What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

genetic verification testing?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
does anyone know of labs offering genetic sequencing tests for verifying elite clone only identification in the usa? if someone wanted see if their gsc was the forum or if you had the original sour diesel etc? sc labs says they will offer it soon but are there other labs?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I can't see how a home test kit would work to be honest. There would be too many subtle differences in genes for a simple test to analyse. Surely at best it would be a home sample kit to take clean genetic samples with for sending off for a full genome reading. The cost would be too much for a non commercial operation.
Could be of value to dispensaries though.

Edit, somehow misread that as a home service sorry. Phylos does it don't they?

Last edited:

romanoweed

yeah, would be actually very attractive to get free testing trough phylos.. One Thing i would love to doo is make multiple crosses outside with pollen brush, then while planting next season, send a Young leaf to them and know by summer if you acidentally mixed up Genetics cause flying pollens from neighbour plant... ? Would that work?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yes, but their free period is over. They charge per test now I believe.

nahual

hard to trust their testing for me. saw ms jill post up her results, everything came back as G13?