What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 bud pic thread

GoneP

What's the smell like on the original glue at the 4 weekish mark, i'm supposed to have a cut but it's just smelling like a normal sour kush or something at the moment, does it change at all.

Yup, that's exactly the smell you should be getting. As others have mentioned, it'll get more complex as it matures. I get sour, coffe/chocolate notes with a back end of fuel, diesel, or chem.

picture.php

arent bad for s1...

Man, that is an amazing cut and i love looking at all these pictures.

I wish i could get my hands on some of these new elite clones these days.

Unfortunately, even though i live in MA where growing is legal, nobody is trading clones except for a few shady people on places like craigslist.

They charge like $50-$100 or more per clone which is ridiculous, especially considering they might not even be the real deal.

billb

Veteran

Unfortunately, even though i live in MA where growing is legal, nobody is trading clones except for a few shady people on places like craigslist.

They charge like $50-$100 or more per clone which is ridiculous, especially considering they might not even be the real deal.

Get em where you can. That’s how most get them I’m sure.. an that per clone is a very good price. People pay hundreds and thousands for certain cuts.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love how every one thinks weed is supposed to be free to grow. Like finding these clones didn't cost a penny. Nutrients. Soil. Electricity. Seeds. Rental. Not to even mention the time invested.

It all adds up to ONE great plant eventually surfacing.

Yeah, $50-100 is ridiculous. WHAT!??! A single plant can produce THOUSANDS of dollars worth of income, yet the $50-100 INVESTMENT is ridiculous.

This is what I think "entitlement" means.

dank.Frank

Wendull C.

Veteran

There are seeds around that will out do some elites. Just do your homework.

lol at you guys attacking me because you're greedy. See, i haven't posted here in years. I stopped growing for a long time due to the risk where i lived and family issues.

An old friend of mine from this forum (Krome) told me that the growing scene has changed and that everyone is just looking to make an easy buck. I didn't know just how right he was until now.

See, back when i used to post here (9-10 years ago) people helped each other out and we all had a good time. I don't remember anyone crying because i made a post about clones being expensive.

lol @ hundred or THOUSANDS of dollars for one clone. If you charge thousands for one clone, you're a scumbag, plain and simple.

Clones can keep being made in large quantities easily so it's not like they sell it once and it's gone. Think even if they had 20-30 plants that they can keep taking clones from, that's a lot of money even at $50 each.

Also, let's not act like the people selling the clones for a lot of money are the people who grew the cut, so THEY didn't put in any work or "Nutrients, electricity, seeds, rental". Not sure what rent has to do with growing anyways since you have to live somewhere even if you don't grow. And seeds? Really? Omg! the poor grower spent some money on seeds so therefore the clones are worth thousands each, duh you idiots!

I'll admit, $50 isn't too bad and i'd actually pay that much for a good clone, but hundreds or thousands? That's ridiculous and i'm surprised so many people on here are supporting that type of crap, unless of course you guys are the ones doing it in the first place.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The irony is he's going to come to THIS thread of all threads and make a statement about greedy growers...

Ha!!! The irony.

Yeah, the game changed. All your boys from your era own seed companies that sell beans for $300-$500 a pack. Krome included.

I suggest you check your idols.

dank.Frank

There are seeds around that will out do some elites. Just do your homework.

Yes, i know seeds exist and how they work. You can look at my Blockhead grow on here from several years ago, i had some very good phenos, though unfortunately i didn't take keep mothers.

Growing out plants from seeds to find good phenos is an option, but it's much easier to just be able to get clones and grow those out. The quality of elite clones is going to be better than 95+ percent of seed phenos and if you want to try out a bunch of strains, clones are the best way to do that.

We are talking about growing out say 10 strains from seed and trying to find an elite pheno from each one vs. just buying 10 different cuts from someone and being done with it.

I'm not trying to be a dick, i just wish clones were more accessible where i live because it would save me a lot of time and i reallly want to try alot of these elite cuts out because i've never gotten the chance (GSC, GG #4, all the different OG Kush cuts. The White, etc.)

The irony is he's going to come to THIS thread of all threads and make a statement about greedy growers...

Ha!!! The irony.

Yeah, the game changed. All your boys from your era own seed companies that sell beans for $300-$500 a pack. Krome included.

I suggest you check your idols.

dank.Frank

Yeah, i know what Krome does and i don't have the money right now to be paying like $130 for each pack of seeds i want so i get it. You're exaggerating again with the "$300-$500 a pack" comment, but yeah i know they are expensive.

I've given out a most of the weed i grew for free to people i know and i would never charge thousands or even hundreds for an elite cut i didn't even create.

Getting a cut, using it to make more cuts and selling them for hundreds or thousands of dollars while not doing any of the work to create that cut isn't being greedy?

Like i said, i'd pay some money for those cuts. I'm not expecting to get them for free, but i also won't pay some entitled millennial hundreds or thousands of dollars for it.

You have to be one of those nutjob alt-right libertarians to think that it's cool to screw people like that. It ruins growing for everyone else if you do that and that's not what the growing scene should be about IMO.

Sure, get angry and call me stupid again, but if you're being honest with yourself you know that's crazy too. I don't know why you're getting angry and defending the people that do that so much. It's pretty strange IMO.

Oh well, i guess it's going to have to be seeds for me.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Krome is your boy, but you've never tried, The White? Your boy is slacking.

Never once did I call you stupid. I never inferred that either. I said your argument was ironic in this thread, which is about a cut that was spread so freely it took the #1 search results on google, over the international product itself.

LOL. C'mon. Get real.

If you've been in this game like you say, then you know as well as the rest of us, what someone is willing to pay is what dictates the acceptable price point in the market. $130 for seeds is too much to support your friend. $50 for a know chosen, selected "elite" cut is too much, because that is being greedy, for someone taking the risk of giving you something in a public setting.

Anyone that disagrees with you gets berated as if the conversation was about politics some how...

I see why you stayed off the boards. Then you want to front the peace and love hippie line because ... what? 95% of the market is willing to pay what you aren't?

Those NL/LV x PK - were some amazing seeds. I ran a cut from Denmark, called NiteRider from that gene pool. No reason you shouldn't just start those. Then you don't have to spend a penny and worry about telling everyone how greedy they are for trying to make a living.

By the way. Things aren't expensive. Money just isn't worth shit. Don't blame me.

dank.Frank

Krome is your boy, but you've never tried, The White? Your boy is slacking.

Never once did I call you stupid. I never inferred that either. I said your argument was ironic in this thread, which is about a cut that was spread so freely it took the #1 search results on google, over the international product itself.

LOL. C'mon. Get real.

If you've been in this game like you say, then you know as well as the rest of us, what someone is willing to pay is what dictates the acceptable price point in the market. $130 for seeds is too much to support your friend. $50 for a know chosen, selected "elite" cut is too much, because that is being greedy, for someone taking the risk of giving you something in a public setting.

Anyone that disagrees with you gets berated as if the conversation was about politics some how...

I see why you stayed off the boards. Then you want to front the peace and love hippie line because ... what? 95% of the market is willing to pay what you aren't?

Those NL/LV x PK - were some amazing seeds. I ran a cut from Denmark, called NiteRider from that gene pool. No reason you shouldn't just start those. Then you don't have to spend a penny and worry about telling everyone how greedy they are for trying to make a living.

By the way. Things aren't expensive. Money just isn't worth shit. Don't blame me.

dank.Frank

He offered me clones years ago, but i declined because like i said i stopped growing because it was too risky in the place where i lived at the time.

It's now legal in MA to grow and i have my own house now, which is why i got back into growing.

And yes, some people are willing to pay that because some people are idiots and apparently don't know the value of money and probably haven't worked a real job in their lives.

A few thousand dollars is easy to come up with now? And i highly doubt 95% of people even have several thousand dollars to spend on a clone, let alone are willing to pay that much.

I'm not supporting my friend because i don't have $130 to buy a pack of his seeds? Money has little to do with friendship. If i had plenty of money i would gladly buy a pack, but i have gone through some tough times the last few years, especially with both my parents being sick and having to take care of them and having to pay off an expensive mortgage on my house, etc.

Don't give me that bullshit about "trying to make a living". Charging thousands for a clone that took you doing basically nothing and that you didn't even create isn't making a living, it's ripping people off and you know it.

I don't have those seeds from Krome anymore, which is why i deleted my sig, because that was from like 8-9 years ago.

Money "aint worth shit" huh? So you're saying several thousand dollars is nothing? You're either living in fantasy land, really high, or you're rich.

If money isn't worth shit then i guess everyone should stop working? I mean, you must be loaded if several thousand dollars is nothing. I mean the way you talk, it's like you live in an entirely different universe than i do.

Whatever floats your boat though i guess. We clearly don't agree on this topic. I personally don't like getting raped and just taking it and that is where i stand, so i'm going to move on.

Have a good day.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You present a problem ---> You just want access to the genes you haven't tried.

Someone gives you a solution ---> show up here, spend a few bucks.

And then you berate them for offering. I really don't think I'm the one out of line.

Even so. Check your PMs. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran

Ill take the higher road then most in replying to this... first off, fuck craigslist. you dunno who has what from where with whatever pests/viruses etc. and while there always have and will be cuts restricted to certain grow circles and friends only (cough cough cough), jw flipped the game on its fucking face by gifting out the gg4. did he have to? nope, but because he did it became the next big thing. that's part of the reason for frank bein frank.
As far as finding elites, your in the playground, you just gotta find the right slide to go down. if I was you Id take the small trip to GT and stack up on gg4 and everything else considered elite that's there.

both of yall should just chill and go smoke a few dabs or something to calm down. :tiphat:

Wendull C.

Veteran
lol at you guys attacking me because you're greedy. See, i haven't posted here in years. I stopped growing for a long time due to the risk where i lived and family issues.

An old friend of mine from this forum (Krome) told me that the growing scene has changed and that everyone is just looking to make an easy buck. I didn't know just how right he was until now.

See, back when i used to post here (9-10 years ago) people helped each other out and we all had a good time. I don't remember anyone crying because i made a post about clones being expensive.

lol @ hundred or THOUSANDS of dollars for one clone. If you charge thousands for one clone, you're a scumbag, plain and simple.

Clones can keep being made in large quantities easily so it's not like they sell it once and it's gone. Think even if they had 20-30 plants that they can keep taking clones from, that's a lot of money even at $50 each.

Also, let's not act like the people selling the clones for a lot of money are the people who grew the cut, so THEY didn't put in any work or "Nutrients, electricity, seeds, rental". Not sure what rent has to do with growing anyways since you have to live somewhere even if you don't grow. And seeds? Really? Omg! the poor grower spent some money on seeds so therefore the clones are worth thousands each, duh you idiots!

I'll admit, $50 isn't too bad and i'd actually pay that much for a good clone, but hundreds or thousands? That's ridiculous and i'm surprised so many people on here are supporting that type of crap, unless of course you guys are the ones doing it in the first place.

Quit bitchin bro. Around 1999 2000 we paid 5000 for a tray of og kush in the valley. The first cut was 5000, the rest were free lol. That clone is still in my preserve and paid for itself with the first 8200 dollar pound i sold. Now its 1500 to 1800 but the game has changed.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Here is a tip, go buy mimosa or purple punch seeds.Or white rhino if you are after my own favorites lol. Bluberry hash plant is good too. Personal experience, hso blueberry headband too....

Last edited: