What's new

GAVITA Pro 1000 DE

N

noyd666

my area about 5x5 as in feet, covering that and outside plants are doing well, only 2'6'' of top of canopy some are closer, been there about 12 days.at 1000 watts.

N

noyd666

about 2'foot of light at 1000 watt, a bit of light bleaching on that leaf.standing on ladder here,lol. these about 2'6'' still ok might turn down to 825?

What's interesting about that is that the sun system air cooled reflector has the best readings which is strange because I was under the impression that bulbs didn't perform aswell when cooled but that p.a.r test would suggest the opposite??
Any thoughts?

dojoking

What's interesting about that is that the sun system air cooled reflector has the best readings which is strange because I was under the impression that bulbs didn't perform aswell when cooled but that p.a.r test would suggest the opposite??
Any thoughts?

Here ya go,

"The first air cooled reflector for double ended 1000w lamps. Designed so air doesn't flow over the lamp, but instead through a cavity between the reflector housing and reflective aluminum. Cools via convection."

http://growershouse.com/ac-de-8inch-double-ended-air-cooled-reflector

Here ya go,

"The first air cooled reflector for double ended 1000w lamps. Designed so air doesn't flow over the lamp, but instead through a cavity between the reflector housing and reflective aluminum. Cools via convection."

http://growershouse.com/ac-de-8inch-double-ended-air-cooled-reflector

Their just so damn BIG!

I still think the adjust a wings with the DE bulbs are the best. Im using those and the Gavitas and the ePapillions. I rank them as follows. I am only in week 3 of flower with all of them. The plants under the Gavitas most definitely had the most shock. I had them at 36" above canopy and at 750w. That was much too much for them. I since have put them at 4ft and 600w for the transition for the first week.

1. DE Adjust a Wing
2. ePapillion
3. Gavita

MIway

Veteran
Any thoughts?

i'm curious from where they measured 24", 36", etc... is that bottom of bulb to canopy top, or bottom of fixture? could be several inches diff between hoods, which will effect the reading by a lot.

which way is the bulb/hood oriented over the grid? is it uniform?

why use the cheapest magnetic ballast possible for a comparison against the most expensive digi's?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I am not sure if anyone has posted a link to this test w/ the Gavita Pro, Magnum XXXL, Epapillion, Adjust-A-Wings, and Sun System AC DE reflectors but. I looked all the way back to page 23.

Anyways, the Sun System AC Double Ended reflector is doing some work in a 4'x4' space.

Check it out http://growershouse.com/images/DE_TEST_INFOGRAPHIC.pdf

The only thing I can really take from that is that if you are growing in a 4x4 area the SS would be a good choice.

Means nothing as far as lighting a room. I'm guessing if I tried to span my 12' wide room with 2(as I do with Gav) of the SS it would pale in comparison to Gavita's or E-Pap's.

Any thoughts?

Well the Ac/de isnt really passing air across the bulb is the logic. more heat evacuation than cooling the bulb.

BCNeil

The only thing I can really take from that is that if you are growing in a 4x4 area the SS would be a good choice.

Means nothing as far as lighting a room. I'm guessing if I tried to span my 12' wide room with 2(as I do with Gav) of the SS it would pale in comparison to Gavita's or E-Pap's.

That's sort of what I was thinking. If someone has a setup that uses some sort of regular 1000w hps lights, with whatever hood.

Then they simply swap out all their fixtures for any of the DE setups. Runs them at 1000watts, chances are its going to be too much light. The Gavita obviously puts out a more rectangular spread of about 4 by 6 feet. The SS seems more square. Its got over 2000 PAR. A 4 by 4 area is about 1.5 square meters. Its too bright.

These DE bulbs are the cats meow. Everyone just needs to consider how they will work for them. What sort of modifications to their grow will need to be made.

You get these guys putting gavitas in 4 by 4 tents, cranking them up to 1150, 18 inches from the canopy, then blaming the lighting company.

I have gavita pro 600's is there anything that will allow me to run them on a 120v
outlet? Like is there any sort of light timer or anything that I could buy that I could plug the lights into and then that device plugs in a 120 outlet to allow them to run? I am moving soon and have to figure out whether or not I need to purchase new lights or not as there will not be a way for me to run my gavitas. Right now I plug them into a light timer which is connected to a 30 am line but I won't have that option where I am moving. Any help is greatly appreciated.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have gavita pro 600's is there anything that will allow me to run them on a 120v
outlet? Like is there any sort of light timer or anything that I could buy that I could plug the lights into and then that device plugs in a 120 outlet to allow them to run? I am moving soon and have to figure out whether or not I need to purchase new lights or not as there will not be a way for me to run my gavitas. Right now I plug them into a light timer which is connected to a 30 am line but I won't have that option where I am moving. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Atlantic, there are things called step up transformers... However, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Get a new circuit in the new location or change fixtures.

is it theoretically possible? progbably, I think there is a clear safety issue with the scheme tho.

