What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Genetic Anomalies

T

TheForgotten

Are these variations of the same gene corruption?

Afghan Indica from Vancouver Island....

Freak pheno, had a younger twin that i killed off when it hesitated growing at 2 inches tall
I wanna flower it to see if the buds are freaky as well. Plant has a funky odor to it....

picture.php

Incandescant lighting....

picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

Split leaf....

picture.php

The opposite side the leaf in the same position grew under....

picture.php

T

TheForgotten

This one looks pretty normal other than the color is mottled, lighter on sections of leaves....

picture.php

T

TheForgotten

This plant has a very slight growth abberation, but the color thing, this plant looks shiny, almost a silvery aapearance.

picture.php

Slight growth anomaly

picture.php

Leaf grew out of petiole instead of apical meristem, but grew a petiole (due to location?)....

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

This is from a different strain (all the others were from the same one), one is Afghani the other is an Afghani cross fron Holland.... hmmmmm

picture.php

T

TheForgotten

Sweet Tooth pheno has 8 bladed leaf on one side, and 5 on the other, this seedling looked retarded when it sprouted....

picture.php

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mutations/anomalies are somewhat common. As long as they are healthy and happy, grow them out!! Nice to have something a little different.
To me, they look great, no nutrient stress or cramped area. Good luck!!

T

TheForgotten

Mutations/anomalies are somewhat common. As long as they are healthy and happy, grow them out!! Nice to have something a little different.
To me, they look great, no nutrient stress or cramped area. Good luck!!

Thank you sir.
I didn't know they are common. I'm interested to see what comes of them.....

T

TheForgotten

One of the Afghans is trifoliate....
Curious to see if this survives cloning, as the plant didn't start out this way....

picture.php

hellfire

Meristem split and trifoliate I noticed in an Australian seed I had. The male was self topping and stacked nodes, it grew thick stem and dense leaf coverage. I wonder if these traits in females produce the fasciated buds.

Are these all from the same line, the Afghani? Inbreeding depression? Was a mutant male used? Dunno but I am curious...seems these things pop up more consistently in regional heirlooms and landrace varieties.

Cool pics :tiphat:

T

TheForgotten

Are these all from the same line, the Afghani?

Cool pics :tiphat:
Yes, all from the Afghani....
there are various weird traits, the one above, some were trifoliate, one normal plant became a trifoliate, another has normal branches on one side and tiny little ones on the other....

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Strawberry Glue that had the twin leaf thing - single main stem then split at the midrib.

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

How old wer your starting seeds forgotten...sometimes very old seeds come out abit twisted or wrinkley...another thought is if ordered from another country the package may have been put through some form of radiation...I say this because you seem to be experiencing anomalies on alot of stock...

T

TheForgotten

I have no way of knowing how old.... great germination rate, and they are local seeds, not imported.
i'm thinking this line has bern inbred too much????