What's new

greencalyx's never-ending quest to try his best

greencalyx

Premium user
Veteran
I've decided to keep all my grows in one thread to make things easy for me to keep track of. Still pretty new to growing, so advice is always welcome!

Now let's get this started!

This round, I'm doing Oaxaca x Panama from Ace Seeds. Amazing germination rate. Out of 12 seeds, I got 13 sprouts!

20240627_051908.jpg
20240627_051916.jpg
20240627_051923.jpg

On top of that, here are a few bonus plants. The top two are Tropicana cherry x deep chunk (seeds from my last grow).

20240627_051936.jpg

the the small one on the bottom is a random bagseed I found in my grinder. About a third of the hull was missing when I found it. I usually keep all my bagseeds (to probably never grow out, haha), but I figured this one wouldn't stay viable for long (if at all) so I gave it a shot. The seedling came up with only one cotyledon that was half detached. We'll see what happens.

20240627_051944.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've decided to keep all my grows in one thread to make things easy for me to keep track of. Still pretty new to growing, so advice is always welcome!

Now let's get this started!

This round, I'm doing Oaxaca x Panama from Ace Seeds. Amazing germination rate. Out of 12 seeds, I got 13 sprouts!

View attachment 19024096
View attachment 19024097
View attachment 19024098

On top of that, here are a few bonus plants. The top two are Tropicana cherry x deep chunk (seeds from my last grow).

View attachment 19024102

the the small one on the bottom is a random bagseed I found in my grinder. About a third of the hull was missing when I found it. I usually keep all my bagseeds (to probably never grow out, haha), but I figured this one wouldn't stay viable for long (if at all) so I gave it a shot. The seedling came up with only one cotyledon that was half detached. We'll see what happens.

View attachment 19024103
Ok friend, thanks for sharing your gardens with us. I'm going to ride with you.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool trop cherry x DC will be fun to watch! What type of media are you using? How are you fertilizing them?

I bought some FoxFarm Happy Frog media. Wondering how I should amend it when I use it. Also got the Foxfarm seed germination media.

greencalyx

Premium user
Veteran
Yeah I'm really excited about those too!

I'm using happy frog right now, and it's great! I don't have much experience with it as I've only done a couple grows. I mainly used it for seedlings and young plants before transplanting into bigger containers with ocean forest

Unfortunately, it's not really available locally, so I've been having it shipped, which is expensive of course. Now, I'm looking into less expensive alternatives, and I think I'm just gonna buy soil locally and try amending with just osmocote, and see what happens. I still have some fox farm liquid ferts if I need to use, but right now, the plan is just using plain water if I can

PadawanWarrior

Cool trop cherry x DC will be fun to watch! What type of media are you using? How are you fertilizing them?

I bought some FoxFarm Happy Frog media. Wondering how I should amend it when I use it. Also got the Foxfarm seed germination media.
Yeah I'm really excited about those too!

I'm using happy frog right now, and it's great! I don't have much experience with it as I've only done a couple grows. I mainly used it for seedlings and young plants before transplanting into bigger containers with ocean forest

Unfortunately, it's not really available locally, so I've been having it shipped, which is expensive of course. Now, I'm looking into less expensive alternatives, and I think I'm just gonna buy soil locally and try amending with just osmocote, and see what happens. I still have some fox farm liquid ferts if I need to use, but right now, the plan is just using plain water if I can
If you guys want to amend the FFHF you can just add an all purpose organic fertilizer to it. Whatever's local like Dr. Earth, Gaia, Down To Earth. You can topdress it or mix it with old or new soil. Then just keep the soil moist. I originally bought FFOF and it became the base to my no till soil I've been using for years.

Osmocote is made of salts so it won't make the soil better like the organic stuff will. It will provide nutrients but the soil won't improve if you know what I mean. I'm not a fan of the Fox Farms Trio. Big Bloom is organic but the others aren't.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I agree, I wouldn't use osmocote. Yeah organic amendments would be better to sweeten the flower and produce a healthy plant. I use Healthy Grow 3-3-3 (Dave Thompson's) for the starter mix and it worked well with no burns.

Latest posts

Latest posts