What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Funny Pictures Are Funny

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1likxtgcjaem.png

Dime

Not funny but cool. This went down the St Clair River at work today in Ontario Ca. It wasn't under it's own power and being towed by 2 tugboats. It will be going to Lake Erie then Lake Ontario to Quebec to the St Lawrence Seaway to get repaired and detailed in Ottawa or Quebec someone told me and then displayed as a museum piece. If anyone is interested here are a cple links.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
prisons for animals that committed no crimes...
we have one close by that only takes animals that cannot be returned to the wild. got deer, hawks and owls unable to fly, bobcats, snakes that were injured and brought in. not ALL zoos are horrible places that work or abuse their charges. many are educational in nature via school groups & research on the animals involved. their exposure of rare and interesting wildlife shows the general public WHY land conservation and travel corridors are so critical. our zoo in Knoxville is/or was a major breeder of tigers, a species clinging to life in the wild and with no excess for zoo displays...

Dime

That may be a reactive countermeasure because the animals that are injured are likely due to humans in one way or another in the first place if even just by displacement,to put animals on display and depriving them from living their life as intended is the problem,for people to burn an afternoon entertaining themselves at the expense of the animals freedom is the issue.

brickweeder

we have one close by that only takes animals that cannot be returned to the wild. got deer, hawks and owls unable to fly, bobcats, snakes that were injured and brought in. not ALL zoos are horrible places that work or abuse their charges. many are educational in nature via school groups & research on the animals involved. their exposure of rare and interesting wildlife shows the general public WHY land conservation and travel corridors are so critical. our zoo in Knoxville is/or was a major breeder of tigers, a species clinging to life in the wild and with no excess for zoo displays...
yeah, my uncle works at a bird rescue place that tries to rehab all types of birds that are in need of repair. Its not a zoo, as they don't put them on display for the general public for an admission price. I saw this one antelope at a zoo when I was a kid, it was on the other side of a fence, laying down with its head on the ground facing the fence. It was motionless except for its eyes that were following the people walking by. Also saw a polar bear sitting on the ground rocking back and forth non-stop, like it had gone crazy or something. Pretty sad, so regardless of the good some do, I don't like them. Lots of zoos just kill their animals when they get too old for public display, but not to worry, they just breed more like the tiger you mention.

Latest posts

Latest posts