What's new

genetic differnces between an IBL and S1

kathmandu

i have a simple question maybe someone with breeding experience can answer....

lets say you have an IBL. when you cross the males and females of the IBL, the offspring should be pretty much all similar, right, cause its an IBL.
So how would the offspring differ when, from the same IBL strain as above you take a female but this time reverse its sex, to create a male, then use that pollen to pollinate another female from the same IBL.
if you grew these seeds out would they be the exact same as the other normal IBL's or would they maybe have mutations or lack certain genetics, resulting in different growth, smell, thc, etc?

i have been wondering this because there seem to be alot fo people that think plants like bubba kush MAYBE came from and is an IBL.

Last edited:

skar

nice question kathmandu, i'm waitin with you for an answer !

i think Mr Gratefullhead will shime in, he know well this type of things.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Depends on how Homogeneous the IBL is. If they are then they should all be the same as the parents.

-SamS

Deeyou

kathmandu said:
i have a simple question maybe someone with breeding experience can answer....

lets say you have an IBL. when you cross the ales and females of the IBL the offspring should be pretty much all similar, right?
So how would the offspring differ when you take an IBL, a female, and reverse its sex, to create a male, then use the pollen from that male to pollinate a female IBL?
if you grew these seeds out would they be the exact same as the other IBL's or would they maybe have mutations or lack certain genetics, resulting in different growth, smell, thc, etc?

i have been wondering this because there seem to be alot fo people that think plants like bubba kush MAYBE came from and is an IBL.

You will most likely have herme traits that carry over if you do it this way

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am not sure I understand the question, but yes if a male or a female that has hermi genes in it and is sexualy transformed to the opposite sex they still will have hermi genes that will be transmitted to the progeny.

-SamS

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
I am not sure I understand the question, but yes if a male or a female that has hermi genes in it and is sexualy transformed to the opposite sex they still will have hermi genes that will be transmitted to the progeny.

-SamS

Thanks Sam

What we mean is;

Does a reverse / intersex male like this one :

,,produce male, female, or hermaphroditic, dominant off-spring??

Likewise, which direction would the sexuality of any reverse sex sepals pollinated as a result of this hermaphrodite/reverse sex male produce?

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
G

isnt it if you forced a female to male....then used that pollen on another female...the seeds will all be female?
i have all female seeds from a strawberryCoughxBeast>>>about 40 seeds popped no females, yet...
came from one lonely male flower on the SC>>>but it pollinated another plant...
gave me all female seeds...
isnt that how you make all female seeds....reversal and secondary pollination..?
i KNOW if that pollen pollinates its self...its all bad...all kinds of hermi...
but, pollen hermi or forced>>>on another plant...all female?
sorry if this goes away from the first Q...just curious

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im not sure i understand this correctly but what he says is that you can use STS to make males into females and not just females into producing male flowers? ( of course assuming that there was no hermie genes in the males and females that where treated with STS)

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Do you mean the plant was female and reversed but came out looking intersexed? I don't know if the reversal was partial or what. If it is a partial reverse I dont see the problem using the male pollen. As long as the female to be reversed to male does not have hermi genes, (do you ever see male flowers on the female clone? Can you make them with stress?) because then you are passing them on to their progeny.

-SamS

kathmandu

in the question above was referring to forcing a female into a male with the use of colloidal silver or sts.
not natural accuring hermie tendences.

D

Dalaihempy

kathmandu

They were offering them a few years ago and people found lots of diffrences in each seed germed bubba is not an ibl it is a phino of a hybreed .

Like sam sed if its from a pure or ibl that expresses no diffrences in each seed then you wont see a diffrence if its a hybreeds even if its some what stable im sure you will see a lot.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Correct, if you can stress your female clone to express male flowers then it has hermi genes. Using STS or other chemicals to express male flowers on a female clone that will not show male flowers under stress should give hermi free, pollen that can give all female seed.

-SamS

Last edited:

kathmandu

thanks sam and dalai, i that pretty much answers my question.
is it a possibiity to get a few males everynow and then from seeds produced by reversing sex?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not if the reversed females used for pollen and seeds is free of hermi genes. If they have hermi genes, and most do, then it could happen.

-SamS

If a female's late banana pollen hits another female, will that result in purely to mostly hermaphroditic offspring, or female seeds with hermaphroditic tendencies that may not show in all seeds?

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yes if a female plant can make male flowers then it had hermi traits that can be inherited in some or all of its progeny.

-SamS

J

jws0007

So if you had an IBL that is prone to hermi under stress should you use stress to produce polen or would the chemicals be a better/prefered way? Would the stressed seeds have a higher % herm?

Last edited: