What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Growing Organics living soil, Sativa/Narrow leaf dominant pheno selection, phenotypic expression.

BC LONE WOLF

20gal grow bag for this beauty.

IMG_1089.jpeg
IMG_1084.jpeg

gedLang

Yes 4 days ago, started seeing mold inside the buds, to be expected of a texada ( it has Afghan dominance) not ideal for wet environment.

Super tight buds and short compact is not ideal for outdoors. So I’m not to excited on the resistance but I yet to smoke it.
That is too bad, I would have thought it would have better mold resistance since it was developed in the BC region.

BC LONE WOLF

That is too bad, I would have thought it would have better mold resistance since it was developed in the BC region.

I thought the same; but the original mothers are kept indoors and that will damage plant resistance as they are never exposed as a true outdoor plant. add to that the exponential cloning and repro indoors translate to genetic degradation.
On my research online I read some reports of Texada being prone to PM and other airborne maladies.

Back to the genetic origin of this plants I think its a Afghan and a Thai cross ( to a certain extent), with Afghan dominance... tight bud structure doesn't work in 90% humidity of a temperate rainforest like Vancouver island. Now in the mainland BC its another story.

LG/

First week October still going strong, clones are all on 11/13 and will probably remain on 11/13 for the next 2 months.

Sparkelicious (BD pheno/sativa expression)
View attachment 19080301 View attachment 19080300

Jamaican/Mexican/Filipino cuts from 2023 reveg View attachment 19080303
View attachment 19080304 View attachment 19080305

F2 project and also flower test.

SMG
View attachment 19080312 View attachment 19080306

Yowie
View attachment 19080307 View attachment 19080308 View attachment 19080309
(cap junkie cut X nl5/haze)
I appreciate you! Looking good. Always nice to see what you have going.
If I may ask, did you make the Cap Junky x Nl5Haze? And if so, was there something specific about Cap Junky that made you want to do that?
I ask because 1) I bought a cut of Cap Junky but haven't flowered it yet and 2) New school meets old school I get that but it doesn't fit in with the rest of your selections (on paper anyways)
Thanks, keep up the good work.

BC LONE WOLF

I appreciate you! Looking good. Always nice to see what you have going.
If I may ask, did you make the Cap Junky x Nl5Haze? And if so, was there something specific about Cap Junky that made you want to do that?
I ask because 1) I bought a cut of Cap Junky but haven't flowered it yet and 2) New school meets old school I get that but it doesn't fit in with the rest of your selections (on paper anyways)
Thanks, keep up the good work.

Thanks for reaching out LG, and appreciate your interest in what I do.

Cap junkie x nl5/haze was done by @GainesvilleGreen
He can probably talk more about his selection.

As a collective, we all do our own creations based on personal taste and genetics available. Big C did the Yowie and I am running it and testing it (under my style of grow and setup).

You are right about it not being Narrow leaf or sativa dominant but it’s still a nl5/haze (I had never worked with nl5/haze). And could open a window for a more balanced hybrid line I could work with.
I did pollinate it with the 2024 Filipino male so my addition to Big C work is done, the F1 coming out of this test run will be interesting as it’s our flagship hybrid meets the Filipino genotype.

At the moment we are all running 2 genetics of ours to test them out.