I'm no double E, but here is how I see it:
a 120V 15Amp circuit can provide 1,800 watts of power and no more. VxA=W (power). Generally speaking stepping up the voltage means the amperage goes down (unless someone has cracked this thing called physics wide open, and I missed the article in People magazine...) The gavita 500 uses 2.7A input at 240. so something like at least 5.4 input amps would be needed plus lossess for the step up yada yada.

keep in mind, in loose terms, you are paying for amperage not volts. Volts are free, amperage costs money. now you have an input of 6Amps or more to run that light, I think doubling your running costs and creating a safety risk for you and all those you love and don't love around you.

I didn't do any google searches for you. Maybe I will be surprised but I'd rather you get a new light than burn your next domicile to the ground for the sake of doubling your running costs...

I am using 600W Gavita complete fixtures. Since I want to add another 2 tables (1.2m x 1.2m each), I am thinking abou to buy the newly released 750W gavita complete fixtures. But now that I found this test in the net, I am questioning the HR96- reflector. I know, its so easy to alienate me.... But do you guys take this test serious?

I mean, I also always believed that a squared shape of a reflector is more logical to me, exactly like the one of the Gavita plasma lamp, but not the HR96, when we talk about even light distribution over a typical area that matters for growers.....therefor I could understand if the sunsystem boss is the most efficient and even-distributing reflector....

Mister_D

Veteran

Like Mckush said this can be accomplished with transformers, but to do it safely will cost you as much as new lights. You'd also end up using more power as the transformers aren't 100% efficient. Either get new lights, or run a 220v circuit from the breaker box.

FatherEarth

Veteran
I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone using a quantum light meter with their Gavitas.

I just put up half of a Dozen Gavita Pro 1000 fixtures, and took some readings with my apogee meter.
I was first surprised how strong the lights were reading then noticed my overlap was just about right approaching approx 1200 micromols @ 3 feet off the light.

I was curious if anyone has got the spacing on point and been able to get a uniform 1000 umol canopy coverage?
If so, how was far apart did you space and how about your readings around the perimeter?

Any tips on spacing a dozen in a 19 x 19' space?

Thanks in advance.

Respect,

FE

I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone using a quantum light meter with their Gavitas.

I just put up half of a Dozen Gavita Pro 1000 fixtures, and took some readings with my apogee meter.
I was first surprised how strong the lights were reading then noticed my overlap was just about right approaching approx 1200 micromols @ 3 feet off the light.

I was curious if anyone has got the spacing on point and been able to get a uniform 1000 umol canopy coverage?
If so, how was far apart did you space and how about your readings around the perimeter?

Any tips on spacing a dozen in a 19 x 19' space?

Thanks in advance.

Respect,

FE

I keep mine 4ft off the canopy personally and cover 1.5 4x8 tables with each

I wonder what Whazzup is doing these days... ~working hard for the money Im sure~ ;)

Despite numerous attempts to communicate with Gavita Holland, they simply lack the skills to advise Gavita fixture advice in more practical situations :/

Whassup seems to be the only person from Gavita who speaks 'laymans' when it comes to Gavita's... but if he is unavailable, perhaps some members here may know?

I have a 1.2m x 1.2m tent (and scrog table) with a Gavita Pro 600w SE Fixture.
At what height do I need to be above the tops to achieve 1000umol for that area?

I also have a 1.2m x 2.4m tent (and scrog table) with 2x Gavita Pro 600w SE Fixtures.
At what height do I need to be above the tops to achieve 1000umol and what distance between the lights?

And of course 1 more tent... 1.2m x 2.4m (and scrog table) with a Gavita Pro 1000w DE Fixture.
Same questions as above.

Gavita always has this thing with "wall losses" and "overlap" which confuses the normal grower as we have always been led to believe that reflective walls are good? I dont understand how this could be a negative?

I appreciate the technical, but Gavita needs to lay it out simply for growers that have grow tents and dont use PFP meters.

Just give it to me nice and simple... gavita @ this height = this footprint at 1000umol, no need to be ultra technical ;)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts