.jpg

Anyone has any thoughts on whats happening here? Could the light be too close? (35 cm and 50% power on a new model 480W FC-E from Mars Hydro)?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I dunno but the latest pics don't look like light burn. It looks like a lockout of something. Your 1st post in the thread shows light burn for sure but not these. Flush well with pH'd water and then re-nute with a lower feed. Get the ec down to 1.2 - 1.3 and keep it there for a few days and see if things stabilize.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for the help, I did water at 6.5 ph and 1.4 ec, 10 liters to each. The ec came out around 2, while I was feeding an average of 1.8, the ph came out 6, so they were a bit more acid than they should have been, but not by much. I will continue to monitor the runoff and see if they get better.

Cougar672

I am growing 5 different autos (11 plants total) and I am having similar issues on some, but not others. They all sprouted at the same time, started flowering at the same time, have similar flowering periods and are in the same tent, receiving the same pH'd water and nutes. I am thinking the plants that look good love everything, while the others need a little something different.....but what I don't know.
10-8 group.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello @Cougar672 , thanks for coming by. Yours look like they have issues more in the lowest leaves, so it's probably one of the mobile nutrients [Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Magnesium (Mg), Sulfur (S)].
Mine seem to have problems all over, even if oldest leaves are the more affected. I really hope lower EC and proper PH and monitoring will help them. Good luck with your grow!

Cougar672

Hello @Cougar672 , thanks for coming by. Yours look like they have issues more in the lowest leaves, so it's probably one of the mobile nutrients [Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Magnesium (Mg), Sulfur (S)].
Mine seem to have problems all over, even if oldest leaves are the more affected. I really hope lower EC and proper PH and monitoring will help them. Good luck with your grow!

@exploziv I am still pretty new to growing so I appreciate your insight. Thanks and good luck with your grow, too!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update:
The light is now rased another 5-10 cm, at about 40 cm away. No watering needed since the last time when I flushed them. I don't expect the more affected leaves to bouce back, but I can see the tops are a better colour now and also some leaves that were yellow got some green in them again. So I will keep monitoring them, they should get better. The smell is crazy in there, especially on the red ak's that are in late flowering. The MH light seem to be doing a nice job so far, can't wait to put it in a bigger tent for next grow. It's way underutilized for this small tent, that's for sure.
Group pics:
1000014837.jpg

1000014838.jpg

Close-ups:
1000014839.jpg
1000014840.jpg
1000014841.jpg

1000014842.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, those are more advanced in flower and were less affected from it to start with. But the other ones have grown the buds a lot since the flush, sign they are better now, too. They won't look pretty again, but I will probably get a decent harvest from this grow even after all the problems.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Local hardware shop, 16 liter garden/construction bucket. Cheap and holding weight better than a pot.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I think they are just low on N, which is normal at the late stage of flowering considering none of us gives high N at the end. They just sucking up their own nutes cause those buds are bangin!

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Other things that spring to mind is overwatering, root rot (maybe something isn't drainign properly?) or your night temperatures are too high...