What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germany to legalize cannabis

Cuddles

Today was the signing for the new CanG, the german cannabis law. The paint is dry! There is no way back germany is green. :rasta:

Sorry its an official german paper and there is no english version yet.
well this is great news, thank you! :) But what does it mean in terms of legal stuff and laws, can it be easily changed again or is it valid forever I wonder.

Does anybody know the (new) details, as in - number of plants at home etc. Have they slipped in any mean BUTs?

Uludag

Does anybody know the (new) details, as in - number of plants at home etc.

-50 gramm at home
-you can carry 25 gramm outside with you
-3 Plants at home

Cannabis is also no longer a drug and you dont need a drug prescription from the doctor anymore. So it will be a lot more easy to get medical weed also.

can it be easily changed again or is it valid forever I wonder.

There will be some kind of evaluation if parts of the new law work as intended or not. I think the first real evaluation is after 1,5 years, but there is also hope we can fight for even better laws. Since yeah grow 3 plantz but dont keep more than 50g of it at home i mean thats shitty. Yeah there are many buts. But im anyway damn impressed never thought that will happen in germany ever. :rasta:

Hasch

learning and laughing
can it be easily changed again or is it valid forever I wonder.
That is a very good question imo.
I think many smokers are thinking about that.

The political opposition has already declared that they intend to role the law back as much as possible should they come into power.
September 2025 is their first chance...

Cuddles

That is a very good question imo.
I think many smokers are thinking about that.

The political opposition has already declared that they intend to role the law back as much as possible should they come into power.
September 2025 is their first chance...
The next general election, huh. Maybe that´s why the opposition made it so difficult and prolonged the new law- so people don´t have time to adjust and learn to accept it?

But I reckon that if the cannabis community in Germany behaves sensibly enough and acts mature about it all ie not go overboard , then others can´t complain about it, right? ;)
I guess what I´m saying is: Don´t give the nay-sayers any reason to complain. Don´t give them any ammunition :)

But I bet come next week there will be a nice weed scent all over Germany anyway ! :biglaugh:
:joint: :biggrin:

Uludag

I guess what I´m saying is: Don´t give the nay-sayers any reason to complain. Don´t give them any ammunition :)

I think really important is that kids and underage teens dont smoke. A big part why we got the legalization is to have better opportunities to protect children and to have clean weed. black market usually dont checks for ID card or quality control, protection for youths etc.. But i think also overall you are right we need to behave good in public. Maybe yes it will smell here and there but in the end i mean cmon, in amsterdam or barcelona its also smelling and who cares in the end, just dont provoke people with your joint and smoke or something like that.
Germans will get used to it i hope, it will become normal.