What's new

GorillaBubble bx2 - PPKed

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
badfishy.. se florida.. too much ran on the left coast..

Well, I've been constructing, adjusting, vacationing and catching up from vacation.. few pics from 12/20 when we left for vacation (topped, defoliated (cuts taken)and super cropped and 12/27 day after we came back, still in veg... and then a couple more from today, 6 days into bloom... top left DeathStomper, unsexed but looking very girley, center top row, GB#7 (I have a very good feeling about #7... gluey) and last of top row, GB#2: poor planning left me with very little access to this girl and she grows, for the most part with very little human intervention (she'll probably go in the bin for another, next run. Bottom left, a freebee DinaFem WW, never grew WW, WTF. Middle bottom BlueGB.. unsexed also but also looking very girley and then on the right is GB#11.. I must say that my light is off center toward the back row about 8" (PoorPlanning) and that might account for the smaller structure of the lower row.. next run, thinking of putting a GL145 - 4'9" square tent in there, cut out the roof and mount the light to the ceiling and then fashion a black felt valance to enclose the ceiling to roof differential but that's another story... or is it a pipe dream??? any way, pics... OH, last pic is blueGB with a crazy crinkled leaf section on only one side of the stalk..

Attachments

• 122016.jpg
    122016.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 122016 003.jpg
    122016 003.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 40
  • 122016 006.jpg
    122016 006.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 122716 011.jpg
    122716 011.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 010717 002.jpg
    010717 002.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 122716 016.jpg
    122716 016.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 40

SuperWeed

Well, I've been constructing, adjusting, vacationing and catching up from vacation.. few pics from 12/20 when we left for vacation (topped, defoliated (cuts taken)and super cropped and 12/27 day after we came back, still in veg... and then a couple more from today, 6 days into bloom... top left DeathStomper, unsexed but looking very girley, center top row, GB#7 (I have a very good feeling about #7... gluey) and last of top row, GB#2: poor planning left me with very little access to this girl and she grows, for the most part with very little human intervention (she'll probably go in the bin for another, next run. Bottom left, a freebee DinaFem WW, never grew WW, WTF. Middle bottom BlueGB.. unsexed also but also looking very girley and then on the right is GB#11.. I must say that my light is off center toward the back row about 8" (PoorPlanning) and that might account for the smaller structure of the lower row.. next run, thinking of putting a GL145 - 4'9" square tent in there, cut out the roof and mount the light to the ceiling and then fashion a black felt valance to enclose the ceiling to roof differential but that's another story... or is it a pipe dream??? any way, pics... OH, last pic is blueGB with a crazy crinkled leaf section on only one side of the stalk..

"I must spread some reputation around before I hook Snook up again."

hillbil

Gorilla Bubble bx2 has been ordered. Will germ next month. If I used words such as stoked, now would be the time. Ran Bodhi Space Monkey which is close as I've come to gg4(GG4/Wookie15). That got me curious as the weed was outstanding. Got Thunder Wookie in veg to explore the other side of Space Monkey.

Might pick up some Sour Bubble sometime but I have enough to keep me busy for a while.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Let them veg, I didn't get much of a stretch..
out of 11 seed starts, 2 boys, 6 girls (one real solid keeper GB#7) and 3 of them I didn't do my part.
GL... make yourself proud..:tiphat:

oti$

I like the ppk set up. what's the height on those containers? I'm devising a plan to ppk my gavita room, which is very tight and doesn't have a whole lot of spare headroom. dtw has already fucked me on two runs with one total loss due to pump failure and another piss poor run due to over and under watering. I know that, under the reliable watch if the ppk, these failures would not have happened. keep killin' it homie, I'll be lurking...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I like the ppk set up. what's the height on those containers? I'm devising a plan to ppk my gavita room, which is very tight and doesn't have a whole lot of spare headroom. dtw has already fucked me on two runs with one total loss due to pump failure and another piss poor run due to over and under watering. I know that, under the reliable watch if the ppk, these failures would not have happened. keep killin' it homie, I'll be lurking...
High oti$.. They are 4 gallon black sterilite tubs ordered online from walmart, couldn't find them in the store. Height of them stacked is 14". I have them in place and will continue to use them but the shortness of the bottom tub leaves little room for a 3.5"-4" air gap. When first using a similar 4gal tub for a pulse rez, there wasnt enough nutrient solution (NS) to put a quart into each of 6 plants or even 3 so I switched to a 25gallon tub for pulsing, still 4" gap (knowing a 3.5 would afford more available NS) . I also have 3/4" insulation board under each of the 6 ppks which does take away some up height. There is also a sister 10 gallon tub on which 2 4 gallon tubs fit like a glove but take up more lateral space on the floor and, for me, put two plants too close together for my liking but another bottom PPK rez affording more NS for pulsing.. I will raise the pulse feed apparatus from the floor to 16" off the floor, too much NS stays in the piping when its on the floor and use only 1, 1200 GPH pump for pulsing instead of 2 500GPH pumps, each feeding 3 plants having cycle timers adjusted so they fir 15 minutes apart, giving enough time between pulsed for all rezs to reach equilibrium.

I went on vacation for a week last month, the set up was still in veg.. I didn't see that the control rez (I use 3 rezs, old school) was lower than the pulse rez and in that week stopped feeding the pulse rez and was keeping the control rez over filled.. when I got back, all had grown nicely but were a little saggy, a check of the pulse rez revealed no NS present :moon:, the volume rez was still full. What am I trying to say?? F if I know... GL brother..:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
2009... 10 posts... I lovit... a man???women of many words..
welcome4.gif

you'll be happy with tonys beans, they don't stretch much so vegem good.. out of 11 bx2s, I've had only 2 males...
and am 2 for 2 girls on his blue gorilla bubble...

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

nice thread bro! i like the black wally's tubs. in the pic here showing the net and frame, is that conduit? what are those black connectors?

hillbil

2009... 10 posts... I lovit... a man???women of many words.. View Image

you'll be happy with tonys beans, they don't stretch much so vegem good.. out of 11 bx2s, I've had only 2 males...
and am 2 for 2 girls on his blue gorilla bubble...
Since lurking on IC since 08, I have learned what I know from this and a couple other forums. Been more active at RIU because of forward looking info on LEDs.

Am not living in a friendly state and posted nothing for years and still don't do pics. Too old to move. Posters here are pretty familiar to me.

I do respect Tony's breeding and stabilizing work as opposed to chucking pollen which has its place also. This will be fun!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
D9??? scroging? have I missed another deviation/advancement from vert lighting?

a couple pics, day 29 of bloom, stretch slowed at day 24 and stopped on the 28th day. the last pic is the WW that is dwarfed by the others.. I don't remember the freebie WW (dinafem) seed being labeled an auto but sometimes I forget and the package is history..
none the less, they are looking happy.. 71-73*F night, 76-78*F lights on.. humidity at 55%-64%.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
D9??? scroging? have I missed another deviation/advancement from vert lighting?

a couple pics, day 29 of bloom, stretch slowed at day 24 and stopped on the 28th day. the last pic is the WW that is dwarfed by the others.. I don't remember the freebie WW (dinafem) seed being labeled an auto but sometimes I forget and the package is history..
none the less, they are looking happy.. 71-73*F night, 76-78*F lights on.. humidity at 55%-64%.

apparently you have! after my last vertical bare bulb mogul socket grow i converted to ac/de fixtures which pretty much require horizontal mounting.

i'm changing styles after 12 years. the ac/de's are very efficient over a 5x5 screen so scrog it is.

i've done some limited scrogging before but in small spaces with the screen mostly attached to the wall.

Latest posts

Latest posts