What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

sgka

Veteran
My Mountain Gold ladies are turning 10 weeks on Friday ... still debating on whether to chop or wait another week.

Took a tester last week and it definitely hits the spot :biggrin:

1 is pure bubblegum, another is bubblegum plus terpitine, and the 3rd is Fruity Fuel with a hint of bubblegum.

I let these ladies get too close to the lights (20" from 600w hps) so some stress on tops and dry(ish) resin but anything below canopy is like touching pine sap... they're that sticky.

Interesting foxtails on the head buds but couldn't get them to show up well in the pics.
My MG9 tends to have smaller calyxes up until week 11, then it really fattens up. Might be worth waiting.

That being said my MG11 is just fat calyxes all day long

ilovegrowing

Here something weird happened. The timer of my uv supplement malfunctioned and went on for two hours in the middle of the dark period. Interestingly the other two plants, same cuts, same soil dont have it. Im pretty sure that i didnt top her, but it looks like i did. Maybe on accident? Dont know. Anyways.. gmg f2 purple

4A532BE4-B3F3-48DB-B912-5EE57E6CA6ED.jpeg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Ohhh... just saw Ace got a restock :)

For some reason I thought Mt. Gold was discontinued but really glad it's still available. Gonna order me a few more packs for the fridge

I was thinking of trying the Purple Satellite, but they were out of stock last week when I put my order in with Ace. The wife's going to kill me when she sees the credit card bill after this news Jroadytoady. :biglaugh:

vermontman

I was only going to grow a Purple Satellite and GM Grape both fems outdoors this season. Wasn't really set up for more.
But this thread hooked me and I decided to pop a pack of regular Mountain Gold also. 😉

It's been over 40 years since I have made any seeds. Decided I'm not getting any younger and I'll just have to make room for the best female somewhere.
Pack came with 12 and I dropped one.
Hopefully I'll get a few males to choose from these 11.
Sungrown Organic - 42°N
And who doesn't like baby pictures?
Terrific!
Just potted up 15 Mountain Gold 100% germ in three days.

vermontman

My Mountain Gold ladies are turning 10 weeks on Friday ... still debating on whether to chop or wait another week.

1 is pure bubblegum, another is bubblegum plus terpitine, and the 3rd is Fruity Fuel with a hint of bubblegum.

I let these ladies get too close to the lights (20" from 600w hps) so some stress on tops and dry(ish) resin but anything below canopy is like touching pine sap... they're that sticky.

Interesting foxtails on the head buds but couldn't get them to show up well in the pics.
BEAUTIFUL!
You know they say when in doubt wait a week!

EnjoyingLife

"1 is pure bubblegum, another is bubblegum plus terpitine, and the 3rd is Fruity Fuel with a hint of bubblegum."

Are you keeping them?
That's a hard choice!

jroadytoady

And who doesn't like baby pictures?
Terrific!
Just potted up 15 Mountain Gold 100% germ in three days.

Gonna hit a few ladies with the new Oaxaca @vermontman ?

"1 is pure bubblegum, another is bubblegum plus terpitine, and the 3rd is Fruity Fuel with a hint of bubblegum."

Are you keeping them?
That's a hard choice!

Unfortunately, I didn't keep clones but I'm gonna re-veg them. Plus ordering a few more packs just in case... these are special :)

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Easy solution is to make sure they show up with a new piece of jewelry for her :ROFLMAO:

She told me to stop moaning and just buy them...! I call that a win in my book. :good: :good::biglaugh:

I think these are coming up to the end of week 6 since showing me their bits. I;m pondering them being done in 8 weeks by the looks of them. Maybe another week for luck.
I like to take my plants when they are ripe, with nicely swollen trichs that look like they will fall off the stalk and just starting to cloud over.
Foxtails are coming, temps are hitting 27*C if the sun ever does come out round these parts I can see that being around 30*C in the closet.
They're on 1ml/L of Green Sensation and 1ml/L of bloom ferts every other day.

DSCF1131.JPG
DSCF1133.JPG
DSCF1134.JPG
DSCF1140.JPG

Getting closer, smelling fruity and funky. I'll be dipping in the jars as soon as they're down.

Have a good weekend folks!

:whee:

moose/MI

I have a bit of an sos with my Mountain Gold regulars. @vermontman or anyone.

Since they are all going to be outdoor cats I decided to bring my tray of mixed strains up to get a little breeze.
It's 71° and overcast. Breezy because a storm is coming in.

When I got them up in the light, admiring them I noticed a light colored steak on one.
Turned out to be a Mountain Gold and the stem seems to be cracking.
Further inspection found several more.
All Mountain Gold regulars. It's not happening with the other fems.

They popped on 4/20 and have been on 24 hour light. Straight Hp. 73-75°
Minimum watering since the cups are watered a few days before planting.
I just gave them a tiny drink of water that had a handful of quality vermicompost in it a day ago.

It's been awhile but this is new to me.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20240427_110631.jpg
    20240427_110631.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240427_110449.jpg
    20240427_110449.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 20240427_110440.jpg
    20240427_110440.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240427_105408.jpg
    20240427_105408.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240426_102326.jpg
    20240426_102326.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

moose/MI

That may be a bit of dryness, both soil and RH maybe?

I'd try filling the cups with a bit more dirt too.

I think I've had it before, but I don't think it was an issue, which is why I have probably forgotten about it, but the 1st pic made me go "oh yeah, I remember that... or do i?" If that makes sense.
Yes, the cups were purposely left low so they could be filled up a bit. I had brought them up to have the breeze stress them a bit before doing so.

jroadytoady

It looks like a combination between low humidity and stretch marks @moose/MI

I'd stick a bamboo skewer / chopstick etc. in the edge of the soil and support the stems with a thin wire like a bread tie and mist several times per day.

If you can add a small fan, that should help sturdy them up... as well as reducing light hours to decrease the rapid growth (stretch)

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts