What's new

Flying With Angels

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Dale Earnhardt Jr flew with the Angels, pulled 7.6g and was chewing gum the whole time. I don't know how to post videos but it's awesome to watch!

Sunshineinabag

Is that an F-18 Hornet there in yeah will they ever get out of those and transition in like an F-22 or you think they're just going to stay and the f-18s?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Is that an F-18 Hornet there in yeah will they ever get out of those and transition in like an F-22 or you think they're just going to stay and the f-18s?

They fly updated versions of the F-18.
The Blue Angels fly F/A-18E and F/A-18F Super Hornets (Rhinos) these days.

Your second question is above my pay grade.
:D

buzzmobile

Veteran
They fly old round inlet F-18s. The time that lead has to fly inverted is not very comfortable. Them rejoining back into a 4 ship diamond at the top of a loop was pretty cool.

The USAF has the F-22, and they do their own airshows.

The Blue Angels fly updated F-18 Super Hornets.
https://avgeekery.com/meet-the-blue-angels-new-super-hornet-jets/

There are two USAF Demonstration teams. The Thunderbirds fly the F-16. A se
parate team is the F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team who fly the F-22
See them at an air base near you in 22:
https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2021/usaf-f-22-raptor-demonstration-team-2022-airshow-schedule-released/

Thunderbirds Schedule:

https://airshows.aero/Page/AirShowsCalendar

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Good for them, they upgraded to LRIP vintage square inlet jets.

The thunderbirds got F-16s after the lead guy (when they were flying T-38s, which took 10,000' to do a loop) screwed up coming out of a loop, and the other three guys followed him in to his smoking hole. I think the Navy was still flying A-4s at the time. They like newer jets because they wow better, and the whole point is recruitment.

I think the F-22 is cool as shit and am pissed off that oboma cancelled it before even 200 were made. Lockheed did video the production process and save the tooling in containers with that info. That made it easier for oboma to ship the containers to china, and thus the chicom stealth program was born. Along with the izzys selling the plans to the Lavi, which America paid to have developed. It is now their J-10. They have to reverse engineer F-22 spare parts now because the tooling is missing.

The MIC is so yesterday though in this modern day era of mandatory vax jabs and rainbow butthurt liberals. The chicoms are invading and destroying from within now, knowing the American PTB are for sale and will sell out America for money They are buying what hey want, ie farmland. So is billy boy jab'em stab'em gates.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I don't think it's funny, but there is the reality. Watch what happens if xiden pushes the Rooskies too hard with his games in Eastern Europe and Ukraine. They figured out how to shoot down stealth planes in Yugoslovia, using cell towers, back in clintoon's day. They have had time to get better.

Unlike xiden's America, the Rooskies care about their national security and border integrity.

buzzmobile

Veteran
worms.jpg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
From your article. Oboma did this BTW. Sold the stuff to the chicoms:

One recently retired Air Force official with direct knowledge about the service’s efforts to repair two damaged Raptors said that they faced severe difficulties with retrieving the correct tooling. In one example, Air Force maintainers needed to build a particular component from scratch to replace a severely damaged part for an F-22. The crews went into the Conex boxes where the tooling and instructions to build the part were allegedly stored, but to their considerable surprise and aggravation, the container was empty. The same pattern repeated itself several times—and as of the last time the source checked–the issue remains unresolved. The bottom line is that even if the Air Force wanted to, it may not be physically possible to restart the line—at least not without a huge additional investment in time and money.

buzzmobile

Veteran
There was a long list of articles, flylowgethigh , all of them dealing with problems of the F-22 (your favorite jet). None of those articles was mine.

Are you still paying head space rent to Obama? Go back and enjoy the video of some skilled US Navy pilots who produced an awesome display over Pensacola, Florida, United States of America.

vtgirl

I've heard navy pilots eat well.
despite what some think they understand about us ic members
they truly have no clue
And that makes me giggle

Reactions: Gry