What's new

Gnomes New Bloom Room

the gnome

Veteran
Merry Xmas Gnome.....Wanted ta stop in and show respect for a job well done....Anxious to see how the room progresses....now....backta tendin turkeys and hams on da smoker.....

Good luck....DHF....
ying.gif

the words are much appreciated,
a lot of top shelf input from the IC' family went into it :smoke:

enjoy friends, family and feast DHF! :pie:

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gnomie said: "a lot of thought went into the door,
even before I built the room...
all through the build it was constantly on my mind.
i thought of a std. entry door but it lacked the insulative value.
I'm running R-40 in the walls and ceiling
plus you can easily kick it in.
what i really wanted was a walkin cooler door,
insulated, sturdy as hell too!
but the $1200-$1800 price tags was too much at this stage.

when i decided not buying a door and using the cut out wall panel and making the door myself it was a pretty straight forward process.
it was the sealing part that took thought, and one of the most critical parts of the build,
with the numbers in the room and the stank that would be in there this had to be dead on perfect."

Hey Gnomie, Merry Christmas. When you get a chance please post here or on my thread about your "door search". I am most keen to learn of your research and what you considered. I had not even thought of using a freezer door. Intriguing idea.

I have two doors right now that I'm just starting to think about how I want to handle them. Front door is definitely DIY and will be near last to do. My door selection from the studio into the FR/VR however will need to be resolved very soon. I need it to be airtight and securable (i.e. lock the motherf*cker up tight). So any tips you have or what you looked at and why you didn't do it (er, I'm spending some cash for sure but the door expense above is obviously a deal breaker)

Oh - edited this post to add that the door from studio to FR/VR (where the lights are) HAS to be fire rated for 90 minutes minimum. However I want something even more safe than that if I can get it for a reasonable expense. Would like a 2 or 3 hour rating or all metal and unburnable... I want any fire to be contained in its compartment where I can extinguish it or have it smother/smoke itself out.

the gnome

Veteran
McKush... here's a good post on security and secure doors... if there is such a thing.
its a good must read imo if it's on yer mind :smoke:

security

Last edited:

papaduc

Veteran
How's life Gnome. All the best mate.

It's a sick job you've done in there man. Really nice.

I come over because of your post about VPD and the problems you were having with some of your plants. Have you got any close up pictures to show exactly what is happening and where about on the plant?

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HEY G

HEY G

Beautiful plants and great set up!
I follow with interest this new room :lurk:
Excuse me what is the strain lineage?

the gnome

Veteran
How's life Gnome. All the best mate.

It's a sick job you've done in there man. Really nice.

I come over because of your post about VPD and the problems you were having with some of your plants. Have you got any close up pictures to show exactly what is happening and where about on the plant?

thanks papaduc,
I'm eXtremely pleased with this new room
I posted about the vpd back in Kcars infirmary thread

Beautiful plants and great set up!
I follow with interest this new room
lurk.gif

Excuse me what is the strain lineage?

big thanks lovekush,
I still get an adrenalin rush when i open the door.
my keeper strains are
mosca Tsi Fly
CSG chemmy jones
secret recipe= diesel#1 x abusive kush X chembx2(sire)
and gage green's Liea OG
unfortunately i lost my irreplaceable killer queen kush(rez)

I need more variety so from see i have
Mosca's old time Chem4 and C99BX1
CSG strawberry dogshit.... what a name eh?
i call it strawdog
BOG sour bubble and his medley mix BMR-SSK and lifesaver

plus i have my own cross in there from a secret recipe male to my KQK, 1st run so I'm excited to see what comes out of the hat

Great job - awesome pics and descriptions. Thanks for taking the time to post all this!

thanks bad habits
a lot of $$$, sweat, and I spent 2-1/2months of 7day a week 12+ hours a day working on it.
can't wait til my 1st harvest early march!!

I know peeps want budshots bud
but a few more pics in veg...
its always nice to look back in bloom to see the plants pre-bud

here's the clones that were mere 18" sticks with tufts of green on top...11-20
picture.php

from seed
picture.php

sour bubble...
oh yeah!
picture.php

this is my 1st try at pollen chuckin.....
kqk x secret recipe
picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
McKush... here's a good post on security and secure doors... if there is such a thing.
its a good must read imo if it's on yer mind :smoke:

security

Hey Gnomie,

Re: doors. I may look into commercial salvage yards still also. But looks like the Home Despot has a line of metal doors by L.I.F. industries that would fit the bill. all metal and 90min fire rating. A bit expensive and you also have to by a transition kit for the door way floor. Shipping on it too isn't very funny.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Doors-Windows-Doors/LIF-Industries/N-5yc1vZas82Z775

The security aspect of that door is minimal to me. I have to be able to use at least one cylinder lock, but prefererably two locks to get in. Observation window would be sweet too.

Looks like 4 bills plus shipping, and plus a transition kit. 6 out the door. argh. fucking money man on a motorcycle time for me, bills flapping off of me as I ride by.

the gnome

Veteran
Wow, those are some DEEP serrations on those vegging girls!

the 3rd pic is sour bubble...
it always steals the show with huge prehistoric*jurrasic* fans*
last pic is my own cross, 1st run.
doesn't she looks promising :) :canabis:

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi gnome,

How goes the room?

I'm off the door wagon btw. last floor plan change I decided to do what you did and just build the door to my dimensions and specs. I'll put cement board on the FR side which will make it plenty fire resistant I hope. serious fire would probably burn thru the seals but I'll try the pond liner first.

DIY door has to knock $500 off of what I was planning.

Any recent pics of your room? Very nice up above there, great room you got going.

the gnome

Veteran
hey McK,
been busy taking care of things,
way different from the 2000w gardens I'm use to.
no pics,
peeps wanna see buds so when they come along I'll get on it.

soooooo.... last time i checked your still digging in the same damn hole started 2 months ago??? :laughing:
good to hear ya gots your door settled out, 500beanerz is
500beanerz that'll surely get spent in a new york minute on other things needed for your room...
its like its a fooking money pit once you start the *new gro room* project.
everyone Ive seen is saying the same thing after a few months
funds are getting low,,,,
this is costing more than I thought.....
I'll have to go cheaper on the <fill in the blank> till I get mo money in da bank....
and my personal fav....

I didn't plan on that!

hey McK,
been busy taking care of things,
way different from the 2000w gardens I'm use to.
no pics,
peeps wanna see buds so when they come along I'll get on it.

its like its a fooking money pit once you start the *new gro room* project.
everyone Ive seen is saying the same thing after a few months
funds are getting low,,,,
this is costing more than I thought.....
I'll have to go cheaper on the <fill in the blank> till I get mo money in da bank....
and my personal fav....

I didn't plan on that!

Hey, I'm interested in seeing more than just bud shots! :biggrin: I'd love to see more pics any time.

This post really hit the nail on the head for me though, for better or worse. I'm only just getting started on my project, but so far everything I've initially budgeted has already been exceeded. When the hell did everything get so damn expensive?!?

Not to mention all the things I didn't even think of popping up!

I think I'm gonna be living on credit cards for awhile once the room is completed... Gonna have to pinch those pennies!

Hope the transition into flowers goes smoothly mate.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Bad & Gnomie - Construction materials have gone off the hook. every time I've gone and got building materials I've spent 300+, 400+, 200+.... My 20+ year old air compressor did not survive the trip down the hill to my room either -> new air compressor. Needed to do framing and local pawn stores suck... so new pneumatic nailer... Had to make some metal cuts and got tired of hacksaws, etc... -> new chop saw. couldn't get some screws into metal joist hangers like I needed to so I bought a right angled attachment....

I've rarely regretted buying good/needed tools...don't now either.

Now I'm going overboard I know. If you look at my current floor structure you would agree, but also you would get a kick out of what I've worked up too. Not an easy build for sure and its gotten to be more of a hobby/past time for me, so its almost like it doesn't want to get finished now. (i need to wrap it up by close of business February so I can move on..) Honestly, I've always enjoyed driving over flying and to me, its the journey that counts sometimes more than the destination. this is all to get me (hopefully) the best 2K'ish type of room I can make. This is my man cave of sorts, a nice place to relax, grow plants and listen/make music.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Gnome ..... Great thread. Hellacious Growroom. ..... subbed

McKush and interested parties: For lining the room, take a look at HD, for fiberglass 4'x8' panels. About 1/4" thick, semi flexible, Waterproof, either pebbled finish or smooth reversible, available in White. These are used in commercial bathrooms, refrigerated trailers, walk-in coolers, etc. $35 each last I looked. Normally affixed to metal studs with pop-rivetes. Can be screwed on as well. Way easier than tile and still sanitary.

Door seals? Take a look at automotive 'door gaskets' tubular for the seal, and often have a flange/rib attached for easy installation.

Just food for thought.

In case I didn't say it before. GREAT THREAD with lots of really good info.

the gnome

Veteran
thanks 2LC,
great Idea on the auto door gaskets.
hoping the seals i have now handle the odor, its only $6 to replace em :)
if my pipe insulation doesn't cut it I'll definitely check into those auto door gaskets.
I kno they pretty tuff stuff.

I finally got everything situated and into bloom 10 days ago...
a few weeks later than I wanted so a few got a bit bigger than expected.

buy hey....
nuthin wrong with 6ft Sour Bubble imo :bigeye:

:dance013:
picture.php

Buddler

Veteran
Wow! Gnome you got some trees going picture of perfect health good on ya ,fruits of your hard labour..Respect B..

the gnome

Veteran
thanks buddler.....Mc K

Sour Bubble is one extreme plant with it's unique structure.
potent as fook too.
there's another SB pheno in the room and i have clones.
I may do up 1/2 the room with it in the spring or early summer runs
if you went back in time to the jurassic age I bet this is what cannabis looked like...

:plant grow:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts