What's new

Fort Collin's Cough

G

anyone know anything about this strain??? Got it consistently for awhile on Phil Lesh tour in 00-01 and it was simply amazing...............Fort Collin's is in Colorado for those who didn't know hehehehe

man.........i'd trade anything in my stable for a taste of that again heheheheheh

BF
:rasta:

the cough is everywhere in colorado and has been for years...thus the name colorado cough... its nl5 x haze. I remember some big threads at cannabis world years ago about the genetics.
The other cough that i have heard called pineapple cough in boulder is the nl5 x skunk.

G

summitoker said:
the cough is everywhere in colorado and has been for years...thus the name colorado cough... its nl5 x haze. I remember some big threads at cannabis world years ago about the genetics.
The other cough that i have heard called pineapple cough in boulder is the nl5 x skunk.

right on bro! thanks for the info!!! I will always remember that taste...........unreal! Why don't we see THIS cut floating around more if it's everywhere in CO?!?!?!? This is a phenomenol strain of pot and I WANT IT NOW hehehehehehehehehehehe

BF
:rasta:

G

Yea I smoked the cough when in the fort visiting friends, nice herbs for sure, that was in 03. I started a thread on OG way back asking about it and was told there are 2 versions, cant remember the exact crosses but basically home made versions of SSH like summit said, they were both comprised of NL, Haze, and SK1 genetics. I would love to see this cutting get out to the online community. Actually I think Moonshine knows all about the Coughs and can tell you exact lineage.

G

inline6 said:
Yea I smoked the cough when in the fort visiting friends, nice herbs for sure, that was in 03. I started a thread on OG way back asking about it and was told there are 2 versions, cant remember the exact crosses but basically home made versions of SSH like summit said, they were both comprised of NL, Haze, and SK1 genetics. I would love to see this cutting get out to the online community. Actually I think Moonshine knows all about the Coughs and can tell you exact lineage.

right on inline6 danks bro! yah......it appears there are two versions............both had NLxHaze.........but one was hit with SK1 and the other was hit with Afghani1................killer killer killer smoke for sure! Thanks for the tip ... I'll ask moonshine about it

BF
:rasta: :joint:

Vermonster

yeah it's on phil, but it also travles the country along with the group of heads that grow it and settles were they do. they were stationed up in VT for while too and it was everywhere def an nl5Xhaze they also put out allot of strawberry cough...all very nice. personal favorites of mine. i know the whole world is obbssed with diesels now, but i ll take a haze anyday over a diesel.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always thought it was just NL X haze, and the other skunk X haze for the 2 CO coughs. also heard it was always a harsh toke?

anyway im here in CO and never have come across it.

CBF

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bumped into a grower yesturday, that was in fort collins back in the day when the CO cough first hit the area. the original CO cough was a NL5 X haze, was from sensi stock. summittoker has the skinny:D

CO cough #2 was (NL5 X haze) X skunk, and from there many NL x Haze outcrosses took place.

CBF

nogoodname

Greetings all!

You are correct in that Cough is nl x haze from sensi. It is a very particular pheno. The original Cough was replaced a few years back due to lost vigor. The guys that made Cough what it is aren't too hip on popularity and don't particularly want the cut passed around. There are MANY cuts out there available called Colorado Cough. This is not the Cough we are speaking of. Personally I started seeing that strain after the explosion of the dispensaries. I was very very lucky to get my cut from the source. It is a HUGE yielder when grown correctly. It needs lots of space and can easily go 11 weeks. Not much to look at or smell but the high is incredible!!!! I have one in at about 4 weeks now. I'll get my lazy ass around to snapping some pics for you guys.

As far as Cough2 goes, it is Haze x Skunk #1. I am told that is no longer around. I have a friend that still has some of that original seedstock. He is in no hurry to pop the seeds either. Hope this clarifies Cough for everyone!

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
its so funny how things go, I grew up in foco and back in the day everyone and there brother was holding the foco cough and the old fluff blueberry cut that actually got you high, AK48 buds as big as your face.... lol - I still know the blocks and streets where all the houses are only occupied by plants. Damn I miss it up there sometimes....

P

Paco

for as many shops around town that list it as one of their strains, it's usually not the FC cough. It's smooth smoke when taken to term for sure.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone know the year of this cut...when it was found / started...

Holding a plant called "STU" that is nearly 25 years old that is an old "Sensi Seed Club"
NL#5 x Haze...think DLB found and named this cut...(not the CO, but the STU)

Soooo many good keepers from that line...

dank.Frank

P

popdog

Does anyone know of a club that does carry the real deal? Surely one does.

nogoodname

for as many shops around town that list it as one of their strains, it's usually not the FC cough. It's smooth smoke when taken to term for sure.

Unfortunately he is very right. I would be very suprised to see the real deal in a shop. Most people that get/have it are glad to finally get it and don't often pass it around, much less sell to a dispensary. I love mine!! I'm just about halfway finished(6 wks) and can't wait as usual. When done well, she really rewards the long flowering time with a great yield. Strong smoke.

Personally, I'm getting tired of all the strain hoarding. Sucks. Let everyone try the best!!!

Last edited by a moderator: