What's new

Golf

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i'll just let you play through.

haven't played since last year, they haven't opened for public just members on the better
course near here.
don't really play that well, but getting to take my grandson is below par lol see what i did there?
would love to golf with ya Babbabud, nothing but time.

bigAl25

Veteran
Played with my son today, He burns one during round, I save mine for after the round is over. Early morning tee time worked out great before the heat and humidity show up in the afternoon. When the weather broke we have been able to play 4 times so far this spring and should get in another round later this week before thunderstorms in the PM. Just ordered 5 dozen of found, refinished ProVs for $83. A good deal since we lose balls in the heather on our local links type course. Hit em straight and stay in the fairway, that's my advice. OH, and my son can hit the ball farther than his 67 year old dad.

cowboyman

I play golf every weekend on Saturday or Sunday with my hole family. Now I am waiting for the end of the quarantine...

cowboyman

I play golf every weekend on Saturday or Sunday with my whole family. Now I am waiting for the end of the quarantine... So tired of this coronavirus. I know some of you will tell me that I actually can play golf on a court because they are opened, but the problem is that I live alone in Chicago and my family lives out of town. I just can’t take this risk to infect my closely related people. Right now I am sitting at home and reading different articles on such websites as https://www.windtreegolf.com/best-starter-golf-clubs/.
Added some information, cause I had not time to type everything that day ;)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been playing a few days a week. As of late ive played a few rounds by myself, starting to find that relaxed place and scores are getting a little better. Always looking for someone that wants to go play 18.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I try to play every Sunday afternoon. Broke my foot all up so going to be a few weeks at least. Sucks I was putting lights out and crushing my drive. My wedge game has suffered so going to use my down time to iron that out in the yard. Just hope I remember the driver swing when I get back to it.

I got some LED golf balls and we screwed around with them at night and it's a blast! Ball looks like a tracer round getting blasted off the driver! Highly recommended!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been playing everyday by myself. The weekends i play with my son who hits the ball further then anyone I know. Little hard to hit a great drive and have your son hit his 4 iron past you . Finally getting comfortable playing by myself and my scores are getting better. Its been hard getting myself to slow down when alone , but finally feeling like im getting a feel for it. Its nice to have a playing partner , but also nice to get out alone and just concentrate on your own game. Hope the rest of you golfers have been enjoying the nice weather , im off the course today because of rain , but tomorrow looks great . !!!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Been playing everyday by myself. The weekends i play with my son who hits the ball further then anyone I know. Little hard to hit a great drive and have your son hit his 4 iron past you . Finally getting comfortable playing by myself and my scores are getting better. Its been hard getting myself to slow down when alone , but finally feeling like im getting a feel for it. Its nice to have a playing partner , but also nice to get out alone and just concentrate on your own game. Hope the rest of you golfers have been enjoying the nice weather , im off the course today because of rain , but tomorrow looks great . !!!
:D the pen is mightier than the sword! :D

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Fathers Day Golfers .. hope you get a good round in today ... if not today because of crowds .. then at least a good round this week !!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I been playing lots of golf , I get up early and get all my gardening done. Normally on the course before 8 am trying to beat the heat. Scores are steadily going down , I play with some other older guys .. we play the white tees, when i play with my son and the younger group we always play the blue tees. Anyone else spending time out there ? We are lucky enough to live in a super beautiful area. Golf is always in the "shadow of the mountain " . Super pretty but very tough course 68.4/131 .. cr/slope.

Lets hear from some of you other golfers ... Im just now starting to break into the 80's.. dont have to be good , just have to love the game :) practice practice practice!!!!

sdd420

Veteran
I haven’t been able to get out but hope to get out soon....after a lot of range time haha. I found out I live 3 miles from a course....wish you well and we’ll do it someday right on. Peace sdd420

theclearspot

Hey Babba. Im researching a new driver. I like the TaylorMade M5 . Or the M6. I dunno. Both expensive but my old Callaway big bertha driver is as old as me, ancient?
I played 18 holes a couple of weeks ago .

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought a taylormade M6 from Global Golf in very good condition for about 250 .. it showed up without a scratch on it .. looked like an unused "demo" club... Mine is D style .. Love it

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been playing a lot lately. Had the best first 9 of my life this morning ... was awesome.. just wish i could back it up on the second half !!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man I know I havent posted in here for a while. Ive played pretty steady through the summer , handicap slowly going down. Spent the last month battling a very stiff neck, not sure whats up with that. Still have the sore neck but started to play over the last week. Had some good rounds over the last cpl days .. sore neck and all. Today was the most exciting moment ever on the course for me . I hit a ball 164 yards , with an 8 iron , on a par 3, for a hole in one. One thing is for sure, you dont have to be a good golfer to get a hole in one, just gotta have a moment , man was it fun !! Hope some of you others have been playing , its end of the good weather for a while, lets try to get a few more rounds in first . Thanks for listening :)

bigAl25

Veteran
Fuzzy Zeller's Champions Pointe, Sultan's Run, Christmas Lake, The Bridges, Cambridge, even the lowly Thunderbolt Pass played multiple times this year. Hell even played Victoria National this week courtesy of Tropicana. I've lost 20 yards per club because of the baggie of urine hanging off my belly( bladder cancer survivor). Just club the hell up and enjoy this great game outdoors. Fall golf here is wonderful if they keep the fucking leaves off the fairway. You can't imagine how healing it is to get back on the course with your friends, wife, sons after 3 operations and a summer of chemotherapy last year. Hit them straight and keep them in the fairways. Taylor made irons, cobra drivers and fairway woods along with refinished ProVs ( half price of new ones). My martini tee has lasted all season.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Oh man I know I havent posted in here for a while. Ive played pretty steady through the summer , handicap slowly going down. Spent the last month battling a very stiff neck, not sure whats up with that. Still have the sore neck but started to play over the last week. Had some good rounds over the last cpl days .. sore neck and all. Today was the most exciting moment ever on the course for me . I hit a ball 164 yards , with an 8 iron , on a par 3, for a hole in one. One thing is for sure, you dont have to be a good golfer to get a hole in one, just gotta have a moment , man was it fun !! Hope some of you others have been playing , its end of the good weather for a while, lets try to get a few more rounds in first . Thanks for listening :)

hole in one!!!
congratulations

sdd420

Veteran

Congratulations on your hole in one!

bigAl25

Veteran
My bad, Babbabud, I got so wrapped up in listing the courses we played this season I forgot to congratulate you on your hole in one. Great job, What ball did you use for the shot. Mine was a Titleist on a par 3 with a 5 wood. Again congrats Save the ball and scorecard, frame it in a box for loving remembrance later.