What's new

Gnarls Barkley..Anyone Heard of Em? Do you Like Gnarls Barkley?

I Used To Grow

I just picked up St Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley and I have to say it's some fresh music! The songs might be kinda short but they're all awesome.

I first heard "Crazy" last week on XM and told myself I need to get this album. I'm glad I did because it's a great album.

Now if they would only come and play in Colorado I'd be very pleased.

I'm hooked on Gnarls Barkley..I got "Crazy" stuck in my head now and I like it!

Anyone else like these guys? Don't be scurrd!

I Used To Grow

My favorite songs off St Elsewhere are: Crazy
The Boogie Man
Smiley Faces
Just A Thought
and some other ones I can't think of the names right now though.

B

BeAn

Crazy is a good track, but i wouldnt buy the album TBH.. :joint:

Stay cool man..

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Is it better than Pat Boone in a metal mood?

boone.jpg

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Yeah I just heard of him on Sirius :p

His vocal style reminds me of Al Green, anyways.. I was riding around with the wifey with "Crazy" on repeat. :) She was diggin it.

G

yea gnarls is alright. they consist of producer danger mouse, with cee-lo from goodie mob. personally i think they were better off seperate from each other, but one man's trash is another man's treasure.

if you guys like gnarls that much, you should check out "cee-lo green is the soul machine".

if you like the hip-hop more, check out danger mouse & jemini "ghetto pop life", quality shit i promise!

I Used To Grow

sweet..I will be checkin out Cee Lo solo and Danger Mouse and Jemini.

I already knew who both Cee Lo and Danber Mouse were but then a few months ago I heard they formed Gnarls Barkley and was like "Sweet!".

The other track I couldn't think of is called "Feng Shui"..it's a short ass song but it's cool.

On Friday I was over at my cousin's house drinking a shit load of beer and liquor when I put on Gnarls..everyone was like "Who is this?"..one guy that was there knew who it was and was diggin it so I kept it on for a few songs. Then some girl came up to the stereo and started changing songs until she found one she liked...PARTY FOUL! I just went up to her and told her to give me my Gnarls back. It was way better than listening to country though.

G

It was ok at 1st but now thanks to MTV and radio power play of that song 'crazy'

..Oh man i get pissed off every time i hear that fuckin song..

:wave:

G

yea i don't typically follow mtv/radio music because it typically sucks for everyone but teenyboppers and emo kids. i don't think that gnarls really fits into the popular genre but, i guess it's what the suits feel like they should market.

does anyone else feel that their music will begin to decline in quality because they're getting recognition? once i've seen the shit on tv, or heard it on the radio, or hear some fucking yuppies talking about it, i just know it's going downhill.

FUCKING POP MUSIC SHOULD DIE!

treble

heya.... love the gnarls..... thought it was Niles for like months... must be the accent....Danger mouse and the crew are pretty hot here on alt stations... won't get airtime main stream here for 6 months at least.... thasss cool wif me ...they don't deserve good music N E how.

treb

GoodbyeBlueSky

I Used To Grow said:
I'm hooked on Gnarls Barkley..I got "Crazy" stuck in my head now and I like it!

if i ever hear that song again i think i'll retch... another boring, 'flash in the pan', pop, crap, bs, 'artist of the week' to deal with...

at least when it was Britney or someone along those lines there was eye candy...

what ever happened to music as an art form... hello??? INNOVATION?? ORIGINALITY??? HELLO?? ANYONE... so very little of that going on today...

basically... if this song had come out... oh, let's say 20 years ago. then it would have been interesting, fresh and new... but now it just sounds like the same recycled crap... i can do without it...

GoodbyeBlueSky

hey buddy... without counter opinions it's just a bunch of losers jerking each other off...

i know there's plenty of people who don't like the music i listen to... that's okay, and they're quite a vocal bunch... so don't think i can't appreciate your lashing out... just accept that not everyone shares your taste in music and move on... otherwise you're far too thin skinned for internet message boards...

unless, of course, my opinion is somehow less valid than your own... though i don't think that's your line of thinking... to each his own right?

no hard feelings...

Last edited:

sMack-CFS!

Ill agree that they were better off on their own.

Anyone hwo hasnt heard it before, check out DJ Danger Mouse's "The Grey Album", which is Jay-Z's black album, except he remixed the entire Beatles' "White Album".

SO SICK.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
Danger mouse id good ... that gnarls barkley is on an advert over here and nope its not that good ... Im kinda with GBBS on this one ... it's pretty much recyling .. lol except its from something people didn't really like the first time .... not to rain on your parade but I dont like it ...

Latest posts

Latest posts